3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   New Years resolutions... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/129386-new-years-resolutions.html)

NurseChef 12-24-2007 12:29 PM

New Years resolutions...

I'm starting this a bit early but here goes...

I'd love to get rid of these 80 lbs. by early 2009!
I need to get to the gym and exercise, maybe get back to step class.
Note my starting weight on Jan. 1st and from then on weigh in every month. Just get away from the scale obsession. Compare those numbers every month and keep going!
Be proud of every weigh in that's less than the previous one!

Last but not least, not regain this weight ever again! If I goof up, get back on track!

Scenestealer 12-26-2007 08:16 AM

This year, my New Year's resolutions are going to be more of goals to fulfill within the year rather than things to worry about everyday. However, I'm declaring 2008 "The Year Of Fitness" for me :) Most of my goals stem from that:
1. Complete a half-marathon. Ideally some kind of great race, but if worst comes to worst, I will run a few loops around Central Park by myself next December 31 to finish by year-end!
2. Get certified as a personal trainer/nutritionist. I've been looking into this for some time, and there are several different reputable organizations that offer certifications. Not sure yet which I'm going to choose, but some are a combination of personal trainer/nutritionist so ideally I'd like to do that rather than an either/or.

I'm sure more goals will come but those are pretty big ones for me right now!

NurseChef 12-26-2007 11:07 AM

I hear ya on the fitness end! I used to be a runner. I just stopped when I went to college and nursing school and that made a fat person out of very physically fit person who never thought she had a weight problem. Next Monday I'll start a diet never came. Sure I had "A's" in school but "F's" in being 'fit". Terrible things happen when you don't take care of YOU.

boundndetermined 12-26-2007 11:35 AM

With six days until a new year, i want to make some kind of a dent ( even a small one ) in my weight loss. 2-3 pounds is attainable if i stick with it.

kimmieone 12-26-2007 09:04 PM

To drop another 50 pounds then throw a party celebrating my 100 pound total drop! I shed the first 50 in 18 weeks, and now I have 52 week to reach my goal. Of course I hope to reach it way before but by December 31, 2008 I want to be done losing and working on keeping it off.

sportmom 12-26-2007 10:30 PM

To finish the program I started so well on in 06/07.

BellaLucia 12-27-2007 11:04 AM

To drop 174lbs and find work.

Lyria 12-27-2007 07:15 PM

Hmmm...

Drop the last few stubborn pounds - down to 59-60kgs (130-132 pounds) and/or get my BF% to 17-18%

Better this years time in the City2Surf - ideally run under 70 minutes

Improve on ME - see a counsellor, go back to drawing and meditating...take the time to realise when I am being a psycho and stop it.

CoolMom75 12-27-2007 09:44 PM

I just want to stick with my TOPS support group for the year. I'd like to meet goal weight at some point. its going to be an every day battle, as usual.

dietcokehead 12-30-2007 08:36 PM

I'd like to lose 50lbs and go back to school. I would also like to write a book.

bargoo 12-30-2007 08:41 PM

I resolve to maintain my weight loss.

vixjean 12-30-2007 10:37 PM

PLAN PLAN PLAN
loose 5 lbs a month, and counting my calories to do that (estimate 1450ish a day)
Work out 3 x a week
JOIN A STEP CLASS BABY! Great Idea!
Cook dinners at home
eat salads once a day
shop for healthy foods on Sundays

5 lbs a month I will be overweight by my bday on JUNE 1st
and hit goal on October first!

dawnsky 12-31-2007 05:53 AM

To lose 57 pounds and be down to 170. If I can actually make it to 170 I may wanna try to go a little less. I want to start eating healthy and exercising!

Switzie6 01-02-2008 11:26 AM

To keep going on my weight loss journey. Would love to hit my goal weight by the end of the year. I know what I need to do to lose weight I just have to keep myself on track and not let one bad food day lead to more. Happy New Year to everyone and good luck on your goals! Lets make 2008 a year for our health!

jenjen 01-02-2008 09:56 PM

My goals:

To work out at least 3 days/wk consistently
To only drink alcohol twice/month (and then limit it!)
To only weigh myself weekly
To keep an accurate food journal
To not beat myself up if I slip, but to get right back on plan