3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Lean Cuisines (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/152526-lean-cuisines.html)

Kayhm0711 09-26-2008 10:53 PM

Lean Cuisines

Wow do I like them. I bought a pizza Lean Cuisine today at the grocery store because every rants about how good they are. They are really good. It def. helps me with the craving of wanting pizza. I did awesome today I stayed under 1600 calories. I am so proud of myself.

xdominic89x 09-27-2008 12:04 AM

Good job on reaching your goal. I would watch out for these if you are watching your sodium, though. They are still pretty high.

PhotoChick 09-27-2008 12:33 AM

Good for you. Just keep an eye on your sodium with the prepackaged meals. They can cause you to retain water, which means it will look like you're not making any progress (or worse, gaining) when you're really not.

JellyBean32882 09-27-2008 02:03 AM

I like the glazed chicken lean cuisines, but don't eat them hardly anymore as they are loaded with sodium and god knows what else.

dixied 09-27-2008 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhotoChick (Post 2381902)
Good for you. Just keep an eye on your sodium with the prepackaged meals. They can cause you to retain water, which means it will look like you're not making any progress (or worse, gaining) when you're really not.

I'm glad someone mentioned the sodium, I don't watch the sodium, but I have stalled this week and was wondering why. I guess my daily Lean Cuisine could explain why I seem to lose a lot on the weekends and not during the week when I take them for lunch.

JayEll 09-27-2008 08:34 AM

If you make sure to drink enough water, you won't have any trouble with LC's because of sodium.

Jay

kelly315 09-27-2008 12:45 PM

I agree with Jay...while you should watch your sodium somewhat, It's just not as important to count as calories. Sodium won't stop you from losing weight in the long run, and drinking plenty of water will help stop it from bothering you in the short run.

If you love lean cuisines (which I do too! the paninis are wonderful), then it works for your diet!

smallification 09-27-2008 12:58 PM

The best thing about prepackaged food is that it's no effort.

When I am hungry and tired, I will eat anything. I'll order takeout or snack like crazy. I have sometimes snacked so much while preparing a meal that I am not hungry for it when it's done. (Of course I ate it anyway.)

Compared to that, a microwave dinner is an excellent choice. I buy Lean Cuisine or President's Choice "Blue Menu", which are even better.

ValRock 09-27-2008 01:29 PM

I'm a huge fan of prepackaged meals too!

I work during the day until 2 or 3 and when I get home I'm STARVING. If I can't whip up a healthy lunch in a hurry I'll start snacking and it'll be a disaster! It's much better to throw one of them in the micro while I tend to the baby and sit down and eat it while I nurse her :).

I also love the new steam in bag veggie singles! YUM

Ditto on the sodium though... I make sure I drink 2 big glasses of water everytime I have one to wash the salt out :).

ToutDeSuite 09-27-2008 08:30 PM

The mac n cheese, if you're craving it, hits the spot! Which pizza did you try, Kay?

oneupsteph 09-30-2008 10:36 PM

Sesame Chicken has got to be my favorite! Yummo! I had one today and later on I downed 50 oz of water. :)

i am still trying 09-30-2008 10:52 PM

I really like the chicken parmasian (sp?). It's yummy, has a little cheese, a little pasta, a little chicken. Hits the spot!

MissViolet777 10-01-2008 03:06 AM

I eat at least one of these per day. They really have helped me stay on program. And I'm glad to know that drinking plenty of water helps with the sodium issue. I seem to learn something new on this site everyday!