Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 12-18-2015, 03:30 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Smile After 127# gone... Apron coming off!

After a long journey, which has resulted in shedding 127# ... I am getting my excess apron skin removed! Checking into the hospital New Years Day... Procedure will be on 2nd...

I have such mixed emotions around this! 30+ years of being morbidly obese... I have quite a bit of loose skin. The apron must come off as it limits my mobility & constantly is getting in my way. But then there is a side of me that says it's been a part of me 30+ years... I held a lot of emotions there.

I would love to hear feed back from those who have had this procedure. Was it painful? How was recovery? Any other bits of wisdom, experience one could share would be greatly appreciated.

indigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 12:44 PM   #2  

I am so proud of you and you are strong and brave and an inspiration. I understand the residual need to hold on to your pain and your excess skin, because it has for so very long been like a shield..But it was not really protecting you it was hiding you from the bliss of being in the present and enjoying this life. I will hold you in my prayers..you are a guiding star.
Dolcinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 10:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigal View Post
After a long journey, which has resulted in shedding 127# ... I am getting my excess apron skin removed! Checking into the hospital New Years Day... Procedure will be on 2nd...

I have such mixed emotions around this! 30+ years of being morbidly obese... I have quite a bit of loose skin. The apron must come off as it limits my mobility & constantly is getting in my way. But then there is a side of me that says it's been a part of me 30+ years... I held a lot of emotions there.

I would love to hear feed back from those who have had this procedure. Was it painful? How was recovery? Any other bits of wisdom, experience one could share would be greatly appreciated.

Congratulations on a job well done! I can understand your emotions about having the skin surgery, but it will make a big difference in your life.

I think if you post this over in the Weight Loss Surgery section you might find a few people who have had this done and can give you some feedback.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote