Stretch Marks and Feeling Jiggly

• So I've only been dieting for about a month, lost about 7 lbs, and I'm starting to notice that areas of my body are more "jiggly", for lack of a better term. Especially around my midsection, it seems a lot looser than what it was. Is this a good thing? I admit, it's not very attractive to look at, but if it is a good sign, I'll grit my teeth and wear spanx if I need to wear something a bit more form fitting lol!

Also, is there anything I can do to help reduce the stretch marks that are currently all over my abdomen and arms? I know there isn't really a way to get rid of them completely without surgery, but has anyone had any success with certain oils/lotions to help reduce them? My arms are very large, and with summer I get very self conscious about wearing short sleeve shirts because I hate how my arms look. I'm also very pale, so the stretch marks tend to stand out even more, and look like a dark ugly purple color
  • The jiggly fat is a good thing. There is a thread around here about it, I'll have to take a look and see if I can find it, but if I remember correctly, it's definitely a good sign.

As for the stretch marks Unfortunately there are no "proven" creams that really help. I've been using bio oil and cocoa butter on my stomach for about three months and they look marginally better but that may just be because of the amount of time that has passed and not the creams. Your stretch marks will fade, they are usually purple when they are newer, and will fade to a lighter colour with time.

Congrats on your loss!! Keep it up!

EDIT: FOUND IT!! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...good-sign.html
  • Quote: The jiggly fat is a good thing. There is a thread around here about it, I'll have to take a look and see if I can find it, but if I remember correctly, it's definitely a good sign.

As for the stretch marks Unfortunately there are no "proven" creams that really help. I've been using bio oil and cocoa butter on my stomach for about three months and they look marginally better but that may just be because of the amount of time that has passed and not the creams. Your stretch marks will fade, they are usually purple when they are newer, and will fade to a lighter colour with time.

Congrats on your loss!! Keep it up!

EDIT: FOUND IT!! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...good-sign.html
    If I remember correctly, jiggly fat could be a sign of fat loss and the fat cells shrinking or something like that. Maybe we're thinking of the same thread?

Also, re: stretch marks. No creams/lotions will make them less visible. They'll fade on their own and, yeah, they won't be *as* visible when they're white instead of purple/red, but they'll still be there. Stretch marks are in the skin, not on top of it, so it's impossible for any creams to reach the epidermis (iirc) and make any change whatsoever to them.
  • Thanks for the responses!!! I'm glad to hear about the jiggle

I know this is probably gonna sound weird, but does massaging help at all? I never used to moisturize too often, but because I want my skin to stay pliable as I lose weight, I started using moisturizing oil right after my shower, and occasionally a moisturizing lotion before bed (and I take a good 10-15 minutes for this, because I really hate a greasy feeling on my skin). Since I've started doing this, the fat in my stomach seems more "dimply" for lack of a better term. I've actually plateaued this week on weight loss, and haven't really seen any other difference other than this.

I'm bummed about the stretch marks...they do seem to be fading, and I'm hoping with the moisturizing I won't be getting any new ones. I suppose I will just consider them my battle scars =)
  • Time! Do not give up!!!

I've been the same-ish weight for a few years now. I look 10x better now than I did immediately after I lost most of the weight. Hang in there!!!