Old 09-11-2008, 12:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/265.8/125

Height: 5'0

Default Oatmeal Bars

Okay so I am in school full-time and work 32 hours a week too. I am a busy person and I have a 1 year old. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I am at school from 9am-3pm and I literally don't eat until about 5pm at night. I get up I get my daughter ready head out the door drop her off at the baby sitter and then run to my first class. I have only 10 min. between classes and then by the time I get out of school, get my daughter, and drop her off at my moms to watch until her dad picks her up while I head to work. I don't eat until almost 5pm. I can't keep doing this I feel like crap the entire day and I am sure it is putting a damper on my focus in class because I feel like I am starving which I know is not healthy. So Other people have told me to pack snacks to eat on my way to the next class. I want to know if this is really a healthy snack.

Oatmeal bars they stay on the box Smart Choice. They also are 90 calories bars and no trans or sat fat. they also have peanut butter and honey in them which I know is healthy is proportions. The bars have under 7grms of sugar per bar. Is this a bad morning on the go bar or is it good. It sounds like it would be healthy but I know sometimes foods can be very misleading.

I am only going to eat 1 a day in the morning along with possibly sliced watermelon, apples, oranges, bananas, and grapes stuff like that I am going to pack to snack on through out the day. Even possibly a turkey on wheat with mustard.

What do you guys think?
Kayhm0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

It's hard to say without seeing an ingredient list, but regardless, it's better then not eating anything!

Last edited by zenor77; 09-11-2008 at 03:55 AM.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:13 AM   #3  

I work-full time and go to school full time, that's crazy enough and I don't have a little one to add into the mix!

I eat different bars for the same reason. My current bar of choice are the slim-fast bars. They have 220 calories, but they have a decent amount of protien and they fill me up. I also add in the special k water, which has something like 5 grams of protein and are only 30 calories. When I'm crazy busy, I don't have time to get really hungry and this holds me over until I can eat something healthy.

I also drink the water whenever I go on a bike ride. I usually go about 10 miles one way (into 'town), which is about an hour and than eventually have to do the return trip. I like having the extra protein and the extra fluids!
cdiem4994 is offline   Reply With Quote