Help for my Baked Potato

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I like to use a little bit of low fat tzatziki
  • Thanks for the great suggestions! This website is great.
  • Baked Potato
    I cooked one single slice of bacon with onions and green peppers. After the potato is baked, cut it open, break it up, and add a teaspoon or two of water to it before mashing it. The water adds moisture (which is what butter and sour cream do). Then top it with the bacon, onion, and green peppers.

If you don't want to use the bacon even just adding sautéed peppers and onions makes it good. Of course, I think onions makes anything better.
  • I love them to... how about

Bacon bits & low fat sour cream (low fat cheese too)
    Turkey or Vegetarian Chili w/ LF sour cream
    Hummus (any flavor you like)
    Your favorite light Soup...yes soup...drizzeled on top

Now I want a potato LOL
  • I have to second what LLV said about adding cottage cheese and butter spray. It tastes surprisingly good to me. I put that plus some fresh ground pepper and salt and I'm good to go.
  • Oooooooooooooooo, I love baked potatoes!!!!

I always de-skin them and kinda mash it up a little and I'll put ham, cheese and lite dressing on it. Sometimes I'll baked a chicken breast and use that instead of diced ham!!

Sometimes I'll even add a little tomato!

I love baked potatoes, they have saved me many a day from eating something I don't need to!
  • Have you ever tried squeezing fresh lemon on them with some pepper. I know it sounds odd but it is very good if you like lemons. I like potatoes enough that I usually eat them plan.

For smashed/mashed potatoes I like to use low sodium chicken stock with chives.

A way to flavor the skin is to wet the potato and sprinkle Mrs. Dash on them before your wrap them up. Could even use lemon juice to help the Mrs. Dash to stick.