Orange "Dreamsicle" Shake

• This can be a snack or breakfast. Tastes like an orange dreamsicle popsicle! You can vary the flavors anyway you want...lemon with a little lemon zest, strawberry koolaid with strawberry extract....be creative! Add a scoop of protein powder for even more nutrition. Only about 150 calories as shown below!! Who can beat that?

1/3 C ff cottage cheese
    1/4 C plain ff yogurt
    1 tsp orange koolaid mix
    1/2 capful vanilla extract
    1 capful orange extract
    2/3 C sugarfree soymilk (or regular if you want)
    splenda to taste
    ice

Crush the ice, blend all ingredients, enjoy!!!
  • I must of goofed...mine had a very pretty color, but the taste was too orangey....i'll have to try this one again.
  • Mine had a good taste and a white color ! Definitely no orange in mine! The only thing I can think of is too much koolaid??
  • I gotta try this it sounds yummy!
  • ooh...maybe too much koolaid....but it was very pretty!! I'll have to try it again!!
  • I love orange and creamsicles I HAVE to try this! Thanks for posting it!
  • Dreamsicle
    thanks for the recipe. I'm new to SBD and I am dying to find recipes. Can't wait to go to the store so I can try this recipe.

PS: How can I find the tickers on 3fatchicks website. Thanks
  • SF ORANGE JELLO works much better than koolaid..
  • YUM!!!! I altered the recipie a bit so i thought i would share.
    I used SF orange jello, 1/3 c FF cottage cheese, 1/4 c FF Greek yogurt, 2/3 c Plain soy milk, 1t french vanilla flavoring, 1 packet of splenda, 5 ice cubes, and 1/5 package of silken tofu. I blended till smooth and frothy.
    SOOO Good!!! Thank you for the recipe.
  • I think I've found breakfast for tomorrow! This sounds so yummy. Thanks!
  • Made this with low fat cottage cheese, 1% milk, sf orange jello, vanilla, and ice. I had to fight my 15 year old son for it! Delicious!
  • I made this tonight, w/ some changes. I'm not sure if I messed up now, though, b/c I ended up using coconut milk instead.

I used:
    SF orange jello
    1/3 cup FF cottage cheese
    1/4 cup Greek yogurt
    2/3 cup Plain Coconut Milk
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    A couple of tablespoons of Splenda
    Ice

It was very good, but I think the serving was too much. Next time I'll freeze half of it. Ooh, and I can't wait to try it w/ lime!!!