3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Anti-trigger foods (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/135062-anti-trigger-foods.html)

coldbrightday 02-21-2008 05:24 PM

Anti-trigger foods

I was just looking at the trigger foods thread and it got me thinking about foods that do just the opposite -- that are satisfying in a way that I can eat a small portion and feel great and not want anything else.

-Dark chocolate (best if it's REALLY dark) totally does that for me. I'll have a little square after dinner most nights and it really makes me feel like my meal is complete. I don't generally have evening snacks that way.

-Fresh raw veggies are pretty great too. For some reason carrots make me feel the best.

-Ooh, and tea. Something about the tannic flavor, I think. Makes me want to not ruin it by eating other foods.

What about you??

Glory87 02-21-2008 05:35 PM

Sour pickles :)

azmom 02-21-2008 05:39 PM

A good, high protein balanced meal. If I can eat a good meal than I am less tempted to snack away all night. Has to have plenty of protein though.

An example for me would be: tilapia w/ quinoa topped w/ pepper & onions
or a chicken breast w/ sweet potato "fries w/ a salad or
ground turkey on mexican brown rice topped with cabbage and salsa

If I just eat a bowl of cereal or oatmeal (trying to eat "lite") than I never feel satisfied all evening!

Rhighlan86 02-21-2008 06:02 PM

~Surprisingly ice cream. It makes my throat coated and makes me cough.
~Dark chocolate, I love it and its the only way I really eat chocolate.
~Cottage cheese
~Carrots, when I eat them I think I just ate really healthy do I really wanna eat crappy now?
~Salads
~Lipton's Diet Green Tea
~Cupcakes, the top off of one with some icing is good enough for me, a little sweet and I'm happy

Den@ 02-21-2008 07:16 PM

When I need something to curb my appetite... especially around 4 pm, I sometimes drink Propel, a vitamin enhanced water beverage... a product of Gatorade. It fills me up, makes me feel satisfied and even has electrolites. I showed the bottle to my doctor and asked if it was good for me to drink. He thought it was a great source of vitamins and electrolites. Oh by the way, it only has 20-30 cals depending on the size of the bottle. It comes in different flavors and has no aspertaime.

FB 02-21-2008 08:07 PM

Mine are so similar... I wonder if the trend will continue as others post? Maybe the anti trigger foods are universal!

Tea. For iced tea I like to brew a bag of chai and regular together.
Raw veggies. Particularly spinach, carrots and cauliflower.
Protein like chicken, tuna or turkey.
Pickles! I keep a huge jar of them around.

As for dark chocolate I could see how that would be ultra-satisfying!

Horo 02-21-2008 09:43 PM

Mine seem to have been already mentioned, which makes me wonder if there's possibly an explainable reason why these are 'anti-trigger foods' for some people...
~ Green tea, the diet iced sort.
~ Dark chocolate. Just a taste of it is very mentally satisfying to me.
~ Carrots.
~ Chicken breast halves.

zenor77 02-21-2008 10:02 PM

~Tofu
~Super dark chocolate
~Veggies
~Small handful of nuts
~Peanut butter
~Tea

CountingDown 02-21-2008 10:56 PM

Sounding pretty familiar here:
GOOD dark chocolate
low-fat string cheese
Wasa cracker with Light Laughing Cow Cheese
Hot tea
10-12 cashews
baby organic carrots
cup of oatmeal

jamsk8r 02-21-2008 11:49 PM

Dark chocolate for me, too. I like the sugar free Dove chocolates, because they say on the package (something to the effect of): "excess consumption may have a laxative effect" So, they're self limiting, lol! I just have one or two a week, to cure a temporary craving for sweets.

Water is another one. I really hated plain water before I got serious about losing this weight, but found that if I keep a couple of bottles in the fridge, I like it cold. When I'm feeling hungry, but know I shouldn't be, I'll just drink some water, and that helps me move past it.

One thing I didn't expect, since I've been making healthy food choices, I'm starting to taste the sugar in foods/drinks like never before, and things that I used to drink or eat are starting to taste bad...I never thought I'd be one to say anything was "too sweet"!

Cheryl

tofulover 02-22-2008 10:34 AM

oatmeal! it's turned into a new comfort food for me. i love the creaminess, and i've found that hot foods do a better job of filling me up.

Spiritmagejkt 02-22-2008 10:40 AM

Hot peppers, especially ground Cayenne.

RaluCat 02-22-2008 07:34 PM

~ water - during the last 2 weeks I made a "rule" about drinking a FULL GLASS whenever I drink water; and I use a 14 oz one :); try fitting anything in after that!
~ having my protein first - even if I have less than 3 oz of grilled chicken/turkey, or ricotta, I feel ok and don't feel like continuing my meal
~ asparagus - I LOVE it broiled, and half a bunch (about 40 cal!!!) does it for me many evenings
~ any tea - i like drinking it cold and lots of it