Old 06-01-2007, 10:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Default Calorie Counters Chat~June 2007

OH GOODIE. I get to start the June chat thread. I have never gotten to do this yet either. I thought I would post what I posted in the May chat room.

GOOOOD MORNING!

Zoe ~ Very good choices for your 300 calories! I know this may be hard but what do the black bean burgers taste like? I am just always cautious when I am trying new things but those sound good. I have a very sensitive, sluggish system myself so I know how you feel. I see you added hot sauce to your sandwich, I love hot sauce but not to hot because it doesnít agree with me.

Apricots, I will have to try them. They are really low in calories but I have noticed a lot of fruit is low and high in fiber so its filling.

Charlene ~ You donít have to mention your calories and statistics for the day if you donít want to. Everything here is optional and up to the individual.

Zenor ~ I like putting laughing cow cheese or peanut butter on celery. It also adds a lot of flavor to salads and soups. I have never heard of the crop shares before, interesting. I will have to see if they have them in my area.

Natalia ~ WTG on the loss and controlling your stress eating.

Lucís Mom ~ I hear you on the kids come first, mine still do and they are 20, 16 and of course DGS 17 months. Oh and the biggest kid, DH who is 38, HAHAHAHA! I have actually started to do more for myself in recent months. I think it is shocking everyone including DH. He giggled the other day and said I see you have a spending problem. I said yes I do but it was on sale. He said everything you buy is on sale. I said I know but there is a lot of sales. We both laughed. We actually have money to spend for the first time in our lives so its not that I am charging but I should be saving. I need to break down and take ODD to get some maternity cloths because her pants were to small before she got pg and now she canít do them up at all and she is only 1 month along.

Menu for today:

Breakfast: Ĺ c. fresh strawberries, ľ c. Fiber One and 1 Tbsp. Cool Whip and a Chik Patty with Hot Sauce.

Snack: 3 Laughing Cow and 2 Light Wasa, Ĺ c. Strawberries

Lunch: Healthy Choice Chicken Marinara, Tomatoes with ľ FF Cheese and 1 Tbsp. Newmans Tomato/Basil Dressing

Snack: 1 bag 100 cal. kettle corn, 1 Cheese Stick

Dinner: 3 oz lean steak, ľ c. couscous, cauliflower, 2 sugar free Jell-o cups w/2 Tbsp. Cool Whip

Snack: 1 bag 100 cal. popcorn

Calories: Right around 1382

I did great yesterday until DD wanted Chinese. Now I did fine on the calories but within 5 minutes of starting the meal my feet blew up like balloons. Calories for the day: 1520

I discovered I can no longer wing it when it comes to my menus and the day needs to be planned in advance. I also need to stop letting DD talk me into changing that menu. She likes to eat out a lot and we all know what that can do. I think if she wants to eat out it will have to be a grab and go and that way I can go home and eat and stick to my plan. Or I can bring my meal along and eat at the park or something. What I had planned for last night sounded so much better than what I ate.

Well I better get going and will check back later.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:00 AM   #2  

Tinky ~ It will be a while before I eat Chinese again. I should have stuck with what I originally was going to get because it would have been lower in calories and less grease. I was going to have veggie soup and two spring rolls. Nope, I have to get something that did have some grease and it appeared to be dark meat instead of my normal white meat. I am not a dark meat fan. So I stoll a couple pieces of my DD's white meat. Next time I am going to stick with my first choice. I have a bad habit of looking, seeing what I should have and then choosing something else.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:31 PM   #3  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

hey kids! What's up?
Well...I worked out last night, got my sorry butt on the bike to work off some of that DQ cake, lol..I think I was on for 94minutes until I had to stop..but now instead of my legs begging me to stop, its my behind getting sore from that seat..and we got one with a "deluxe" seat..at least it's recumbent, its not hard on the girlie parts..lol

Tinky- what kind of protein shake do you use? I love having the mix in the house too..I use it if I'm going out for awhile and know I'm going to miss a meal..or if I'm having a bad craving itll fill me right up before I do something sinister
I usually buy the Creamy Dreamy Chocoalte whey gourmet but I was thinking of maybe geting a plain one and making my own concoctions..

zenor- hmmm celery huh?? do you know anyone else in the exchange who would do a trade??lol I use celery ..hmm I cut it up and use it with dip..I slice it up and put it in stirfry..I slice it up and rub pb or cheese whiz or cream cheese on it..i finely dice it and put it with pasta salad, chicken salad, chilis, soups, etc..i think if I had an overwhelming surplus I would either give some away..or cut it up finely and freeze it, maybe you could freeze it in ice cube trays and then transfer to ziplocs? then you could stick a cube or 2 in everytime youre making a dish?? it should keep well that way.

Charlene, WELCOME! I am new too and these girls are amazing! I am not even technically a calorie counter and the girls have still welcomed me with open arms..at least I feel that way, lol I mean we all have a common goal, to make ourselves healthier, fitter, thinner, and to glean some tips and support and have fun along the way! Instead of white knuckling it and feeling alone..I love coming here as part of my daily ritual..its fun and also helps keep me focused and "in check"
Some days I'm not in the mood to post a lot, but I am still op and checking in to see how everyone is doing

Luc's Mom- how's it going?? Those cravings can be a ***** ! lol I find sometimes it helps to identify what kind of food I want..usually for me it'll be "creamy-comfort" or "crunchy-salty" and then have something OP in that category..
homemade sugar free chocoalte pudding has been a lifesaver more than once!
So is that lemon meringue dessert i posted a couple weeks ago..and almost no calories. FOr the summer you could make pudding pops with the sf pudding mix...I;ve also seen people on the WW forum say they use a tsp of the sf pudding mix with a cup of low fat milk and blend it, and it tastes and feels like a milkshake..still have to try that.. today I think I'm going to try orange jello and drained and rinsed peach-mandarin medley prepared together..pretty and yummy. unfortunately I cannot have cool whip as its a major trigger food for me, even though I don't even care for it that much..
As for clothes, have you tried a thrift store?? Its hard to spend $70 on a pair of jeans when you're just going to be swimming in them in a couple weeks. But its not good for the spirit to have no clothes either..maybe a nice cheapish pair of capris in a couple sizes?? I think as I go down in size I'm going to buy a couple things just in every second size, I really can't afford a huge wardrobe in every size.,and the "small" things from my past are from 10 years ago so they won't do either...at least shirts are more forgiving..lol
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:34 PM   #4  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

also yoga pants, and yoga capris,,are so versatile and kind of grow and shrink with you..so they can be a nice option when you are transitioning to a lower weight..I know my yoga pants I lived in when I started still fit great 16lbs lower..so while they might not be the best choice once I am at goal (too much leeway lol) for now they are nice becasue you could go 20+ pounds and still not have them looking sloppy on you becasue they are so stretchy And as an apple I find them very slimming (in black)..I think my legs look best in them out of everything I own..although I am not usually wearing them now since I can finally fit into other pants!!lol
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:03 PM   #5  

Natalia ~ That pudding in the milk sounds good. I may have to try that because I love milk shakes. I should try the pudding pop thing also because I used to eat a lot of them but I haven't looked for them in over 20 years at the grocery store. Maybe they have sugar free pudding pops. HMMMM! I will have to check it out.

I do the same thing. I buy pants that can stretch and shrink with me. I am recommitting myself this weekend to making sure it is shrink. I am so sick of the 180's I have been drifting here for to long. I realize its a mental hang up. Does anyone know how to get past a mental block that is holding you back? Its almost like I am afraid to leave the 180's. I have been in this range for over a year now.

It is very slow at work today and I will take it after the few days this week where I was running around in a blur. HAHAHA!
Old 06-01-2007, 02:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Thanks everyone for the celery hints!

I use celery and usually always have it in the fridge, but it's just the two of us and we've been getting a big bunch every week. I've been using it at least once a day in something and I still have two bunches left. Lol. At least I still like it!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:11 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia View Post
also yoga pants, and yoga capris,,are so versatile and kind of grow and shrink with you..so they can be a nice option when you are transitioning to a lower weight..I know my yoga pants I lived in when I started still fit great 16lbs lower..so while they might not be the best choice once I am at goal (too much leeway lol) for now they are nice becasue you could go 20+ pounds and still not have them looking sloppy on you becasue they are so stretchy And as an apple I find them very slimming (in black)..I think my legs look best in them out of everything I own..although I am not usually wearing them now since I can finally fit into other pants!!lol
I have a pair of yoga pants that I wore at my heaviest and I still wear them now. It's quite amazing how much stretch/shrink they have. They also have a drawstring waist, which is helpful. I mainly wear them to lounge in these days, but they are mighty comfy.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:58 PM   #8  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Height: 5'3"

zenor, can you tell me a little more about the CSA membership? It looks like I have a couple options of one share or a half share. how much are we talking here? I wish there was some kind of reviews somewhere. I have about 4 farms to choose from. Only one is a 52 week farm.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:24 PM   #9  

Ours would probably be a 1/2 share. It's not called that, but we have the smallest one. I think ours calls it family size (3-4ppl) or regular size (1-2ppl.)

Our goes April thru December I think. Also, everything is organic and they deliver. Yay! I don't know if their website would be helpful, but it's farmersgarden.org and they have a nice graph that tells you what you might be getting at different times of the year.

This is what we've been getting recently:

1 head of cauliflower
3 broccoli crowns
1 bunch of "baby" carrots with greens attatched
1 head of boston lettuce
1 huge head of red leaf lettuce
1 huge head of green leaf lettuce
1 big bunch of celery
1 cabbage
1 sm bunch of green onions
1 sm bag of snow peas
1 basket of strawberries

My salad spinner has been getting quite a work out.

I would call the CSAs up and see if you can buy just one week so you know what it looks like. Or maybe they can tell you what they typically have in them?

We also buy citrus, avocados, eggs, & apples at the farmer's market. I buy onions, garlic, and ginger at the grocery store unless I can find them at the farmer's market. This is plenty for the two of us. I really love it, because it forces me to be more creative in the kitchen.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:05 PM   #10  

that is very helpful, Zenor! I think the half share would prob be plenty for us right now then. I have littles who barely touch their food as it is.

I'm sure your farmers market is awesome, being in California. We get the greens and berries. I can get eggs and cherries from the back yard. I wish I had a few more fruit trees, and might have to work on that.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:55 PM   #11  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

GrammyL- It will be a very very long time before I touch chinese food, unless I prepare it myself. Though I will say it was good when I was at the restaurant, but going home forget about it! LOL

Natalia- I use Soy Protein, its made by EAS, but I think this time around I will get something different. Mix it up a bit. The chocolate one sounds pretty good and dreamy! Yoga pants, hmmm....I may have to invest in those. I love my Nike capris but they're getting a bit worn out!

Hmm....Farmers Markets, I don't know why I do not even go there, but I really think I should since I buy tons of produce! I mean Seattle is suppose to have lots of good produce. I guess I'm being biased, I used to shop out at Farmer's Markets all the time in CA. But oh well! Gonna make a point to go this weekend!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 09:20 PM   #12  
<33

S/C/G: 283/Ticker!/180

Height: 5' 6

Well, even though I don't have too, I'll still post my numbers.

The only thing is, I don't want to even think about them! I had a perfectly wise calorie day, but then my mother desided to surprise me by taking me out to mexican, and I ordered the healthiest I could.

At the mexican place, I ordered Chicken Fajitas .(Came with Rice and Beans.) And I didn't eat any of the tortillas. I did how ever have a handful of chips and salsa. According to my calculations, I had 1766 kcals. Yuck! I did golf for a few hours though.

Anyway, Atleast I didn't go over too much.

I really need to start exercising again, but I just havent found the time. Now that school's out, this summer I'll get back on track!

My June goal however, is not to gain too much weight. I'm going to Disney World in just 9 days! We've made quite a few food arrangements. Any advice for eating out for a week?
Charlene Dahhling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 09:22 PM   #13  

yesterday's menu worked so well, I did it again today! haha!

I added in a new pic in my profile of me and my baby. He's getting some cute baby personality now at almost 3 months. It still takes some work to get the smile.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:26 PM   #14  
<33

S/C/G: 283/Ticker!/180

Height: 5' 6

CoolMom75 ~ That is the cutest picture! Sooo Cute!! I love his facial expression.
Charlene Dahhling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:17 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Zoe
that is sure a cute little guy!
he is so serious.
he will be a thinker! No, not stinker.
How old is he now?

Oh by the way, you don't look your weight. Keep up the good job loosing.
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote