Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 08-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #1  
Southern Rose

S/C/G: 230.0//216.4//160

Height: 5'2"

Default Question about losing breast mass...

I started my diet and working out today, I have an image in my head of what I want my figure to be like but the one thing that will always be a kind of blur to that image is what will happen with my boobs!

I'm a very large 38JJ on a 5'2" size 16 frame, I want to reduce the size of my bust of course but I'm curious as to what the appearance would be after a great amount of weight is taken from the rest of me.

I know they will never be perfect DD's - all perky and saying hello to the world, but what becomes of the tissue when fat is lost from gigantatits? Should I begin saving for corrective surgery? For a reduction/lift?

Probably not the greatest question to jump in with on my first day of posting but curiosity often gets me into all sorts of trouble ._.
FatalKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:10 PM   #2  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Welcome FatalKiwi!
No advice here, just wanting to say hi and good luck.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

I think the outcome will depend on age and genetics. Lately, mine were in a hurry to reach goal. My chest went down from about 45-46" to 36". 4" happened just the last 6-8 weeks. At my age gravity is taking over more than I like unfortunately. I have been working out regularly, so there is supporting muscle around, but boobs consist of fat and are definitely not immune to weight loss. I think it is hard to predict what size and shape you will end up with. I am now a 36D and used to be a 34B or C. So, I may still shrink a bit. My skin is not loose elsewhere and I hope everything will readjust with time. I would just go with the flow. You will want to be at goal for a while to see how your body changes before making any decisions. Strength training will help to keep you toned in the meantime.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:25 PM   #4  
Piggies obsessed

S/C/G: 300/275/140

Height: 5'5"

I've lost a lot of weight before and I have large breasts (pretty much the same size as yours) and my breasts ended up being shriveled. It really depends on how much weight you are going to lose, age, genetics etc. You can't predict what your skin is going to end up looking like.
VioletDolphin83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:10 PM   #5  
Hobbit-lass

Height: 5'2"

I don't know what will happen, but this is something I wonder about as well!
fairandfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW 228/CW 138/GW 130-150

Height: 5'3.5

I went from a 42HH to a current 32F or G with an 87 pound loss. My bust is still ample, but my skin is not the greatest. As every one is saying. Your results will drpend on age and genetics. I feel healthier and look better in clothing so the change is worth it.
dstalksalot is offline   Reply With Quote