3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Calorie Counters Chat-March 2007! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/105972-calorie-counters-chat-march-2007-a.html)

GrammyL 03-30-2007 03:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are pics of my horses.

Smoke is the big black horse and I ride him.
Lady is the light brown horse and that is my DD's.
Peek-a-boo is my pony and he has the two white socks in the back.

Theresa ~ I am aiming for two days a week for ridding Smoke and two days driving Peek-a-boo. Last year I was lucky to get two days a week for both. Time constraints. I actually like the smell of dry horse poop. If it were fresh, now that would be another story. My horse usually comes in and looks at me leaves a pile and walks back out but he didn't do it last night. I have to stay we had pigs and that is about the worst. I would gage some mornings and you could smell it all the way out to the road.

Some people say it is good exercise but all I do is walk my horse because he is hard to stop. I just do it for fun.

GrammyL 03-30-2007 04:01 PM

Zenor ~ My DH is Mexican so we are adapting a lot of their traditional recipes to healthier version. What people don't realize is a lot of their recipes are actually healthy but the homemade tortillas are really high in fat and they do like to add fat where they could go without.

I missed it, I would like the sloppy joe recipe. My DD and I were just talking about wanting some the other day and I told her I would have to find a healthy way to make them because the canned stuff has to much sugar. I used to have a recipe that I think was weight watchers and that was delicious but I have since lot it.

Need some words of advise. I want to try to nicely tell my neighbor to leave me alone without causing hard feelings. She just wants to be with me from the time I get out of work until its time to go to bed. She doesn't have a life, no hobbies, kids are grown, and her DH ignores her. So, she is over to my house constantly and I miss out on ridding my horses, last year using the pool (no longer have it), gardening/flowers, you name it. I can't even go to town without her. It wouldn't be bad but she is a very negative person and it rubs of on me. Any suggestions? Hints don't work because I told her last year I need to start using my horses more and walking less or I will have to break down and sell one. She still came over every night, even when she saw me getting ready to use one of the horses.

I may not be around this weekend because DH really frowns on computer use when he is home and I don't blame him. He has been gone for a month so I am going to concentrate on him.

Have a great weekend!

littlered 03-30-2007 04:55 PM

Lara.

nice roses and horses!
pig smell... big yuk.
actually when I was in school,
strawberry perfume was big.
I bought some to where in front of a boy I rode to school with.
He worked on a pig farm...

He pulled his car over and was going all through it. When I asked him why, he said that he must have missed some of the manure when cleaning his car. Cause get this...
He said it smelled real sweet, like strawberries! LOL
I never wore it again. now I rarely wear any purfume. Makes my allergies crazy.

I hope you have a wonderful week end.
My hubby did the 28 days out. I hated it. Now he's home to stay! :)

walking2lose 03-30-2007 05:28 PM

Hi everyone,

First of all, I'm feeling a little better today and wanted to thank everyone for their well wishes. I'm just trying to 'refuse to be sick,' and so far it seems to be working.

Second of all, I got to move my ticker DOWN today... boy, that felt good. Today was our last day of Biggest Loser at work, and it was nice not to go out on a plateau (or worse, a gain). Thanks to all who wished me well at my 'weigh' in. My friend and I have decided to continue to weigh in on Fridays and keep the accountability going. I'm actually looking forward to it. It sure helps to have support!

Chloe - I eat a Frigo "Light" Cheesehead string cheese most days at work with a few crackers. They are 60 calories. They are a little bit smaller than some other string cheeses, but for me it's fine with an apple or a few crackers.

Have a great Friday!

zenor77 03-31-2007 01:09 AM

Not only did I fall off, but I think the wagon ran me over...

Oh boy, it has been quite a week already and then today snuck up on me. Today would be my father's 73rd birthday if he were still around and it hit me around lunch time. I was holding up okay (or so I thought.) But life goes on and we had an art counsel meeting to go to (they had appetizers & wine.) Of course some friends wanted to go out to a new restaurant and you know what happened next...

Calories for today: 2392

Fat 31%

Fiber 53 grams

Okay, so, at least the fiber is good. I just feel so, um, terrible. I realize that viewing this as a "day off" is okay and I'll just begin again tomorrow. I still feel like a failure though. I thought that I had better control over my emotional eating. I guess I have more work to do on that than I thought.

I hope that none of what I lost this week comes back. But if it does, well, we'll tackle that if it happens. I'm sorry if this seems so negative guys! I knew there would be a few "bumps" on this journey; I just didn't expect to feel this awful about it. Thanks everyone for letting me vent. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

CoolMom75 03-31-2007 01:14 AM

1665cals today
30gms fiber

walking2lose 03-31-2007 01:30 AM

Zenor - I'm really sorry to hear about your tough day thinking about your dad... that's not easy. Don't feel bad about the food... it happens, and it probably could've been worse. You've been doing great and I know you'll get back on track. Hang in there!!!

Ok, it 1:30am. I know I'm officially on spring break, but this is a bit ridiculous. I'm off to bed...

Abbynormal 03-31-2007 02:18 AM

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of knowledge I get from reading this Post! You guys certainly know your stuff. It's been a really good day for me Hoping to get out and walk tomorrow! And Grammy Your roses made me smile after a hard day at work! Have a good day CCers!

littlered 03-31-2007 08:25 AM

good morning girls.

here is my numbers for friday.

Total:
Cal: 1531
Fat: 22%
Carbs: 48%
Fiber: 40
Protein: 30%

have a nice day :)

floridarusty 03-31-2007 09:32 AM

Well, I'm back again!!! My weight is up to 192.5 after a vacation in Key West and a week with my sister here in sunny Florida.

I did my walking DVD for 1 mile Thurs. and will do it today, aiming for 5/times/wk. Will start the calorie counting again as of today.

First goal will be 10 lbs. We have more company arriving for Easter week which includes 2 grandchildren ages 2 and 5. So I will have to have some goodies in the house.....it's going to be a tough week while they are here. But they love the beach so I can get some walking done on the beach and work on a tan at the same time!!!

I was reading back thru some of the old posts and glad to see some other 62 yr. old women here......I thought I was the Granny of the group.

Phyllis

Bobbolink 03-31-2007 09:39 AM

Good Morning!
Yesterday Calories... 1,242 and 64 grams of Fiber

Early Morning:
Vitamin Mix/Salmon Oil (If anyone is experiencing dry skin from reducing the fat in your menu, try a capsule a day of Salmon Oil.)It only adds 10 calories and worth it.
Dry Fiber One

Breakfast:
Egg white omelet with turkey & cheese, peach/pineapple salsa~2 slices lo-cal toast.

Lunch... (Too full from big breakfast)
Toasted Flat Out topped with Chocolate pudding, SF/FF cool whip and sprinkling of F.One.

Supper:
DH bought two huge pork chops, I only ate part of mine. I could have easily eaten the whole thing but I put the reins on. He was hungry for creamed peas so I took a plain serving off for myself then added the buttery white sauce to the balance. First thing he said was, aren't you going to eat some creamed peas? duh!!!!!!!!!! I re-heated some winter squash to have instead of the baked potato.

Evening snack: DH had a banana split and I made my own by using Coconut Pudding topped with fresh Blackberries, Cool whip and a sprinkling of F.One. The Fiber one made it taste like a pie. It was really yummy!

Coolmom... I forgot to congratulate you on your first egg! We were just as excited when we got our 1st egg. Cute pic of your nephew and I love the color you painted the chicken coop and the decal on it. I have a picture of DH with our 1st egg but it's on a CD that I had the PC doctor take off my old computer. (My old cp didn't have a burner on it) I haven't quite figured out how to get the picture off the CD and onto the 3FC's. All you cp savy people could maybe walk me through it.
Grammy... Beautiful roses and how did MIL kill the originals?
I have one bush of lilacs that came from the original stock in Denmark on my dad's home place. It's behind the chicken coop and never gets much sun so I've never seen flowers on it. I haven't dared move it, afraid I'll kill it. Your horses are all beautiful, I especially like Peek-a-boo. He/She doesn't look like a pony, he/she is so slim. All the ponies I see are usually short and pudgy, like me before my weight loss.:rofl:
Allison... Glad you liked the TVP Sloppy Joe recipe. I haven't made it for awhile because we have so much Elk meat in the freezer.
Theresa...
Quote:

Bobby,
My house is like yours too. Yes my keys even have a home.
My dd won't put my canned food away. She thinks I am tooo picky. lol . You should see HER room. :fr:
Oh, where do you get Guar gum? I have heard the name. Never seen it.
Our daughter has teased her dad for years about lining them up in alphabetical order. I don't go that far, but they are lined up in their own groups. Tiffany's room used to be a mess too! (Our dd)

You're Strawberry perfume story is funny, reminds me of the cheap wine we used to drink when we turned 18, it was called Strawberry Hill. Anyone remember that rot gut?
I purchased the package of Guar gum at our local health food co-op store a couple of years ago, It's a dry powder.
1 teaspoon has 10 calories~10mg sodium~3 g carbs~3 g fiber For anyone else interested I'll type out what it states on the label:
Directions: Guar gum is used as a thickener in baked goods, jams/jellies, soups, salad dressing, sauces, syrups, juices and dairy products. Use 1/2 teaspoon per cup of liquid. This herb should be ingested only with adequate liquid. I haven't tried it with the scratch pudding recipe yet but it would cut the calories waaaaaaaaaaaaaay down. Cornstarch is very high in calories! If you're a label reader, you'll see Guar gum in lots of food products.
Aphil... You don't have to worry about the actual rose vines, it's the root of the plant that you have to cover in the winter.
Claire... :congrat: Congrats on your declining ticker! Good idea about keeping accountable at work.
Zenor... This past January was the 1st anniversary of my mom's passing and I did the same thing. I forgot about it until later on in the day. I felt bad that day and days after because I didn't even think about it or the days leading up to it. My dad had a hard day and some of my brothers and sisters made it over to see him.
Abby... I agree, this thread is great!
I'm going to make another omelet for breakfast this morning using my left-over pork chop, catch ya later.
Greeting to everyone I missed.
Bobbi

Mami 03-31-2007 10:07 AM

Morning lovelies :) Well I've had a bad past few days of 2500 and 2600 calories per day respectively. Oooops! Time to get back on track today. I had been down to 140 pounds, but then went back up to 140.5 and then from yesterday, back up to 144 lbs! I know its gotta be mostly water so I'm not sweating it, but its sure a motivator to get my tail back in gear!

Today I'm planning on having 1700 calories and to burn 600 on my elliptical. That would bring to a total calorie deficit for the week of 3500 so I hope to get my pound lost this week anyway (I was really good at the beginning of the week).

Already burned 200 calories and about to go do more now (while both DH AND the baby are sleeping..yah).

Hope everyone is well and enjoy!

littlered 03-31-2007 10:43 AM

Morning,

Bobby,
is that peach/pineapple salsa homemade? sounds Yummy.
how do you make it? and those pork chops sound pretty darn good too.

That lilac bush you have might make shoots that you can grow elsewhere. We get (suckers) new shoots. and Then we move them. we do this with lots of this kind of shrub. Rose of sharon works well too.

yes, I remember strawberry hill wine. LOL I don't drink much now days. I have to many meds that I am afraid to mix with it.
Maybe when I lose more weight And get off some of my meds. I am starting to wean myself from the PREMERIN this week. It should take 2-3 months to do. Hope I don't get the night sweats back!
Next month I am going to stop taking my Meds for the Tryglcerides. (If my blood work comes out good.)

Today I tried on my FAT JEANS. I have not been in them all winter. THEY FIT . no laying down to zip them either!!

Got to be good today. we are eating out sunday. Don't know where yet.
This will be my first day eating out since I have started the calorie counting.

GrammyL 03-31-2007 11:04 AM

Theresa ~ Pig stink does have a stinky sweet smell to it but it still stinks. I can't say as I can associate the smell to strawberries.

Bobbi ~ I feel in love with Peek-a-boo the first time I saw him. He is about 48 inches at the sholders and weighs about 450 lbs so he is a little guy to be because my horse weighs almost 2000 lbs and his back is over my head. Both Smoke and Peek are geldings which for those that don't horses is a fixed male, my prefered sex for a horse. I traded a paint mare for Peek and another pony. I sold the other pony because he ran off with me in the cart and keep going thru the fence. I was going to sell both but after the bigger pony was sold I started to work with Peek-a-boo and he came out of his shell. I am so thankful that no one wanted him because he is a gem. He is trained so well a child could drive him at a show and win. He is very refined, high stepping and fast. Just pure joy to work with and everyone in the family just loves him. I want lilacs but I am not any good at growing them. The last bush I was given took three years just to bloom the first time. My MIL had someone hook up to the rose bush and rip it out of the ground. She did it with another rose bush also but it came back with a vengence. Really urks DH because those rose bushes were his grandparents pride an joy and they really just take care of themselves.

Claire ~ That is fantastic that you are feeling better and that you lost. WHOHOO!

Zenor ~ It happens to everyone, just get going the next day. Life has a way of happening to us all.

Abbynormal ~ Your welcome, the flowers made me smile when I was looking at them also because I now soon it will look that way again.

Well I have to get going because DGS is getting upset with me. DH brought Tastee Cakes back from PA where he was working but they just look like Little Debbies so I can resist them. I am not a fan of snack cakes. Have to find a way to get some exercise so talk to you all later.

Justme33 03-31-2007 11:53 AM

WELL yesterday was REALLY bad, never good to socialize and eat at the same time...I came home and tried to calculate the damage but the number was getting WAYYYY to high.. (I got 3600 for the DAY!!!) So over 2000 extra while out with friends!! NO WAY!!! the scale even went up 2 lbs for the morning weight...TOM should start later today so I'm not even sure what it would be anyways...LOL

So back on track today.....I've had quite a few bad days in the month of March and it looks like I've lost only 6 lbs this whole month...better than gaining weight though!!! Just taking it slow I guess.....

Gotta run to the store, out of Skim milk since yesterday and thats all I'll use in my coffee, didn't have any milk so had no morning coffee....Just made some white peppermint/ginger tea instead...and I'm starting to get a headache!! Need that coffee!! I once gave it up for about 6 months!! Thats a long story....I should have never started drinking it again....

Stay strong women!! Weekends can get a little hard sometimes!!

OH just noticed since I fixed my tickers.... 33lbs LOST 33LBS to go!! HALF WAY THERE!!!!