Old 07-11-2008, 10:54 AM   #1  

Default Help me to plan my breakfast, please!

Hi you all,

I am new here and I am on diet for the first time in my life. I gained 15 pounds since I graduated from college and I decided to go back to what used to be my normal weight. However, It has been hard for me to plan my breakfasts, I am used to eggs, bacon, oj, coffees, bread, etc... Now I am eating a small bowl of cereal, but maybe anyone there could suggest other little dishes...
I am trying to consume 1,500 calories a day

thank you,
gebebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:02 AM   #2  
~*Dawn*~

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Yogurt (I eat strawberry cheesecake yogurt and its 100 calories)
Banana (I eat with yogurt 90 calories)

I always try to keep my breakfast around 200 calories so its usually something small and fruity lol
DMNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:04 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

You can still have eggs. Try 2 softboiled eggs and a bowl of oatmeal. Also, there's no reason why you can't have something like a couple of scrambled eggs with a measured amount of ham or cheese.

If your cereal is using up too many calories, maybe you need a different cereal.

Other ideas: Cottage cheese (2%) with 1 piece of whole grain toast and 1 teaspoon of butter. A breakfast shake with 1% milk, 1 egg (or protein powder if you prefer), 1/3 banana, some frozen strawberries.

If breakfast is important to you, there's no reason to make it really small...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 177/174/135

Height: 5'4

If you're a scrambled eggs fan try having one full egg and 2 egg whites all scrambled. Personally I'm obsessed with the slimfast dutch chocolate breakfast/lunch bars. . .only 140 calories but they keep me full until lunch and I get my chocolate fix for the day!! But I've also never been a big breakfast person so I actually have to force myself to eat in the morning. You can also try a little bit of turkey bacon
lunabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 138/127/120

Egg beaters! They are the best thing in my life! They are just the egg whites I believe, and they come in batter form. THey are found right next to the eggs in the grocery store. They're only 30 calories a serving! I have 2 servings, and some Healthy life wheat toast, which is only 35 calories a slice. I have 2 slices of the bread, so total calories = 130
Zima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 267/252/150

Height: 5'10"

I am in a rush in the morning and trying to stop "focusing" so much on food and all it entails...so....I just make a protein shake (100 calories) and nuke a bowels of broccoli florets (50 cals.) and chase it with a daily multi vitamin!!! I leave the house at six am and this holds me just fine until about nine am when I grab a quick cheese stick or a few apple slices to hold me til lunch time at noon.
(Note: I used to eat a bowel of fiber one raisin bran or almond cluster cereal every morning with fat free milk and it always let me starving by mid morning and I could not lose anything! The carbs in cereal are astronomical!)
But what do I know! Good Luck!
tiredofbeingafatmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:29 AM   #7  
Ann Marie

S/C/G: 263 (Feb of '06)/236/170

Height: 5' 5"

I use either a half cup of eggbeaters (southwestern is my favorite) or 1 whole egg plus two eggs and make an omletter with either low fat feta cheese with chopped green peppers and onions and one or two slices of canadian bacon or I use one-quarter cup of salsa with one or two slices of canadian bacon and I have to have toast with my eggs so I have one slice of whole wheat with Smart Balance spread but I have recently discovered Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is abosolutely delicious on toast.

Ann Marie
brn2bthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:32 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 137/132/122

Height: 5' 3"

I do better with a bigger breakfast and allow more calories for that than I have at dinner.

You can season ground turkey for breakfast "sausage".

20 ounces ground turkey
1 tablespoon ground sage
2 teaspoons onion powder
3/4 teaspoons red pepper flakes

I divide it into 2-oz patties and freeze them. You don't have to thaw the patties before cooking. Each patty has about 78 calories, with 4 grams fat, 11 grams protein. The calories and fat would be less with ground turkey breast.
CatR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:48 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/177/135

I make something I saw on a healthy eating tv show, a MOCK Egg McMuffin. Get low cal, whole wheat english muffins, low fat ham, 2% american cheese, then put 1 full egg and 1 egg white in small bowl sprayed with pam or oil and cook eggs for 1 min in the microwave. Put it together and it is 285 calories and 8 grams of fat and equal portion of protein and carbs. The perfect breakfast food. And I usually make them the night before and have them ready for the morning. I cant eat a regular MickeyD's egg mcmuffin now because they are so greasy compared to my wonderful healthy breakfast.
Fluffybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Hi, I have to leave my house at 6 am. I make my breakfast the night before.

I usually will have one egg and one egg white with lots of veggies.
(spinach, mushrooms, onion, broc, tomatoes) Sometime I'll put in a piece of chicken sausage and change up the veggies. I try to make breakfast a pretty big meal so I'll eat less the rest of the day. I put salt free seasoning called Parsley patch and don't even need cheese. It's so good.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:22 PM   #11  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I love a big breakfast! A little bowl of cereal just won't cut it for me.

You could have some oatmeal or oat bran with turkey sausage/bacon and a piece of fruit.

Or,
try the protein pancake recipe:
1/3 cup oats
1/3 cup lowfat cottage cheese
1 egg or 1/4 cup egg beaters
dash cinnamon and vanilla
sweetener (if desired)
Blend in a blend and cook like pancakes. These are super filling and quick.

Get some Western Bagels and make egg bagel sandwiches with them. Portable and also yummy!

Last edited by fiberlover; 07-11-2008 at 12:24 PM.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:35 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

Cereal ALWAYS leaves me hungry by mid morning!!! I like the kashi go lean blueberrie toaster waffles. I have two of those, no butter or syrup....I eat them like toast. For protien I have 2 ounces of turkey or chicken breat, or turkey bacon, or veggie sausage and 8 oz of soy milk.

For mornings when I am in a super hurry I keep Kashi TLC Honey Almond Flax bars on hand I have one of those and a piece of low fat string cheese and soy milk. I can eat the bar and cheese ont he road if I have to.

On weekends I take a bit more time. I also tend to sleep in so some days I have "brunch". I make an omlet with 1 whole egg and 1 or 2 egg whites, 1 ounce of grilled chicken or turkey breast, chopped spinach, mushrooms, onion and a little fat free feta cheese and a low cal whole wheat english muffin with a glass od soy milk.

I try to get some carbs and lots of protien in the morning.
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote