Old 05-31-2009, 07:59 PM   #1  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

Default June Calorie Counter's Chat *****

Hello Hello

Thought I would start the new thread. Just a quick note cos I need to get off my butt and go and do something!

Happy to report I'm down another 1kg today that 2.4 in the last two weeks - my bodies just gone into hyper speed!
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:10 PM   #2  
start march 29 2008

S/C/G: 286/140/135

Height: 5'4''

What a great feeling!!!! Now go for a walk.
lifechange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 11:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

good for you! i have been on my diet for a week 1/2 now and i am down 3 lbs which is good cause my goal is 2 lbs a week. having trouble getting motivated to work out tonight, just got my 7 month old to bed and i'm exhausted... still have to clean up the house too but i am giving myself a pep talk as i sit here and write... ok im gonna go work out now!
fashinjunkie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:07 AM   #4  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

Planning for my cross country trip. I leave in 2 weeks . YIKES!

This trip I am going self sufficient by taking along food and other provisions. I feel like I am getting ready for Burning Man, lol. I have GOOD instant coffee (VIA by Starbucks) and a hot water pot that plugs into my car so no more having to drink sugary Dr. Pepper for caffeine on the road. I also have a water bottle that filters water so I can actually get water at rest stops rather than having to take a flat of water like I have before.

For food I am opting for fruit, low fat/reduced sodium canned soups, crackers, breakfast cookies of some sort, instant oatmeal and whatever else I can think of in the next 2 weeks. I figure that's better than eating junk food that makes me feel like crap and will undo weeks of my careful diet watching.

Suggestions for food I can take that won't screw me up are, of course, welcome. Just nothing that requires refrigeration or cooking obviously as I will be living out of my car and sleeping at rest stops for 3-4 days each way. The hotel in Nashville, my destination, is a suites thingy with a fridge and microwave so I'll be able to be pretty good there too. Obviously not TOO good since I will be going to dinner with people and if my grandmother offers fried green tomatoes well it'd be criminal to say no!

The hotel also has a gym in it... otherwise I would be in trouble.

No WI till after TOM at this point. I hope I am 150 or below when I get around to it. Otherwise I will be really sad.
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:31 AM   #5  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Thanks for the start up. I can't believe it June 1st already,and my birthday will be soon around the corner and I haven't made a dent in this weight goal that's when I promised myself that I be by now. Oh well I guess I'll aim for the end of the year.

At least at my W-I this morning and I lost 1lb. I was shocked ,but than again I able to exercise again. Had a great day seeing my friends again and than chewing on the fat later at our Sunday Brunch.

MISS LOUD-Big congrats on your weight loss,2.4 is a great loss.

FASINJUNKIE-Welcome to the chat. That's wonderful losing 3 lbs, when your goal was for 2.wish I could do that,I was aiming for 2 and got 1.

PRINNY-How exciting a road trip,I haven't been on one of those in ages. What about some nuts or maybe some other vacuumed packed products that does't need refrigeration.

Have a good one
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:18 AM   #6  
Im changing my life!

S/C/G: 209/159/155(for now)

Height: 5'7"

Ah June. Half the year is gone already.

MissLoud - Congrats on your loss! You're really doing great!

Cebsme - Where in CA do you live? My inlaws are in Riverside and are 3.5 hours away. Of course the offer for the free haircut is extended to you

Fashin - I think motivation is the hardest part for me now. Even after 5 whole months, I despise exercise, but love my new body so much, I just keep doing it. It sounds like you're off to a great start.

Prinny - I dont have many food suggestions, but it sounds like your plan is really good! Hopefully you'll have a great time, thats the most important part.

Beach - Hooray for the 1lb! Does that mean you're back to normal now from the gain? I sure hope so! Im happy you had fun seeing your friends after it had been awhile. What day is your birthday in June?

Yesterday was nice. I ate alot, but kept within calorie range. I was good, and stopped eating at 630 too! I was so full, I didnt even miss a snack. Perhaps thats key? Eat more at dinner, and stay full during the evening? Not sure.

SUCH a busy month for me. Both of my daughters birthdays are June (11th & 25th) and their big double party is the 14th. One of my best friends is flying out from Texas for their birthday party, and that night we'll have a couples double date. Then Fathers day is the 21st, not to mention 2 tattoo appts. to finish this chest piece. Also, another of my best friends is set to be induced with her little boy no later than the 24th.
Vegaspunkermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:20 AM   #7  
BOOM!

Just poping in to say HELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mid-workout as I am want to do!

Ok stretches, then snack, then 1 hour of bike, then shower, then breakfast!

nom nom nom
Old 06-01-2009, 10:23 PM   #8  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I started my circuit workout again. Haven't done it since December and I really couldn't get through the whole workout so I stopped at the half way point in the tape. I'll finish it on Wednesday when I do the workout again. I ate way too many cookies today. I made 8 different kinds for DS's fiance's bridal shower and felt compelled to to taste each finished product...sigh... Oh, well tomorrow no junk or cookies.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:02 AM   #9  
BOOM!

Finally got 150, only 3 days late I blame TOM. Stupid TOM. Yes I know I said I was not going to WI but I did it anyway. SO THERE! Trying to figure out how to get the next 5 faster so I'll have 145 before the trip. Just don't think I CAN do 2.5 pounds a week, **** I can't even do 2 pounds a week regularly. :-(
Old 06-02-2009, 05:49 AM   #10  
Isabella

WTG, Prinny. I don't how you can lose weight faster unless you changed your exercise and did something different or more intense but I don't know if you'd even lose faster then. Just don't go on a cookie binge-it won't help.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:25 AM   #11  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Its a new week for me, and I started to exercise before breakfast. I went 20 mins on the bike,using the spinning technique[closing my eyes and imagine riding to where ever I'm going and than back again] and I must say it works.

VEGAS-Thanks,Yes I'm back to the weight I was .Now that that's gone,I will proceed to get the rest off.My birthday is on the 22nd,and I was disparately planning to get to goal by then now that I had that mishap for two months I'm back to square one.

I think that's they key also but I will have to eat more a supper as my dinner is at 12n.

PRINNY-I may be joining you in the exercising program before breakfast,but not as much as your doing.Congrats for getting back to the 150's. The less you have to lose the harder is going to become to lose,but I do agree with Retire,just eat less or exercise more.

RETIRE-You did great starting the circuit exercising again,no one expects to to go further than you can ,Wed will be another day to finish.Cookies and such will always be there,to tempts us,but its the will power to say
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:34 PM   #12  
Isabella

Thanks Beach. You're always so encouraging. You take time to reply to everyone.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:31 PM   #13  
Im changing my life!

S/C/G: 209/159/155(for now)

Height: 5'7"

Hi!

Prinny - CONGRATS!! I also dont know how you can lose the weight faster besides upping your exercise while staying at the same calories. Thats the only thing I can think of, but I cant even seem to do it myself.

Retire - YUM cookies! My husband baked cookies with our daughters 2 weeks ago, and I had 2 bites of one cookie. I do miss them. I still cant get through an entire Jillian Michaels circut training workout.

Beach - Hooray for you hopping on the bike & hooray for you losing the gain! Excellent news for you all around. Im marking down the 22nd

Well, Im pretty b*tchy today. I dont know why, but Im blaming it on hormones. If everything is correct I should be PMS'ing today, and it certainly feels like I am. I W-I this morning at 160.2. So, thats a 1lb gain for me, putting me in an even crappier mood.

I cleaned the house this morning. Now, Im planning to do a short cardio workout, and taking the kids to a cupcake place so they can design their own cupcakes. Funny thing, the thought of a cupcake makes me sick to my stomach. I guess thats a good thing.
Vegaspunkermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:06 AM   #14  
BOOM!

retiredone Cookie binge is not likely to happen, I really am not a 'sweet' person... er... actually that's true on many levels. Spicy, salty, meaty and a little tart... yeah. I am thinking about finding something aerobic to do between weight training days. Maybe just cranking up some loud thumpy EBM and dancing in my kitchen!

beach bum Yeah, see above. Manic dancing in the kitchen may be what I do! Plus I am really kicking up my strength training. I know I am almost 40 but I want the arms, shoulders and legs back from when I was a dancer.

Vegaspunkermom I'm going to do what I can I am more worried right now about my waist measurement than the scale right now. Need to get those last 2 inches to be at the upper size for my corsets.

You know, V, I miss baking cakes SO MUCH. I do art cakes so it's a huge creative thing for me. I do NOT miss eating them at all. What's worse is that while baking I have to constantly taste every colour of icing because I do very bright/dark colours and I have to make sure the flavouring balance is right so the icing dye doesn't make it taste bitter or plasticky. *urgh* That I do NOT miss.

I am just determined to get down to 145ish by my trip. I really want to do a photo shoot and so does my photographer friend. If I can get my waist down just another inch or two the corsets can do the rest since what I would be wearing for the shoot is Victorian my hips and butt will be camouflaged by a big bustle and skirts. All about the waist!

Ok back to my workout. I added a few exercise today so I did strength training for a whole hour. Must stretch before I cool down too much, protein snack, then bike for an hour.

EDIT: Ok so last time I took my waist a few days ago I was still really bloated from PMS apparently because I took it tonight and... 27 inches!!! I have 3 more to go! WOOT!!! I am now 40-27-40.5 Only one more inch till I can squeeze into skinny corsets! I have noticed I lose about an inch off my waist for every 5 pounds so 15 to go, is the 3 inches.

Last edited by prinny; 06-03-2009 at 04:09 AM. Reason: I got out the tAPE MEASURE
Old 06-03-2009, 08:03 AM   #15  
Isabella

Prinny, I never lose inches off my waist. Well not like you anyway. My waist is the thickest part of my body. I have pants that are hanging off the hips and legs and still tight on the waist. You truly have a Barbie Doll figure. Much to be envied by me.