Old 11-06-2007, 10:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/See Ticker/152

Height: 5'8"

Default OMG!! I had 2525 calories yesterday!!!

OK, so first, let me apologize to Christina7806 for saying I thought 1900 calories was too much. I thought that I don't even eat 1900 calories on a regular day. So it blows my mind yesterday when I tally up my FitDay count and I have had 2525 calories, and that is trying to cut back on what I eat. OMG!!! How am I going to do this?? I have had 410 calories for breakfast today, I dunno if that is good or bad. Does anyone have any good ides for a low-cal, but filling breakfast?
Steen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:53 AM   #2  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

What are your calories from for breakfast? I hit that every day because I have a cup of high fiber cereal, a half cup of either Kashi Go Lean Crunch or Raisin Bran, a banana and 3/4 - 1 cup of 1% milk. I know, it's a lot of carbs but it is also a lot of fiber.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/See Ticker/152

Height: 5'8"

I just had oatmeal with some raisins and a glass of milk. It wasn't very filling, but the one slice of flax toast and peanut butter I had yesterday didn't really fill me either.
Steen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:57 AM   #4  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Default it's not hard to do!

Trust me, I've been watching my calories forever and it's NOT hard at all to completely go over your goal any given day, so don't feel bad. Sometimes small things that you don't even realize add up quickly. I look at my tally sometimes and I can't believe how many calories I've consumed even before I get to dinner! I always end up exercising extra to compensate, but sometimes I can't. It's not the end of the world to have a bad day once in awhile. I typically have Carnation Instant Breakfast every morning with fat free milk. Once in awhile I'll make an egg white omelette with spinach or some other veggie and some lowfat cheese. It's also good on a whole wheat english muffin.
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Egg whites for breakfast!!! I allot about 300 calories for breakfast and usually take them in egg form (although sometimes I'll have kashi and yogurt instead.) If you saute up a bunch of veggies in the evening or at the beginning of the week, it's pretty easy to throw an omelet together before heading off to work. On days I work out or run, I usually have a piece of whole wheat toast or a whole wheat english muffin as well. Seasoned black beans (prepped in advance and frozen in individual portions) also make a great addition to egg whites. They're highish in calories (90 cals for 1/2 cup) but they're filling and packed with nutrients.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:32 PM   #6  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

one thing to remeber is we all eat differently. I can manage on 170 for brekfast, a small bown of cereal with no fat milk. then i have about 3-400 for lunch, some arrangement of cereal bars, and fruit. Then i suppliment this with tea, no fat milk and low cal sugar then for dinner i have a big meal, like 600cals, leaving me with about 130-230 for a dessert if i fancy one, which usually consists of yogart and fruit or an ice lolly of some form.
I could not cope on this diet if it was not for water, drinks and tea. It does fill you up.
Maybe considering drinking alot more, what we often mistake for hunger is infact thirst. Also one huge motivation for me, when i feel like i cant live on little food, is knowing how many people in the world manage on less then 1000 cals a day, so to live on 1400 is way more then enough.
anyway, look at your day, where u need the most cals, and distribute them as nesacery, you may be able to cope on a lower main meal or a lower lunch with a bigger brekfast. Anyway good luck :-)
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:33 PM   #7  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

oh yes, veg is the best way to bulk out ANY meal, i think my mina meal is about 2/3 veg, the other third is protein and carbs.....
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:17 PM   #8  

I like to eat a non traditional breakfast of some type of lean meat like chicken breast or white fish fillet and vegetables on most days. But I have to say that a bowl of oatmeal with raisins and a glass of milk would keep me full for awhile. I try to keep breakfast under 250 calories.
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:53 AM   #9  

Height: 1.67m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steen View Post
I just had oatmeal with some raisins and a glass of milk. It wasn't very filling, but the one slice of flax toast and peanut butter I had yesterday didn't really fill me either.
Oatmeal (made with water, not milk) is very healthy, so imo its a good choice. You might want to concider substituting the raisins for some fresh fruit or berries instead - fills you up more with less calories. Just like someone else was saying - veg (and fruit) are great for adding bulk to your food to fill you up.
timkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:00 AM   #10  

im not much into traditional breakfast foods.. so like this am i had a slice of whole wheat bread, a deli slice of chicken breast, a medium tomatoe, and about .5 cup of cucumber .. oh, also 1tsp of lowfat mayo.. according to fitday it was 170 cals and i was full.. and it has been three hours and still feel okay.. i find if i have some protien in the am i dont get as hungry
flabtofab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:04 AM   #11  
Observer of Phenomena

Height: 5' 4"

I'm a PB junkie, so most of my hi protein breakfasts include it somehow. For example, I'll add 1/2 tbsp PB and 2 tbsp 1% cottage cheese to my oatmeal. If you add those and substitute fresh or frozen berries for the raisins, you'll get a lot of fiber and protein for about 250 cals.

Similarly: 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese, 1/2 tbsp PB, 1/2 cup Kashi GoLean, 1/2 cup berries = about 235 cals.

Like the others said, you probably want to play around with how you distribute calories throughout the day and tweak it as you see what works. It might even vary day to day depending on your schedule: workouts, social plans, travel, etc. all contribute. Eventually you'll figure out how to manage each situation and plan accordingly.

BTW: I could eat 2500 with my hands tied behind my back if I didn't count! But having said that, I've learned to make 1500 very satisfying.
3Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:07 PM   #12  
Determined this Time!

S/C/G: 264/236/150

Height: 5'08"

Here's my two cents...

I find that the very best way to keep my breakfast calories in check - and my hunger for the entire day - is to ALWAYS start the day with protein and fruit. It works best for me if I don't eat ANY refined carbs or cereal until after lunch - even the healthy good stuff with fiber gets me going on a carb rush that can be defeating. I usually have an egg and a banana for breakfast, or peanut butter on an apple, sometime a fat free yogurt mid morning Then I'll have a serving of Diet V8 Splash(low calories) with Benefiber and extra water in it that I work on drinking all morning that keeps me from feeling hungry.

Whatever works for you is good - the key is knowing exactly what you are eating so you don't get to the end of the day with no calories left.
skipper is offline   Reply With Quote