Old 03-01-2009, 09:10 PM   #1  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Default March Calorie Counters' Chat

Hi, March is here. Hope everyone has a successful month.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:13 PM   #2  
Isabella

I didn't do very well in February--too much cake. I kept losing and gaining the same pound all month. So for March I'm hoping to drop at least 5 pounds.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I really slacked last month, so I'm back to being good this month.

A friend that I routinely have lunch with is doing Body For Life, so now I don't feel like a freak wanting to go somewhere healthy every time we go out. I'm hoping that'll help me stay on track this month. I'm also trying to cut way down on refined sugar and alcohol right now. I'm making DH buy beer that I don't like so that I'm not tempted.

retiredone~ I've been fighting with the same 2-3 lbs since January, so I can identify!

Last edited by zenor77; 03-01-2009 at 09:15 PM.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:32 PM   #4  
Isabella

Zenor, it will be good to have a "partner in crime" when you're eating out. I ate well today and DH is taking an interest in losing a few pounds himself so that will help me. Lets determine to rid ourselves of those pesky returning pounds and say good bye to them forever.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:52 AM   #5  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

March beings with a squishy thud for me. I am sick. I can't workout, and I want to drink 47235472472 calories of juice and chicken soup and not care.

FAIL
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:39 AM   #6  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Not a good day, the we're having a ice storm expecting winds from a no'easter some time this afternoon.TG Leo went out to get the staples that we needed. The only thing we're hoping for is for the power to stay on.

I lost 1 pound this morning at W-I.I so happy, as tomorrow I can report that I lost a total of 3 lbs since I went to the doctors 2 weeks ago.

Now I can move my ticker this week,to read correctly.

RETIRE-I feel like you do about February,Its was as bad month for me weight wise. I hope to lose,shortly now that the doctor is going to work with me.Thanks retire for starting us up for March.

ZENOR-That's wonderful that you have a friend that is on a good healthy program,that half the battle. My friends are much older than I and they don't have to worry about their weights as they are all string beans. Me I have to watch,and now going to be under doctor care. I'm lucky my DH give up beer years ago,doesn't have the taste for it anymore.

PRINNY-Sorry that your sick,but you should think about eating fruits instead of juice and make use that you look at labels for sodium in the soups.Hope you have a better month that you did in Feb.

Have to go,will be back later

Last edited by beach bum; 03-02-2009 at 09:40 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hello Everyone,

I post on the 50+ thread, but am counting calories.

My Feb was pretty good - after a disastrous January, I lost 4+ pounds in Feb & am back on track with my plan.

I try to eat an average of 1100 - 1200 calories/day each week. I am trying to vary between fewer than 1,000 and more than 1,200. I try to average 90 min of exercise/day each week. Varying between 60 and 120 minutes - more on the days I'm eating more.

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 03-02-2009 at 09:41 AM.
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:09 AM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

IM BACK!!! The wedding was PERFECT!!! The weather could have been worse but it was spitting ice pellets pretty much the whole day but it didnt stick to the ground...It was beautiful and my daughter was radiant. My granddaughter was perfect and slept thru the whole reception!!! We had a wonderful time and my daughter and new son inlaw are honeymooning in the smoky mountians.I was exhausted yesterday but am coming around today. My body is sore and i am counting the hours of cleaning up and decorating as exercise!!! LOL I worked up a good sweat both times!!
Im up 6lbs on the scales..but I ate !!! IM back OP today and drinking water!! I also am going to exercise this month as spring is coming...We are in the 20 today for highs but 60s later in the week!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies!! I had a horrible february too, losing and gaining the same 3lbs over and over. But I am back on track!! I am going to Boston in April and I would like to be at least 15lbs down by then so I have to work my butt off between now and then!!
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:59 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

hi everyone, I'm sorry it seems most had a bad Feb, i hope you all have an awesome March.
today is 2 month from the day i started my new lifestyle of calorie counting and making healthier choices, better portion control. I have lost 20lbs as of this morning, only 20 to go WOOHOO. My birthday is at the end of April, i pray I reach goal by then
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:00 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 171/see ticker/130

Height: 5-2

Hey everyone! I had a bad February also until the last week. I am down 6 pounds. Now this is where I normally get than gain it back quickly. One thing that is different is I lost a pound over the weekend Normally I gain. I am doing Atkins and still staying under caloires. I must admit, this I can do. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
Shannonk1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:21 PM   #12  
Busy Mommy

S/C/G: 218/181.5/130

I did decent in February. Lost a total of 8.5 pounds. Not bad but Vday probably pushed me back a bit. I'm lookin forward to a great March though. Being in ONEderland now has definitely changed my outlook on this losing weight thing. LOL.

On a personal note, my daughter is potty trained now...well almost. I have been trying and trying and all of a sudden this weekend it was like a switch flipped. Amazing!!!

retire Good luck with your 5 pound goal. You can do it!!!

zenor I'm SO glad you found someone you can have lunch with who has the same goals you do. That will make enjoying your lunch without guilt or temptation easier.

prinny Aw, feel better!

beach Congratulations on your loss!!!!!

lady Good luck on your goals this month!

dgramie I'm so happy the wedding went well. Congratulations on your new SIL. LOL. I'm glad to see you back OP but glad that you enjoyed the wedding all the same

angel You can do it!!! Stick to your goals girl!

willow I will be keeping my fingers crossed. Stick to it. You are almost there!!

shannon Congratulations on your loss
nicki rose98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:49 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicki rose98 View Post
I did decent in February. Lost a total of 8.5 pounds. Not bad but Vday probably pushed me back a bit. I'm lookin forward to a great March though. Being in ONEderland now has definitely changed my outlook on this losing weight thing. LOL.

On a personal note, my daughter is potty trained now...well almost. I have been trying and trying and all of a sudden this weekend it was like a switch flipped. Amazing!!!
Congrats on the lbs lost last month.

bigger congrats on the potty training. I do rmember those days. None of my kids trained before 3. They just had zero interest in it.
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:01 PM   #14  

i run an inhome daycare and last week I worked with the youngest child who is 2 1/2 and he had the flip switch also. he is even staying dry at naps and all night long. Today i started on the oldest one I keep she will be 3 next week and she is doing ok so far...If she continues i will have all 3 in reg underwear in no time.
Its amazing how that flip switches when they are finally ready!!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:46 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 209/174/155

Height: 5'6"

I am sorry to hear about those of who struggled thru February. At least it was only a 28 day month!!! In March we get three more days to meet our goals!!!

February was my first month of calorie counting and exercising. I lost 9 lbs and I feel GREAT! My birthday is March 26th so I am looking forward to maybe a little b-day shopping for some spring shirts, etc. My goal is at least 8 lbs a month so I hope I can reach that for my birthday but if not I have 5 more days after my b-day to reach the goal for the month. I really would like to lose 10lbs by my b-day but I am trying to not set myself up for too much failure. I am a veggie hater also so I am trying to include more of them in my diet in a slow pace so I don't get too disgusted.

I think March is gonna be good. The snow is gonna start melting, the time changes so we get more daylight at the end of the day, my horses are sheading so that is a workout brushing them, and before we know it March will be over too and we will all feel even better about ourselves because we didn't quit!!!
Phyxius79 is offline   Reply With Quote