Old 02-01-2009, 09:02 PM   #1  

Default questions,questions,questions!

Hey everyone! I know everybody has their own diet plan an everything but I was just curious........how long did it take for you to notice you were losing weight?

One more thing......
My family is always eating out and I do really good dieting for a few days but then when they mention going out I become a victim of fast food.lol
Does anyone else have this problem? How do you get such good self control?
jellybelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:15 PM   #2  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I jsut try and eat the best I can when eating out. It can be hard but I don't really have the cravings for junk like I used to.

I've lost 30 lbs and I'm JUST starting to notice it. but everyone is different.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I felt and saw a difference within the first five pounds.
I think you have to be careful about trying to use more self control than you have, because you won't be able to keep it up. I still eat fast food, all the time. I just eat less, and try to pick the best things on the menu.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:03 PM   #4  
FB

I knew I was losing weight as soon as the scale told me so. But I didn't see or notice remarkable aesthetic differences for awhile. Felt better right away, that's a plus!

It's not necessarily as much to do with self control as it is knowledge! If you plan on eating fast food I'd just scope it out on a calorie counting site like The Daily Plate or the restaurant's site and make the best, healthiest decisions you can. The trick is not to be taken by surprise after you've eaten it. Just about any restaurant will have something you can work into your plan.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:44 PM   #5  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Most fast food chains have nutritional information available on their websites. I went to the websites of the major fast food chains that I thought I would be most likely to end up eating at and made a list of the choices they offer that can fit into my diet. Almost every chain has something I could eat, and many have several choices. I keep these lists on my Palm, which I usually always have with me.

Many fast food places also have nutritional information available in their restaurants, you just have to ask for it.

It only took me about six weeks to notice I was losing weight, but it took other people a lot longer to notice it. I had dropped at least a whole size in clothing, maybe even more than one size, before anyone else noticed or said anything (except for the few friends that knew I was trying to lose weight).

Last edited by BlueToBlue; 02-01-2009 at 10:46 PM.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:27 AM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

How to go out to restaurants (some specific strategies)

- Look up nutrition information on the restaurant's website, if they have it listed there. This can make sure you aren't blindly eating 1000 calories thinking it's "not that bad."

- Decide ahead of time what your choices will be. Don't just let your hungry eyes roam over the menu looking for something good.

- Make some foods Not An Option for now. This doesn't mean forever, of course, but it does mean for this time. Examples: french fries and other potato dishes; rice; anything with cheese sauce; breaded deep fried foods; biscuits, rolls, buns; high fat salad dressings. You get the idea.

- If it's a sit-down restaurant, plan in advance to eat only half and take the other half home. Get a box when they bring your order so you can divide it ahead of time.

- Skip desserts. People sometimes do pretty well with the entree, but then they add on 500+ calories of dessert and blow the whole thing.

Hope this helps!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:22 AM   #7  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

I've lost about 30lbs (40 total from my HW) and it took me until 2 weeks ago to realize it. A friend of mine had pictures of us in a red tank that I owe. A couple days later I wore the same red tank and thought it'd be funny to take a picture to compare and ohmygod, I was so pleased. You can definitely tell in my waist. It really just depends. Sometimes our minds play tricks on us. There's a lot of days I feel bigger then I ever was.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote