3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   CC Labor Day Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/175932-cc-labor-day-challenge.html)

dietcokehead98 07-09-2009 01:37 PM

That 30 day shred is a killer! I've been doing level one for a while..and i checked out level two last night. I'm pretty sure Jillian is insane. Certifiably.

Onederchic 07-09-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dietcokehead98 (Post 2820031)
That 30 day shred is a killer! I've been doing level one for a while..and i checked out level two last night. I'm pretty sure Jillian is insane. Certifiably.

LOL! :D

Jacque9999 07-09-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david (Post 2819988)
i have a friend who quit drinking and smoking at the same time, ive never seen someone gain thirty lbs so fast.

That's what scares me!!! I have quit in the past and thought I could be a "social" smoker. That didn't work out so good for me so of course I went right back to my old habits. I have worked so hard to lose almost 30 lbs. I don't want it back. Help!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dietcokehead98 (Post 2820031)

I COMPLETELY agree!!!

david 07-09-2009 04:50 PM

jacque, hang in ther youre doing great...i dont have all the answers, but maybe outside help with the smoking might be a good idea....i know you can do it!!!

david 07-09-2009 04:54 PM

p.s. sorry j i didnt mean to scare you

Chele615 07-09-2009 08:06 PM

I'm getting really really frustrated!!!! Last Friday morning, I was so excited to see the scale read 191.8!!!! It's so freaking close to being in the 180's!!!! 4th of July meant going to a friend's party, where I consumed much more alcohol than I have in a LONG time!!! Eating wasn't too off though....just lots of empty alcohol calories. The next morning I almost cried when the scale had jumped up to 199.8!!!!!

I have been going to the gym religiously since Monday morning, working out longer than normal, and the scale had moved down bit by bit, but it's still reading 195.2. I was at 195 for like 2 months and had FINALLY gotten out of that funk. I can't be back there again. GRRRR!!!

seagirl 07-09-2009 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seagirl (Post 2813280)
(Moralia, I love seeing women that are my height here. I don't know why. Good luck on reaching your goal! I bet you'll see the scale dip in no time.)

My goals are:
2 more hikes, at least.

At least 7 pounds gone. I've been losing about a pound a week, so that should be doable.

Keep tracking food (which as become a habit now, and easier with the Sparkpeople iPhone App)

Keep up with the yoga and biking and weight training to hopefully result in the vanishing of the weird right knee pain/weird feeling.

Tracking all my meals so far, and yoga every day with weight training 3 days a week. Planning on a hike this weekend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FukuokaFan (Post 2819326)
I'd like to join in.. my goals for CC Labor Day include reaching 145 #. Currently I am 158 and need to figure out calories needed to reach that goal. Any suggestions? I don't currently count calories explicitly, but think I am too high since I haven't lost any weight since the fall. I think it is somewhere around 1800-2000. I go to the gym about 3 times a week, but probably need to change that up.

Thanks for any help on the calories!

terry

Head over to the Calorie Counters forum. You'll get tons of advice. :D

david 07-10-2009 01:44 PM

2 more lbs!!! its funny, when i was 258, i would look in the mirror and convince mysel that i looked ok....now that ive lost a little i think i look a little more closely and im not liking what i see...i know what i look like at 180 or 185 and i wont be satisfied til i get there...chele dont worry so much about that scale if you know youre doing the right thing...going to tahoe today so i probably wont be checking in til tue or wed....have a great weekend everyone

Moralia 07-10-2009 03:51 PM

Great job everyone so far!! :carrot:

Update on me....

*130lbs (I may be happy with 135, however. Dh thinks 130 may be to "skinny", so we'll see what I look like at 135, I have a very small frame, so think 130 is good, but who knows! Haven't been that for a while..)

Still my goal...

*strength training/toning 5x week (15-20 min sessions)

Just started this today.. :o But now i'm planning on doing *something* weight/toning related at least 5x week!

*Keep on exercising daily. (Any kind of exercise!!)

I'm running for 35 minutes a day... I may do this 3-4x week, and an exercise DVD a couple times a week too...

*Keep on with healthy & clean eating.

Going well.. i've upped my calorie level, so far, so good I think...

Lost 1 1/2lbs since we started this challenge.. hoping that picks up though... i'm not usually a 'slow' loser... guess we'll see! ;)

jamsk8r 07-10-2009 06:56 PM

Hey peeps! :wave:

My internet was down yesterday for the whole day, and it looks like I missed a LOT! Will just jump in here, and not go mental trying to catch up. :dizzy: I did catch up on reading all the posts, though, and want to say :welcome: to all our new challengers!

Exercise is done, heavy deadlifts today. :carrot: I needed a break from all the killer workouts this week, so I was glad for the change. Tomorrow will be another "killer, oxygen-deprived, sweaty, lying on the floor after the workout" day, but it's the day before rest day, so it will be fine. Monday the gym is closed, but my boy (he is 12) has already volunteered to train me that day. He says we're heading up to the school yard, to see if I can get my kipping pull-up. How cute is that boy?

Let's see...the boy's cat, the one with the mucky eye, is doing better. He had some kind of abcess/infection thing going on, but I can't afford the "veterinary opthalmologist" my vet suggested, so we went with plan B, which was to give him a shot of serious antibiotics, then I bought a few prednizone tablets, to keep the antibiotics working a little longer, or better, something like that. The swelling is way down, and his eye looks almost normal today, plus he's eating and drinking normally, so I'm hopeful that the treatment is going to work.

Update on the Challenge and my goals:
Well, first time I've set a weight goal in a long time, and all my weight did was go up, lol! I've been stuck in 171-land for a week. TOM finally showed up today, though, so hopefully, the higher weight was just the usual pre-TOM bloat, and I'll start to see some better numbers on the scale now. I'm pretty close to my goal, so I don't expect record weight loss, but I'm trying hard to do better than 2 lbs a month!

Haven't made much progress on my other goals, but am working on them. Often, the workouts at my gym just shred my shoulders and/or my grip, so it's hard to work on either the handstands or the pull-ups. I did scope out some youtube videos late last night, to try and get some ideas on the handstand kick-up, so I will try some of those ideas, to see if they help any.

seagirl 07-10-2009 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moralia (Post 2821778)
Great job everyone so far!! :carrot:

Update on me....

*130lbs (I may be happy with 135, however. Dh thinks 130 may be to "skinny", so we'll see what I look like at 135, I have a very small frame, so think 130 is good, but who knows! Haven't been that for a while..)

Still my goal...

*strength training/toning 5x week (15-20 min sessions)

Just started this today.. :o But now i'm planning on doing *something* weight/toning related at least 5x week!

*Keep on exercising daily. (Any kind of exercise!!)

I'm running for 35 minutes a day... I may do this 3-4x week, and an exercise DVD a couple times a week too...

*Keep on with healthy & clean eating.

Going well.. i've upped my calorie level, so far, so good I think...

Lost 1 1/2lbs since we started this challenge.. hoping that picks up though... i'm not usually a 'slow' loser... guess we'll see! ;)

Congrats on the loss!!

david 07-10-2009 07:05 PM

nice to hear from you jam....youre like james brown, the hardest working woman on 3fc!!

seagirl 07-10-2009 07:11 PM

I'm down a pound for a grand total of 8 so far!

Had an awesome massage today as my little reward. :D

Jacque9999 07-11-2009 07:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moralia (Post 2821778)

With a small frame you would fall into that weight category. Click the image below

river 07-11-2009 08:26 AM

Hi Everyone! I've stuck to the game plan the past 2 days with the exception of last night's dinner. It wasn't terrible but could have been better.

It's a beautiful day so i plan on swimming and yoga today. Later, Paul McCartney is playing an outdoor concert and I'm lucky enough to have VIP seats!! Pretty excited about that and I will be having a few drinks and snacks outside on a Halifax patio in a few hours, preshow. :D

I started clipping magazine pictures to make a vision board. I ended up with a ton of healthy looking food, fit people, tennis and running shots, yoga, and beach-y type clips. It wasn't done with the intention of motivating weight loss but it looks like it will. Has anyone every made a vision board for weight loss before? How did it look, and did it help?