Old 02-02-2008, 06:08 PM   #1  

Default Diet Coke Cake

Hi

Can anyone tell me how many calories approx is in this Diet Coke Cake Ive been hearing about (Choc cake mix plus diet coke). on checking a few cake mix packs comparing calories on the dry mix to the finished product, there dosent seem to be much difference at all and all pretty high in calories per serve so is it all too good to be true
Also where could I find recipes for low calorie (100 or less) cakes and biscuits etc....yes I have a very sweet tooth

Thanx
elkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 06:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

There are zero calories in the coke, so whatever calories are in the cake mix, are the calories in the finished product. When you read the nutritional information on the side of the caxe mix box, you will generally see two columns one for the prepared cake and one for the mix alone divided by the number of servings the box says the cake makes (usually 12). So, if the box says 1/12 of the cake mix is 170 calories, and you cut the cake into 12 equal pieces, the calories will be 170 calories for each piece. If the box says there are 10 servings, and 1/10 of the mix is 210 calories, then if you cut the cake into 10 pieces, each piece will have 210 calories.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 06:16 PM   #3  
Jig, Don't Jog

S/C/G: 185.2/154.6/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi There!

What I do is buy the betty crocker cakes (regular chocolate or white cake mixes) and equate for ONLY the mix calories-- then I do mini cupcakes (it is usually about 50-150 calories depending on the size of your cupcakes and whether you put on a small amount of frosting).

Oh-- and something I did for my boyfriend's birthday (he hates chocolate cake...) was a white cake mix, and I used diet hansen's kiwi-strawberry soda. It gave it a really tasty undertone of fruit!

And you'd want to use diet sprite or diet gingerale if you use a light colored cake

If you're looking for a really tasty chocolate treat-- I LOVE No Pudge Fudge-- It's about 100 calories for a serving, and you can do single servings (so you don't have the whole pan of brownies staring you down ) You do like 2 tbsps of mix and 1 tbsp of fat free vanilla or plain yogurt, then microwave it for a minute-- it's a fantastic little sweet treat

Hope this helps!
~Kat

GOAL:
185.2/172.6/135(ish)
Mini GOAL:
185.2/172.6/166.6
10% by St. Patrick's Day! I want to fit into my Dress!! Aiee!!!
weegreenlassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:30 AM   #4  
Go Blue Team!!

S/C/G: 286/159/150

I posted a message in section for Announcements and Forum questions asking about getting a recipes section for the Calories Counters forum. I haven't gotten a response yet, but maybe if enough people respond to the post saying "yes, please!" we can build a section for low-calorie recipes similar to the sections in the Weight Watchers and South Beach sections of this site!
scgirl32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:43 PM   #5  
Ticker-free

S/C/G: 216/204.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Great idea. I'm dying for a single serving recipe of something similar to brownies. I'd kill for a brownie about now!
perclady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:13 AM   #6  
Go Blue Team!!

Perclady --- I made brownies with a box of Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix and a can of pumpkin (not pumpkin puree, plain pumpkin). Mix them together and bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees. Then, I cut it into 24 squares and freeze them individually (actually, I usually give half to a friend, meaning that I've got 12 squares). I wrap each one in wax paper and then wrap in aluminum foil. Pop it in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds, and VOILA, a super chewy brownie that is about 100 calories.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 167/159/140

Height: 5'11"

ok, I must have the recipe for the chocolate diet coke cake. How do you do it, just add the can of coke to the dry mix and bake? No other ingredients? how does it work? Seriously...
plslade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

We don't have a calorie counter recipe section at the current time, and honestly, I don't think that it is really necessary.

The reason why I don't believe it is necessary, is because on the main portion of the website (not the forum) there is a recipe section there already-and many of the recipes are already lower calorie-and have either lower fat ingredients, or healthier ingredients. Another reason, is because if you go through the forums, Weight Watchers, LA Weight Loss, and other sections have recipe sections.

The thing is, many of the structured weight loss programs such as Weight Watchers, are BASED on a calorie controlled diet. A recipe that you would see in the Weight Watchers or LA Weight loss section will work for calorie counters as well. This cake recipe, for instance, is all over the WW section.

To have many of the same recipes repeated over and over on different areas of the site, to me, is to much repetition. I often browse through the other areas and get recipes from them.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 281/231/181

plslade...

Yes, just add the diet soda to the dry cake mix, mix, and bake per directions. I haven't made this, but I have had it without knowing first. It was really good and I couldn't taste the difference - really.

I'm going to make my son's birthday cake next week this way. He wants a vanilla cake, so I'll be mixing in Diet Sprite. The frosting will be fat free Cool Whip mixed with a packet of low fat pudding mix. I haven't decided which flavor of pudding yet. I've heard the cheesecake one is good, but I'm not sure how that would taste with vanilla cake.

MrsE
MrsEnigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:10 PM   #10  
Go Blue Team!!

Extra tasty is to make the yellow cake with diet sprite or Sierra Mist or something. Then, just after it had set, prick the top of the cake with a toothpick. Pour over it a mixed batch of some flavored Jello gelatin (SF strawberry is really good) -- mixed but not given time to set. It will seep into the cake and make it extra yummy. Then, I like to frost the cake with FF Cool Whip. I've learned that if you use slightly frozen Cool Whip, it spreads better and is more "frosting-like." I usually put the Cool Whip in the freezer when I'm starting to mix the cake batter.

Last edited by scgirl32; 02-04-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:13 PM   #11  
Ticker-free

S/C/G: 216/204.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks scgirl32. I'll give it a try. My Mom has a ton of pumkin in the freezer that my Dad is begging me to take as he's sick of moving it around.
perclady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:57 PM   #12  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 195/185/140

This sounds so yummy! I can't wait to try it
daizylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:28 AM   #13  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Yeah, I want to try this too!
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 02:18 PM   #14  

Im geting ready to make the cake now. My daughter inlaw makes it and uses a diet sunkiss with a white cake mix. Then she uses coolwhip to make the frosting and adds the pack of sugarfree pudding. She calls it a diet dreamsicle cake. I am so excited about it. Ill let yall know what i think when its done.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:38 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 155/135

I made cupcakes this weekend. Yum - and low cals!!
Just Deb is offline   Reply With Quote