Old 02-13-2009, 12:08 PM   #421  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

FB, I think you deserve one of these, for doing that workout then puking your guts up. You're the boss of me!

Barb, I have a little red pit bull, and a big yeller dog that's a pit bull/rott mix. They both pull the scooter, but usually not together, since the big dog gets over-excited about pulling, and even more so if there are other dogs pulling, too. Then all his brains leak out, and it becomes a suicide run. He's a very good house dog, but just goes a little mental for pulling, because he loves to pull and run. Also, he loves bunnies, but not in a good way.

I was going to put a pic of them, but it's asking for a URL. I'll have to read up on how to insert a pic into my post, since they are just on my 'puter, not on the net.

Well, I am still stuck at 181.6, third day in a row. I'm thinking I'm not gonna make 179.4 by tomorrow morning. Oh well, NBD. I am really okay with it. I'm having fun with the workouts, and really care more about lifting heavy or improving on my functional fitness goals than I do about the scale number. I know it will eventually go down.
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:19 PM   #422  

I am going to go with my weighin today instead of tommorow because hubby is wanting to take me out for dinner tonight. I tried saying no and it hurt his feelings. Im going with 220.6 so i lost almost 4lbs in the challenge..not good but i am ok with it considering all going on in my life right now
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:59 PM   #423  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Wow everyone has pitbulls!!! Here is a pic of mine.....

And here is one of here with my DS when he was little....

Dont mind the big stain on the rug. Sorry never have a light colored rug with a dog around!! Glad we moved out of that house!!

Sorry I love pictures!!!

FB- Hope that you are feeling better soon.

Barb- Hope that your shoulder is feeling better soon.

Jam- I have never thought of having my dog pull anything. She really needs to get more exercise, she has all kinds of pent up energy!

Dgramine- 4lbs is great!!

Nicki- You can do it girl!!!

Chubby- 10000 steps a day awesome!! I think it is somewhat more motivating when your SO lifts weights. Good luck!!

Things have been super busy around here this week. I made it to the Y 3 times already and we are going tomorrow. I am hoping since it is Valentines Day it wont be too busy but I am sure I will be wrong!

I am for sure not going to make it to my Valentines goal. I am also not going to make any excuses for myself. My eating sucked in January and I didnt work out as much as I should have. So I didnt make it to my goal but I am getting closer everyday!!

Have a Happy Valentines Day everyone!!

Last edited by AngelMae; 02-13-2009 at 03:00 PM.
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:32 PM   #424  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

Well, let's see if this works. Testing, testing:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Princess_Gracie_12-31-8_(3)[1].jpg (45.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Bjorn_Dec_31_2008[1].jpg (23.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 02-13-2009, 08:53 PM   #425  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

Woohoo, it worked!

FB, now we need to see pics of your dogs, please. When you can crawl up to the computer, that is.

Angel, your dog is beautiful! I hate carpet and dogs, too. Especially light colored carpet, but pretty much all carpet is a bad idea with dogs in the house. Somebody always gets sick, or whatever, then it's ruined. If you're interested, check out Dogscooter.com. Might give you some ideas.

Well, my boy has left the building! For the weekend. Party, party, party...er, well...okay, I'll probably just paint the pantry, try to find the parts for my van, and get some grocery shopping done. Except, Sunday morning, I'm going scootering with some friends and their dogs. I'm going to take the big 4 wheeled musher's cart out for a test spin with 2 dogs.

Scootered 4 miles with dogs today, lots of running, so that was sorta like a workout. Tonight, I'm gonna do some heavy lifting, back and chest, prolly some arms torture. Will save shoulders, since I work those a lot with the crossfit stuff. Feel like getting out, so I think I'll call my sister S and see if she's up for a visitor. I'll check in with you ladies tomorrow or late tonight.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:30 PM   #426  
BELIEVE!

Since we are sharing, I'll take a turn...

Here are my three furry ones.

Heidi is a 14 year old beagle/terrier mix. She's very misbehaved and is constantly stealing the kid's food.

Lucy is a 13 year old mutt. She's about 70 pounds with short lil legs, one blue eye and one eye that is half brown/half blue, she can no longer hear, such a sweet thing, but very sad and needy these days.

Charlee is our 5 year old chihuahua. She's a sweethear and the kids love her, but she thinks any carpet is there to pee on. Ugh. This is Carlton, our 3.5 yo snuggling up with her.

While I'm at it, here are my two boys having fun with the dog bowls. Notice the food everywhere.
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:49 PM   #427  
FB

I'm a shoddy photographer, because I typically don't take many photos at home. I want to break all cameras!

Here's an oldie of my son with the chihuahua, when he had two eyes. The dog, that is...

I'll look on my older hard drives for the other dogs. Only I don't feel like hooking them up just now. I promise I will soon!

dgramie- 4 pounds is good, really and truly! Consider it a victory! I'll trade ya for my 3 if you'd like.

Angel - Cute big pup! Love the baby butt too. I just adore diapered baby butts, so soft and squeezy. As a fellow mom I hope that doesn't sound too weird.

Jamma - Those are some big boys you have there too! What's this? Do my eyes deceive me? You're uploading photos? WTF? Seriously though, I'm so happy you figured it out. The dogs are cute boyos. Can you get us some photos of YOU and YOUR dogs dog scootering? Get the son on that assignment maybe? You know we all want to see, like last year!

Enjoy your kid free weekend. Sounds lovely. My little guy is staying the night at his grandma's tomorrow. Unfortunately my husband will likely expect me to act romantic. As if.

Barb! Check out your guys! (I call all dogs guys, I refer to ours as boys altho one's a female.) Chihuahuas are notoriously tough to housebreak. I KNOW! Love the one of your human boys playing with the food, too freaking cute! Gawd, Lucy's legs ARE short. Jackson in his onesie makes me smile. I love fat lil' toddler legs and toes!

Speaking of legs and pee everywhere - I worked legs tonight. A really harebrained idea since I'm sick and I consider legs to be the toughest to do. My HR was sky high, so I took it pretty easy, not wanting to risk a stroke or something. Since my judgement was off I played with Good Mornings and Deadlifts as well. Still using lighter weights, wanting to figure out form.

With working legs I doubt I'll get my goal weight back in time for tomorrow. Ah well, as Jam said - the fitness is more important than a number. Maybe the sick fairy will grant me a wish? She should grant me something after this violent virus. Eh.

Just kidding about pee everywhere - it sounded good. Real tough and beasty, ya know.

Last edited by FB; 02-13-2009 at 11:55 PM.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:07 AM   #428  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

FB, I'm not giving out a Flamey for THAT! Ew! Yeah, we're a couple of frickin' geniuses, lifting heavy the night before the big weigh-in. lol. Cute dog and boy! Those are pics my sister sent me, smartypants. I still haven't figured how to take a decent pic with my new camera, much less upload them. You'll just have to wait.

Barb, love the pics! Cute dogs, cute boys!

How do you peeps get the pic to show up in the post like that? Does it have to be on a website first? I couldn't figure how to put one into my post, only to do attachments. I checked the FAQ but couldn't find how to do that.

Change of plans since I talked to you peeps last. Seems all my dog friends are on the crack, so there was some confusion about which day we were supposed to run, and 2 couldn't make it for Sunday, so we had to move the scootering up to tomorrow morning. Dang! This means I can't take my big dog Beorn and the musher's cart, cuz Beorn just ran today and yesterday, and he's pooped! I thought he'd have a rest day before the group run.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:39 AM   #429  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

Happy Valentine's Day!

I missed my goal by ONE pound, exactly. Still, I can't complain. I've made some fitness gains this time, I'm lifting heavier than before, and feeling good.

SW:183.4
CW:180.4
GW:179.4
Old 02-14-2009, 03:07 PM   #430  
FB

Happy V Day everyone! I ate a sugar cookie. Yep, yep. I haven't had one in AGES and it was GOOD. EVERYONE - we rocked this ****. We really did. It's been a pleasure! Are you ready for the next one? You better be!

Even better than the flour, sugar, butter carby load of cookie?? I somehow regained my goal back and then a bit. 149.2 today, yay. That's from being sick you know and making a wish to the sick fairy.

Jammablammawamma - Yes, to upload photos directly you'll need to host them somewhere. Try photobucket.com, free and easy - my kinda thing. After you've uploaded the photos and return to your album simply click on the direct URL part option, copy it (the direct URL) and paste it after you click the little yellow photo icon and it asks for the URL (above where you write posts). Sounds tedious, but takes under a minute. Photobucket can also resize the photos smaller for you. Try it, you like it.

Hope the group run was fun!

Hey, you've made a TON of headway on this challenge. Look how great you're doing with the BFL and points challenges - you're really on the ball. One pound? Big whoop compared to what you're doing. That pound will go away soon enough. On our next challenge! You'll be rocking the 170's! So cool, we've all gone so far together.

And Jammy? It's our first anniversary - we've now challenged together a whole year.

You want me to send you a certificate for a pedicure?

Last edited by FB; 02-14-2009 at 03:10 PM.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 04:08 PM   #431  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I'm so excited to be able to come here and let you guys know that I actually met my goal!!! I weighed in this morning, hoping to be as close to 200 as I could be since the last couple of weeks haven't been too good for me. It seemed that every week, I was inching up by a pound each time. So, I wasn't expecting to hit my goal of being out of the 200's, but was pleasantly surprised by my weigh in this morning.

I stepped on the scale and it read 199.2!!!! I got on and off that thing probably about 10 times just to make sure that it wasn't fooling with me because I'm definitely not used to seeing that first number at all. I have had a goofy smile on my face all day long and couldn't wait to get over here to tell everyone!!!

I've been really frustrated and down about things the last couple of weeks since the scale wasn't moving in the right direction for me, but this has made my day so much better. I have this odd feeling of accomplishment because I honestly never really thought that I could do it. I've been creeping up the mid 200's for so many years that it just didn't seem possible for me. I don't think I have been this small weight wise since probably freshman year of high school....if not even middle school.

Now I'm rambling! haha
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 07:57 PM   #432  

I mad it to my goal,I didn't think that I was going to but I did.
Great job everyone.
chubbyphotographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:30 PM   #433  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

Chele, for getting to ONEderland, you get one of these. I don't give them out every day, you know. I present to you, the Highly Coveted Flamey Award, for outstanding achievement in weight loss! Yes, now you have won a MAJOR award. You are famous! Congratulations! Woohoo!

Chubs, WTG on meeting your V-day goal! You are doing so great and staying on your plan.

FB, I'ma send you a cupcake for our anniversary! I'm gonna go start the new thread now. Time for the Easter challenge! PS- thanks for the info on how to post pics! I musta been hangin' out with you too long, cuz that made sense to me!

Last edited by jamsk8r; 02-14-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:55 PM   #434  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I've never gotten a Coveted Flamey Award before....I'm so excited
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:09 PM   #435  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

Okay peeps, the new challenge thread is up. See you over there! Time to rock the CC Easter Challenge!

Last edited by jamsk8r; 02-14-2009 at 10:10 PM.