Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 04-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #1  

Default Need some opinions please

Hey everyone,
Im very new to this, but i wanted some people opinions.
I decided to lose some weight because I was so disgusted with myself. I am very well informed on loose skin after a major weight loss and I was wondering if you think i may get some.
Im 20 years old 213 pounds, about 5'5 and my goal weight is 130-140. I take very good care of my skin, never tan, always use lotions. i dont drink, or smoke and I dry body scrub. I know genetics has alot to do with it and I hope i have good genetics because my mom had 8 children with absolutely no stretch marks, and she never had loose skin. so i am really hoping i inherited some of this.

I just want some opinions please
Cherries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Honestly it's a crap shoot. You may or may not have excess loose skin. You won't know until until you lose the weight.

Good luck
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #3  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

We can't tell you if you are or are not going to get loose skin because we cannot predict what will happen to your body. Every body is different.

It is all based on how long you've been overweight/obese, have you lost and regained weight a lot, your age and etc. Even if you will end up with some loose skin, so what? It is far better than being overweight/obese. I do have a little bit at this point but I believe it will get better when I reach goal and maintain for at least 1 year.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:51 PM   #4  
A determined quirky chick

S/C/G: 265/227/160

Height: 5'8"

I think a lot of people worry about that. All I can do is give you my personal experience. In the period of one year, I lost over 100 lbs (went from around 315-190's). I noticed loose skin on the meatiest part of the upper arm, and a little on thighs and stomach, but it wasn't very bad at those locations. The arms were the biggest issues. I could litteraly grab skin and strech it out, though my skin was springy, and wasn't highly noticable. After I got nearer the end result, I started doing weight machine exercises - not heavy ones - and it toned my arms a little, and it made it look a lot better. But I imagine the after effects are different for everyone.
Quirky Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 255 195.8 150

Height: 5'6

it depends on the condition of your skin even while your over weight.. is your skin now loose or saggy? or is it firm and your plump and your body is hard and toned?. if its the second option then i wouldnt expect you to have much or any loose skin. when i was 14-18 i was 265+ then i lost weight weight at 18 and i was 180lbs (still over weight) but i had no loose or unfirm skin at all. but now at 27 im expecting that i will totally have loose skin because im old ;/ lol but also becuse of the condition my body is in now- its not toned and its soft etc. and even now still over weight i have some loose skin. basicly you can tell alot about your future body by the condition your over weight body and skin is in.

i think you should be alright. because your young and your not that over weight. ive never seen pictures of a 20 year old girl with loose skin who started at 200lbs or less. the odds are in your favor but you never know.

Last edited by deadkittens; 04-12-2013 at 02:35 PM.
deadkittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:56 AM   #6  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Your skin will do, what it's wants to do.

Lose the weight, be healthy, eat healthy, work out, be strong and fit!

I'm old and wrinkly, its' ok!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote