3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Movie with daughter tonight: (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/133512-movie-daughter-tonight.html)

plslade 02-04-2008 01:24 PM

Movie with daughter tonight:

I can do it, I can do it...

I'm taking my 5 year old daughter to the Hannah Montana movie tonight after school and I've packed some almonds (160 calories) and some cut up veggies (34 calories) for my snack. I'll get her the kids-pack that has a kids size popcorn, drink and fruit snacks and I'll get myself a diet coke... NO POPCORN FOR ME!

:dizzy: aybe if I tell myself that over and over...

lovinlifex2 02-04-2008 01:44 PM

I took my son & daughter on Sat and it was crazy - get there early.

The 3-D effects were really neat...my kids absolutely loved it.

Sounds like you have a great plan and enjoy the show!

lorilove 02-04-2008 02:04 PM

Best of luck

Movie popcorn is one of the very few things I had to eliminate completely for now - I have no portion controlon this one!

I have managed 3 movies this past year with just a Diet Coke. It can be done!

Lori

plslade 02-04-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorilove (Post 2037019)
Best of luck

Movie popcorn is one of the very few things I had to eliminate completely for now - I have no portion controlon this one!

I have managed 3 movies this past year with just a Diet Coke. It can be done!

Lori

That's the very reason I'm not even going to try it - portion control! I WILL eat the whole bag... no matter how big (or small) it may be. ;)

MrsEnigma 02-04-2008 04:12 PM

I always take good snacks for me and the kids and hubby to the movies. They haven't said anything to us yet. Of course, it's good when one of your 'kids' is the manager. LOL

MrsE

cbmare 02-04-2008 04:21 PM

I don't take anything with me. I won't pay their prices for food either. I just make sure that I've eaten before I go.

Good luck. You can do it.

Scenestealer 02-04-2008 04:22 PM

I always bring cut veggies in a baggie. I hide them in my purse, but if anyone ever stopped me, I'd say I'm on a special diet and can't eat the stuff they sell. I have yet to come across a movie theater that sells veggies, so I don't see how they could get mad that I'm bringing in outside food!

plslade 02-04-2008 10:22 PM

I was victorious over the popcorn! I bought myself a diet coke and ate my veggies & nuts and enjoyed the movie. I ate 2 pieces of my daughter's popcorn, but that's it! Ahhhhh... I feel so good that I DID IT!!!!!

but she fell asleep half way through the movie (that cost us $15 per ticket)...:dizzy:

baffled111 02-04-2008 10:42 PM

Congrats! An excellent display of self-discipline!

perclady 02-04-2008 11:09 PM

I always take my own food into the theatre and have never been questioned. Just make sure its something they don't sell, and don't flaunt it. The movie theatre near me has the typical popcorn, candy, sodas, hotdogs, Pizza Hut, Burger King, KFC, NY Fries and Taco Bell. The Burger King doesn't even have a grilled chicken burger. If I'm ever questioned, I'll throw a hissy fit. When a med popcorn comes in at around 900 calories, theatres need to start selling food that is better for you. If they don't want me eating my dill rice chips or fruit and veggies, then they can refund my ticket and I'll go elsewhere.

zenor77 02-05-2008 12:56 AM

Congratulations on the will power! That's awesome!

I either eat before hand or bring food too. Movie theaters don't typically have the kind of thing I eat and their prices are outrageous! I think I actually paid $4 for a bottle of water once. YIKES!

lorilove 02-05-2008 08:13 AM

Excellent - great job on the self control!

Lori

GrammyL 02-05-2008 09:17 AM

That is fantastic!

I have brought my own little bag and hid it in my purse. I have to agree, why can't they make healthy snacks. I think they might be surprised at how many they would sell. I think it would be cheap for them to make air popped popcorn.

Switzie6 02-05-2008 11:28 AM

I worked at a movie theater for 8 years and I brought food in to movies then and I still do.
As for why there isn't healthier things...I know that we tried to sell air popped popcorn once and it didn't sell well at all. It just wasn't worth it to sell. My favorite though was the people who would buy the air popped and add tons of butter flavoring to it. That defeats the whole purpose. Isn't it funny how I still call it butter flavoring and not butter and I haven't worked there in 5 years. It is ingrained in my brain! "You have to ask if they want butter flavoring because it's not real butter so it would be lying to call it butter".
Bring your own snacks! They should let you bring anything in as long as it's not a glass bottle or alcoholic.

irishfairy 02-05-2008 11:54 AM

I am going to the movies tonight for the first time in over a year (first time having my son babysat too :o) We are going to see cloverfield, I have a love of peanut m&m's and reeces pieces but I am NOT going to eat any of it I am bringing a bottle of water in my purse and thats it! I am really excited but nervous about leving my son :o