reciepe wanted

• are there any good reciepes out there for brekfast? glen
  • My current favorite is:

3/4 cup dry oatmeal (old-fashioned oats - not quick oats)
    2 tsp. cinnamon
    pinch of salt

Mix the cinnamon and salt with the oatmeal. Make the oatmeal like you would normally (stove-top or nuke it)

When the oatmeal is cooked, add about 2 tsp. of brown sugar splenda and spray with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray. Stir this up and enjoy

3 points
  • Mine is quick and easy and a good source of both protein and carbs.

Toast 2 whole wheat pieces of bread in a toaster. While this is toasting, get 4 thin slices of deli ham and place in a sheet of wax paper and nuke for 12 seconds. (not much longer as you don't want exploding ham!) When the toast pops up, slather with French's mustard**optional** add a slice of reduced fat sliced cheese and the warmed up ham....and voila!!! Its very filling, no butter required!!!

Another is toasting 2 special k 98% ff waffles, 1/2 C ff cottage cheese and a half cup of sliced strawberries. I use a small amount of a reduced cal, ff syrup and lots of cinnamon on the cheese and waffles. YUM YUM.....
  • thanks ladies. glen
  • I like making french toast.

I use the natural ovens raisin bread that is 1pt/ slice
    I then dip that in egg whites with some cinnamon and a bit of splenda added. Then, I cook that on a griddle sprayed with Pam.

Voila! 1 pt/slice delicious french toast - so healthy, high in protein and so good! Top with sugar free syrup, ICBINB spray and a sprinking of strawberries to top it off!