3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Finally dropping some inches (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/148658-finally-dropping-some-inches.html)

MalibuBeachBound 08-09-2008 10:08 AM

Finally dropping some inches

I was just excited about it...so here it goes. I noticed my boobs looked a little bigger. They are always the first thing to go when I lose weight, so it was odd to me. I measured my waist. In 4 weeks, I have gone from 165 to 159 and from a 33 inch waist to a 31 inch waist and I am SO excited! Do you guys just go by the scale, or do you measure yourself?

Apple Cheeks 08-09-2008 12:04 PM

For now I am relying on the scale (and to a lesser extent, the fit of my clothes).

If and when I get to that final plataeu where I know my body will be fighting hard to keep those last few pounds, then I will probably start looking at my measuring tape.

JulieJ08 08-09-2008 01:37 PM

Both - it's funny, but they don't always correlate. So on a week where I may have lost little or even none, the measurements may go down. And vice versa. I like having backup!

Horo 08-09-2008 04:19 PM

I weigh nearly every day and measure myself about twice a month. I went from being a 34 inch waist to a 27.75 inch waist right now, and I aspire to end up with something around 25 or 26. Unfortunately the tape measure also makes it glaringly obvious that I am indeed a pear shape, with a current bust measurement of 36 and a hip of 37.5. My bust and hip measurements used to be somewhere in the lower 40 inch range. ^_~

I usually find that it's a lot more rewarding to see inches lost rather than lbs on the scale, as it's those inches that actually mean something when you look in the mirror. :)

MalibuBeachBound 08-09-2008 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Layri (Post 2309016)
I weigh nearly every day and measure myself about twice a month. I went from being a 34 inch waist to a 27.75 inch waist right now, and I aspire to end up with something around 25 or 26. Unfortunately the tape measure also makes it glaringly obvious that I am indeed a pear shape, with a current bust measurement of 36 and a hip of 37.5. My bust and hip measurements used to be somewhere in the lower 40 inch range. ^_~

I usually find that it's a lot more rewarding to see inches lost rather than lbs on the scale, as it's those inches that actually mean something when you look in the mirror. :)

You have before and after shots? You are pretty much the weight at 5'7" that I hope to be and it seems we lose in the same areas too.

fiberlover 08-09-2008 07:31 PM

Measurements are very important to me. There are times when the scale stalls for several weeks, but I see inches lost. That keeps me going instead of getting frustrated.

cdiem4994 08-09-2008 10:17 PM

It's what i love most about going to Curves. I weigh myself there once a week and get measured and the whole bmi thing done once a month. I don't have a lot of confidence in the bmi measurement, but a tape measurer doesn't lie! I lost several inches in the first few months before dropping a single pound. It's the only thing that gave me hope.

And congrats! That's great!

Vladadog 08-10-2008 12:51 AM

I haven't been doing measurements but tonight I put on a pair of shorts that I haven't worn in at least 4 years. And the Levi's I put away this Spring are waaaaay too big. By the time Fall and jeans weather rolls around I'll be down 2 sizes. Yippeee!!!