3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Breakfast Ideas - Phase 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/breakfast-ideas-phase-1-128/)
-   -   Mock French Toast/Pancakes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/breakfast-ideas-phase-1/42465-mock-french-toast-pancakes.html)

missioncollegeweight 06-23-2004 10:20 AM

Mock French Toast/Pancakes

hey South Beacher's-
i found this recipe and decided to try it out and it is FABULOUS.. it tastes like the real thing and i felt as though i was cheating.. you have to try it.. ive made it every day since i found it.

Mock French Toast

4 egg whites
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup riccotta cheese
dash cinnamon
1 packet of splenda
I cant believe its not butter spray
sugar free maple syrup

mix all together in a bowl and beat with a fork
pour into pan like you would as if you were making pancakes
top with butter spray and syrup and ENJOY!!!
(really tasty with turkey bacon and coffee- :coffee:

Edited by Ruth. 05/05/23
This is for a single serving.
226 calories, 10 grams of fat, 5 grams carbs and 27 gram of protein when made with part skim ricotta.

MAK0303 01-24-2009 11:30 AM

Thanks for the recipe! Some thoughts for others who may try this (I just made it..) This seemed a bit much for a single serving - I couldn't finish it all. It came out much better if you make them kind of thin.. at the end I just dumped the remaining batter in the pan and it came out too thick, which makes it taste like an odd sort of egg. These are kind of eggy tasting - not like real pancakes, but if you make them thin it's better. Add a little extra cinnamon. Thanks for the variety! :)

Kate53 02-02-2009 09:25 AM

I will give these a try. I just went back to phase 1 for a few days as my "weekly pound loss" did not happen this week. I think I have been over doing it with "good" carbs so I will get the craving issue under control by returning to phase 1. I so do not like ricotta cheese but hopefully I won't taste it with this recipe. Thanks for the breakfast idea. Variety is so important with this diet.

mrsisaac 02-16-2009 10:45 AM

This tasted so good this morning! I'm a real breakfast foods person and I'm so happy that I found this recipe. I'm curious to hear if anyone has any suggestions for a good sugar-free syrup. I tried the Smuckers brand first and it was pretty good. Any other suggestions?

Jessica

snoozlebug 07-11-2009 02:52 PM

mmm! Made this this morning for the first time. My batter was a lot thinner than real pancake batter, so the result was more like sweet crepes than pancakes, but still nummy! Also had turkey bacon - yes, a very nice complement.

I second that the portions given seem way too much for a single serving. It was plenty to feed both me and my boyfriend.

jenleeca 11-01-2009 08:40 PM

These where pretty good. I just started phase 1. Tues will be one week and I am already sick of eggs for breakfast. Although it was a bit egglike, the sugar free maple syrup really made it delicious!

aquabuttafly 11-09-2009 01:31 PM

thank you so much for posting this! best Monday morning I've had in weeks!

JLN555 11-11-2009 02:52 PM

Yum.

:pYUMMY. I can't wait until tommorow morning so I can try this one.

asphyxia63 11-14-2009 01:49 PM

Just tried these, still have some on my plate that I can't finish. Made about 4 total pancakes. I agree they were very thin and more like crepes, I might omit the sweet stuff next time and roll them up with veggies. The only thing that made them taste like pancakes was the ICBINB and syrup. I thought they were very eggy. I used egg beaters egg whites (3/4 c = 4 egg whites). Maybe I should use less next time for more pancakey results? Or more ricotta?

jenne1017 01-03-2010 11:35 AM

OK, I might be doing something really wrong here or maybe I just need a waffle iron but I have been toying with this recipe for almost 5 years and I can never get it to look anything remotely like a crepe or a pancake or french toast! It looks like sweet scrambled eggs to me and that just grosses me out mentally.

Any tips?

Lindzzy 01-23-2010 10:53 AM

These are great

I tired these this morning and I really enjoyed them! Had them with a cup of coffee and some turkey bacon. A great breakfast for a Saturday morning!

valley 04-06-2010 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsisaac (Post 2614632)
This tasted so good this morning! I'm a real breakfast foods person and I'm so happy that I found this recipe. I'm curious to hear if anyone has any suggestions for a good sugar-free syrup. I tried the Smuckers brand first and it was pretty good. Any other suggestions?

Jessica

I use Maple Grove Farms SF syrup. I've tried SF Log Cabin and SF Mrs. Butterworths and neither one can compare...MGF has a lot of flavor for a SF syrup! :)

valley 04-10-2010 07:15 PM

I took a picture when I made them..they taste more like french toast than pancakes to me. The picture is of only 2 but the batter made 5 of the same size (this is a 10 inch dinner plate)...I ate 3 before I thought to take a picture!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...Picture024.jpg

dragonfly21 04-21-2010 10:27 AM

wow, i was scared to try these- but they were just what i needed to curb a sweet breakfast craving. dont expect ihop- but they'll do!! thanks for this recipe!

CatMat 04-21-2010 03:03 PM

My daughter and I made them with pureed FF cottage cheese instead of ricotta - and added a pinch of salt. She likes the taste better than the ricotta. They're just what the doctor ordered when you can't face another egg/veg combo!