Old 05-06-2009, 09:18 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 166/139/125

Height: 5'5 3/4"

Wormwoodoll, go you! Getting back on track is the hardest part- after that you know you can do it.

Angel- 15 lbs, wow! Congrats. Now everything you do in your life you are carrying 15lbs less... before it would have been like carrying around a 15lb weight all the time. Idk, thinking about it that way always helps me so I thought I'd share.
km25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:12 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 198/128/138

Height: 5'7

Down 8 with 7.5 to go! Over half way there for the challenge. Keep up the awesome work everyone!11111
amynbebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:17 PM   #123  
Saving Myself

S/C/G: 199.6/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

km25: I didn't think of it that way before. I've lost 15 lbs over 7 months and it's been so gradual that I barely remember being any bigger. But this way of thinking helps me remember all I've accomplished!

WormwoodDoll: Glad you're back on the horse or wagon or whatever.

amynbebes: Congrats on 8lbs down!! Wow!

Last edited by Angel's_Dust; 05-06-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Angel's_Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:06 PM   #124  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Angel's_Dust - Gorgeous new avatar picture. !

Day two back on track and I'm feeling good. I set up a strict budget for myself, leaving only $60 per month for eating out and that kind of stuff. Eating out is my downfall and it causes most of my binges. DBF offered a lot of eating out and pizza ordering during those two weeks. -_-
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:56 AM   #125  
Saving Myself

Thanks, WormwoodDoll! I know what you mean about pizza. I love it. It's my bday on Sunday and I'm having yummy pizza and a DQ ice cream cake. That'll make me gain a few pounds because of the leftovers!! I can't really resist a cake in the freezer! I'll try to only have one slice a day, but it'll probably be a big one. I'm torn between trying to reach my 15 lb goal and eating the cake. Problems....
Old 05-09-2009, 08:57 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 269/183/150

Well, I ended this week at 216. So, I am just 17 pounds away from my summer goal. My official wi is Monday, but I am probably going to blow it on Sunday so I don't expect it to go any lower. I am hoping my husband took my hints about taking me out to The Melting Pot sans kids for Mother's day. I know it sounds terrible, but I really need a few hours away from them. I feel like this baby is stuck to me 24 hours a day!

I hope everyone is making progress with their challenge. Happy Birthday Angel's Dust! And Happy Mother's Day to all of you mamas! :-)
Sunkisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:42 AM   #127  

Happy Birthday Angel's Dust, Happy Mother's Day to everyone that's a mom on here.
Angel's Dust, you don't have to gain weight from the cake if you cut calories elsewhere in the day, right? I am SUCH a sweets person too. I love cake for breakfast the day after. YUM
Eating out is really hard for me too. Even when I control my portions while out to dinner all I want to do when I get home is binge! Does that happen to you guys?
Old 05-09-2009, 03:17 PM   #128  
Saving Myself

Happy Mother's Day!

km25: Yeah, I cut calories for the bad stuff and the fast food. I make sure it fits into my calories. I never let myself go above 1600 and if I HAVE to, 2000. I think my bday will be a 2000 day. I'll try not to eat too much before dinner. But 3 slices of pizza and dip can be a lot. Then there's cake.That's like 1500 right there. I'll just try to have less calories the next day. I know what you mean about the cake for breakfast!!! I haven't tried that yet....Also, the Sunday after, I have my family dinner (at least that's home cooked) and MORE cake. My grandma always bakes a cake. Then we have leftovers!! Ugh. So many calories, but I love the sugar! I think to combat all this, I'll just try to control myself and make it last longer. And do more exercise. Maybe I'll try running 4x a week instead of 3.

Thanks for the support! Oh, and the 15 lb. loss stuck

Last edited by Angel's_Dust; 05-09-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:07 AM   #129  

Weigh-in, 5/11. Well I don't usually weigh in until Monday night, but my 6 year old dog died and so I'm going home for a few days. He was like a member of our family (like weirdly so, it was a little abnormal how much we loved him, but we did...) so it's pretty devastating - my mom said she's never seen my dad so upset in the 26 years that they've been married!! Needless to say, I cried nonstop all day yesterday. Maybe that's why I lost weight :-(
Anyway, I did lose 7 lbs. I'm pretty surprised, but I am not even happy about it because I'm too sad about Bogart- that is his name.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:00 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 269/183/150

I am very sorry to hear about Bogart, km25. Losing family is never easy. Wtg on 7 lbs though! That is amazing!

I weighed in today at 214. I decided to be good over the weekend since my goal is starting to seem impossible. Plus, my husband got me an edible arrangement and a facial instead of taking me to the melting pot. So, it was easy to be good. We did have pizza last night, but I got thin crust crust easy cheese and jalapeno and only ate 4 little squares of it (maybe 2 slices) and fruit.
Sunkisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:50 PM   #131  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Angel's_Dust - I hope you had a great birthday! Even better avatar picture this time

So...I fell off the wagon AGAIN. Yes, again. Things have been rather stressful around here...and I didn't get to properly food shop this month, so the two combined have been making this difficult. But I PLAN to be ON PLAN tomorrow. I bought some more yogurt, salad goodies, and planned my meals until Sunday. Sunday I get to do extreme food shopping (get all my meats, lunch fixings, dinners, snacks) and I AM going to be on plan! At least I am maintaining and not gaining. I may push my goal to 190 for this challenge, but I will take any further loses.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:52 PM   #132  
Saving Myself

I am so sorry to hear about your dog, km25!! I know exactly how that feels. My cats and dog are part of our family. Around 3 years ago my only cat at the time died unexpectedly at age 6, too. I cried for days. I even cried on the toilet (hope that's not too much info). But congrats on the loss. That's a huge one!

I lost .8 this week. I'm down to 182.8. The scale looked like it wanted to go down to 182 since it did a few times. Hopefully it'll be down in a few days. Can't believe the weight I've lost since joining this challenge! I love it!

Last edited by Angel's_Dust; 05-11-2009 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Forgot to add my weight loss!
Old 05-11-2009, 07:01 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 315 heighest/Feb09 286/254/150

Height: 5ft 6 inches

Today's the half way mark for the 10% weightloss challange at work. For some reason the day I weighed in I weighed 265 at home and 286 at work! (Darn weigh in was right after lunch. No clue why it was that high). I'm aiming for a loss of 30lbs but technically 29 would qualify. Today the home scale said 258 and the work scale said 262 (snuck in before lunch today). Given that the first 2 weeks of the challenge had my first plateau I'm pleased with the progress so far. It's not going to be the 30 on the home scale I was aiming for but 15 or 20 is certainly progress!
Misora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:45 PM   #134  
Saving Myself

WormwoodDoll: Didn't even see your post. We must have posted at the same time! I love you're new avatar. You're really beautiful! I took that picture on my birthday. Might as well update. I had a fun birthday! But I'm glad it's over. It's surprising I'm losing weight after all the pizza and cake!! I'm using portion control. No more than one slice of cake a day.

I'm really sore today from the yoga and running I did yesterday. I have to do a bunch of walking and an hour of strength training today. Ugh. But I can't say it isn't worth the results!!
Old 05-14-2009, 12:44 PM   #135  

Thanks for the sympathy guys. So it's been kind of rough the past 5 days. I haven't worked out. I've been so exhausted from crying. I'm starting working out today. Also, on Tuesday my boyfriend took me to dinner to cheer me up (didn't really work). I had two michelob ultras and that lowered my inhibitions enough that I ate more than I should have. So I'm trying to make up for that indiscretion yesterday and today, and I'll try to get in some good long workouts the next few days. I'm a little nervous about weigh in on monday just because this week has been off, but we'll see.
I hope you all have been doing well in the diet/exercise arena!