3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   What's for dinner? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/119897-whats-dinner.html)

Ohhkay8 08-07-2007 01:56 PM

What's for dinner?

I saw a couple of posts in the monthly chat, but I thought we could start a separate thread and post what we are planning for dinner each night. A good place to get ideas! :D

I think I'm going to have tuna, but I don't know what to have with it (what tastes good with tuna?!).

So post away! What's for dinner? :)

srmb60 08-07-2007 02:10 PM

My supper is packed for work. Leafy greens, cucumber, black beans, onion with ff cottage cheese for dressing. One slice of grainy bread with ff ham. And diet coke ;)

TxBrittany 08-07-2007 02:37 PM

Well I already posted in the other thread that I'm having stir fry for dinner tonight...can't wait!

When I have tuna, I usually mix in a little reduced fat mayo, onion, celery, and salt and pepper and have it on one slice of whole wheat toast. Then I'll have baby carrots or sliced bell pepper and some fruit on the side.

baffled111 08-07-2007 02:39 PM

We're going away tomorrow so we need to clean out the fridge. To this end, we'll be roasting or sauteing all the veggies we have and eating them with some fish and half an ear of corn. I have a couple of very small local purple potatoes that I think I'll roast with the veggies. It's a ho hum dinner, but it'll do.

Kayla, what kind of tuna do you have? If it's nice tuna, like ahi, I'd make a nicoise salad. If you go easy on the olives, it can be a delicious and low-cal dinner.

feelingroovy 08-07-2007 02:41 PM

I have to make meatloaf for the kids. I'll be stuck eating frozen veggies and ???

cablgurl 08-07-2007 02:59 PM

Grilled chicken breast with steamed broccoli and cauliflower

aphil 08-07-2007 04:23 PM

Barilla Plus pasta (higher protein, whole grain, omegas, etc.) and tomato sauce...garlic bread for everyone else...but I'll have some veggies or salad on the side instead.

jillybean720 08-07-2007 04:27 PM

Well, we're packing and moving, so the kitchen is in a bit of disarray, and some things are here in our apartment while others have been moved to the house, and there's more packing and moving to be done tonight, so dinner tonight for me will likely be a baked potato and chili from Wendy's :dizzy:

HeatherAngel 08-07-2007 04:30 PM

Baked stuffed sole (yum) and a big green salad with Calorie-wise Caesar dressing. :D

JazzyNurse 08-07-2007 05:15 PM

Grilled chicken with lavender and sea salt with whole wheat pasta and pine nuts mixed in. A big spinach salad and steamed asparagus. I eat asparagus every single night!

mariposita 08-07-2007 05:38 PM

Chicken breast marinated with soy and pineapple juice, then grilled.
With lots and lots of green bean/zucchini/yellow squash/onion/tomato casserole. :carrot:

lavidasofa 08-07-2007 05:40 PM

A lentil stew I made with kale, onions, peppers, tomatoes and celery. I'll be having that with brown rice.

Brightside 08-07-2007 05:50 PM

Jazzynurse- I want to eat dinner at your house! I LOVE asparagus!

Tonight we're having chicken shish kebobs on the grill. Easy: Cut boneless/skinless breasts into one inch chunks, marinate in salad dressing (Newman's Own lite balsamic vinegrette is my current fav). On skewers I alternate chicken, pineapple, chicken, peaches (if I can't find decent fresh fruit I use canned pineapple/peaches in juice concentrate). BBQ 5 minutes on each side, serve w/ brown rice & tonight it's a salad of romaine, carrots, onion & tomatoes. Even the kids love it!

BabyBrownEyes 08-07-2007 06:41 PM

MMMM...here is what I had for dinner!!

6 oz. filet of Wild Caught Salmon (Grilled Garlic Lemon Herb)
1 HUGE salad filled with cucumbers, toms, onions, peppers
Fresh Brussel Sprouts
1 cup Jasmati rice with peas, garlic & Tumeric

Yeah..I DEFINITLY got my protein AND veggies in just my dinner!! :lol:

rockinrobin 08-07-2007 06:44 PM

I LOVE asparagus too!!! I COULD eat it every night, but it's been real expensive the past few weeks. This past week it was $4.99 for an itty bitty bunch.

Tonight's dinner:

3 oz. fresh salmon, baked with loads of fresh garlic and lemon juice, a bit of salt and pepper.

Served with tons of sauteed fresh spinach and mushrooms.