Breakfast Pizza

• Made this this morning and could eat another whole one right now!

Makes 2-3 servings:

1 Flat-Out
    olive oil
    2 wedges Laughing Cow Lite or 4 T. lite cream cheese
    1/3 lb. turkey breakfast sausage, Italian turkey sausage, or lean ground beef* (cooked and crumbled)
    6 eggs
    3/4 c. mozzarella
    5 slices tomato
    2 T. green onion, chopped
    Salsa (opt.)
    Avocado slices (opt.)

Preheat oven to 350*. Brush Flat-Out lightly with olive oil. Bake on cookie sheet about 5-7 minutes, until slightly dry. Spread with cream cheese, cover with sausage crumbles, set aside. Scramble eggs in non-stick pan until not quite done and season to taste. Spread over pizza. Top evenly with cheese. Bake (or broil) until cheese is melted. Scatter tomato slices and green onion over top. Serve with salsa and avocado if desired.

*Make sure meat is no more than 6 gms. of fat per 60 gm. serving. (Thanks murphmitch!)
  • What kind of turkey breakfast sausage do you use? All of the ones I have looked at have more fat than allowed on SBD.

South Beach Guidelines: Low-fat turkey sausage (3-6 grams of fat per 60 gram serving)
  • Well, actually, I've been making my own sausage from Jenni-O 90/10 ground turkey.

I just Googled turkey sausage. Yikes. Before I made a big batch of homemade sausage (I made an assortment of sausages for SB) I used to buy the Jimmy Dean turkey sausage links and patties. 11 gms. of fat per serving. BAD. Let me revise that recipe.

Thanks.