3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Breakfast and Brunch (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/breakfast-brunch-190/)
-   -   Smoothie Ideas (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/breakfast-brunch/147682-smoothie-ideas.html)

jenosaurus 07-29-2008 07:24 PM

Smoothie Ideas

I love smoothies, in particular for my breakfast.
At the minute I love Strawberry and peach smoothies.

But does anybody have anyother nice smoothies that are low in points too?

Thanks for any ideas you have?

JeN

gtech2mit10 07-29-2008 10:51 PM

Frozen mangoes are amazing in smoothies, as are frozen bananas. I also usually add a scoop of vanilla-flavored protein powder and/or flavored soy milk.

misslynda 08-26-2009 09:51 AM

I make my smoothies with 1/2 cup cottage cheese and fresh fruit some ice and a splash of milk if it's not sweet enough from the fruit i put in 1 sweet n low packet

Want2BeThin 09-24-2009 08:11 AM

They all sound so yummy! I will have to try these variations this weekend.

Thanks!

Feral 09-28-2009 08:41 PM

I do a container of FF vanilla yogurt and add frozen mixed fruit in from the big bags you can get at the grocery store. Sometimes I'll toss a bit of a banana in too.

3/4 of a cup of frozen fruit is about 60 calories. If you use a yogurt that's around 80 that's 140. :)

I'm also a fan of blueberries and raspberries with bananas.

CrystalMH 02-18-2010 01:09 PM

* I know this thread is kinda old but i figured people still look at it for ideas*

I drink something similar to what feral is talking about which is definately a great idea! Im not a big fan of bananas so i was looking for something just strawberry or strawberry and peach or something. I found the recipe on sparkpeople and i changed it up to make it more healthier but I use:

1/2 cup Unsweetened frozen strawberries-I just throw in 4 or 5 (1pnt per cup) :eek:

1 cup of fat free skim milk (2pnts per cup)

1 packet of splenda (I use sweet&Low) (0pnts)

1 6oz cup of light and fit peach yogurt (yes, peach is the best!) (2pnts)
If you use the 4oz it's only 1 pnt, also u can play around with diff flavors!

1/2-1 cup of ice (i like lots of ice...in my mind i lie to my stomach and pretend its more filling lol!)

**Blend it till it's nice and smooth, it makes about 3 cups depending how much ice you use and it's soooo good, I have it for breakfast every mornin! Also i drink the whole 3 cups. I have an addiction to frozen treats and hey, it's only 5 pnts....lol im greedy :devil:

All in all the smoothie is only 4.5 points :carrot:

SuzRoss 07-21-2011 03:58 PM

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
1 Weight Watchers French Vanilla Smoothie mix packet
8 oz of fat-free milk
1/4 (of a 15 oz) can of pure pumpkin
8-10 ice cubes
Pumpkin pie seasoning to suit your taste

Pour into blender, mix well & enjoy. Pumpkin is a great antioxidant!

Makes 1 serving
3 Points

tessendicott 02-01-2012 05:51 PM

½ cup non-fat yogurt
Banana
Four strawberries
½ cup apple juice

Not sure how much the apple juice is on WW at the moment, but you can always substitute it for some applesauce.

davidpat 02-03-2012 09:38 PM

Got this off of the WW website, but it is called Strawberry-Vanilla SHAKE it could go either way...Shake or Smoothie:
1/2 oz fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding & pie filling mix, *
2 cup(s) strawberries, sliced
1 cup(s) fat-free skim milk
1/2 cup(s) plain fat-free yogurt
4 pts

This shake thickens if allowed to stand. If desired, add 1/4 cup of fat-free milk to each serving to thin to drinking consistency (might affect PointsPlus values) or eat it with a spoon.

Vary the berries for this sweet shake according to what's freshest and in season: Try blueberries, raspberries and blackberries, or a combination of all three.

bandit2 02-07-2012 03:16 PM

Coffee Banana Smoothie:
1 cup skim milk = 2 PP
1 Banana, 1 Tbsp instant coffee, couple of ice cubes, splenda
Dash of cinnamon OR nutmeg
Blend & Serve

GooGoo1020 12-28-2012 12:16 PM

Got this off of the WW website, but it is called Strawberry-Vanilla SHAKE it could go either way...Shake or Smoothie:
1/2 oz fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding & pie filling mix, *
2 cup(s) strawberries, sliced
1 cup(s) fat-free skim milk
1/2 cup(s) plain fat-free yogurt
4 pts

This shake thickens if allowed to stand. If desired, add 1/4 cup of fat-free milk to each serving to thin to drinking consistency (might affect PointsPlus values) or eat it with a spoon.

Vary the berries for this sweet shake according to what's freshest and in season: Try blueberries, raspberries and blackberries, or a combination of all three.
Last edited by davidpat : 02-03-2012 at 08:42 PM.

this recipe sounds great. How many points and/or exchanges would this recipe be?