Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 12-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #1  
New-b

S/C/G: 219/ticker/155

Height: 5ft

Default great belly divide.. anyone have this

ok let me explain the best i can. a profile of your belly looks like a capital B. like you have a top roll, then sunk in, then a bottom roll? if this is you how (if at all) does this play a part in your loss or your self image after loss?
WannaB2cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

When I started, I had three humps, not just two, and the top two divided vertically as well as horizontally, so it looked like I had three sets of boobies (the top original set a DD cup, and the bottom two between a C and a D cup) sitting on top of third roll of fat. I called it my "six pack abs."

I've lost one set of the extra boobies, and the remining extra set has shrunk from C cup to A cup. So I guess I'm still a "B" lying down, but the top half of the B is much smaller than the bottom (and eventually it will be a lower case b, and then hopefully no b at all).

I haven't gotten to goal yet, but I don't think my shape has played any role in my loss, and very little in my self image. I've always thought I was pretty damned terrific (and so do my friends, family, and my husband), even at my highest weight, so I don't see it playing a big role after.

The only time I'm self-conscious about it, is when I'm naked with strangers, and since I'm only naked with strangers for a few minutes at the gym, it doesn't really impact on me at all.

Hubby and I met and married at our highest weights (me close to 400 lbs and he, almost 450), so while we were both very self-conscious our first few times naked together, it was all awesome from there.

Oddly enough, I'm having more problems adjusting to aging skin than deflating, loose, baggy skin. I hate my thinning eyebrows, fine lines, and crepey skin, and knobby arthritic fingers. I can handle loose skin, but I wish the skin itself was smooth.

Still, since I felt pretty marvelous at 394 lbs, I think I'll feel pretty marvelous at my goal weight (though I'll probalby spend a fortune on spanx and control top pantyhose).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW 228/CW 138/GW 130-150

Height: 5'3.5

I have this issue too. I wonder if its not due to being short waisted. The fat has no where else to settle. I first got the B after pregnancy and after 65 pounds lost it is better but still there...my waist to hip ratio seems to be shrinking as my weight goes down....I thought I would have more definition, but I do not.
dstalksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:53 AM   #4  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

At goal I still have that. My stomach's been that way since I was young. No kids....I've just been fat since I was little.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

Yes, yes and yes. I have it. Once in my thirties I got down to 180 and the rolls were just more loose. But that actually bothered me less then the wings under my arms. Fat really settles in my arms. sigh
However I feel good about myself and what I am doing. I do not expect miracles I am very much a woman of science with a little psych mixed in. I would rather be healthier and more able to move then to have tighter skin.

Kaplods Have to say your response is so authentic. I always appreciate your posts. I am sure you hear that all the time but just saying.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:12 PM   #6  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

I have that and it's just kinda... shrinking, but not changing. Like sontaikle, mine's always been that way, too, since I was little cause I was fat when I was little. I guess that means it won't ever not look like that, though, haha.
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #7  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
At goal I still have that. My stomach's been that way since I was young. No kids....I've just been fat since I was little.
This. It's still kind of terrible if I'm sitting or bend over, but with a few months of weight training and maintaining this scale weight at least the bottom curve of the B is lessening.

Sigh!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

I have it too. It has to go. I guess some form of exercise may switch it to more ab like appearance? I hope so. cause at goal weight I will be pretty sad to still have two bellies Lol.
CherryQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #9  

even though i'm pretty much almost at goal (a few inches here/there keep me from really feeling "at goal" but loose skin is getting in the way, also) i have that. Interestingly the LOWER abdomen (the bane of existence for most women) is flatter than the upper (right around, above my belly button) and that is the part that makes me feel like i haven't reached goal although some of it is loose skin but i know some of it also is that stubborn "belly" fat.
i didn't have this at all when i was younger and at the same weight but i am thinking that bulge (spare tire) is probably here to stay unless i get really strict and diet way down but then i'll probably have more loose skin to compensate so yes, i commiserate with you!
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #10  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I have a giant b. Like one that should be on the bank of america building. 70lbs down and all it's really done is sank lower, so I think I'm stuck with it.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:39 PM   #11  
Fear does not = fate

S/C/G: 295/140/nogoal :)

Height: 5'2"

I have the giant B..It's not really changing. At all. My husband says it is, but I think he's saying that for self preservation.
owlsteazombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:11 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 238/213/150

Height: 5' 5"

Yeah, I got the B.

But I always assumed that it was due to the way I wore my pants. I would always button my pants at my belly button. So as I gained weight, it was just easier for my belly fat to expand where it wasn't held in by a waistband. I seriously didn't think this was weird at all. So I have the upper roll and the lower roll. As I've lost weight the lower roll has shrunk 5 inches and the top roll shrunk by 2 and 1/2. The lower roll used to be 6 inches bigger than the lower roll. Now they are only 3 1/2 inches different. I call that improvement.
Learning 2 Live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #13  

S/C/G: SW 228/CW 138/GW 130-150

Height: 5'3.5

I am glad you are all sharing your stories. I have been curious about this issue and wondering why. Judging from everyone's stats we are all different tallness. Is it a short waist/ torso thing? My body shape used to be an hourglass with larger hips but now I am more of a rectangle with large bust and butt. Little waist definition but not really an apple. My waste and torso are short. Is this the same for you all or is it just how some people carry weight? Curious if this B belly is a result of skeletal build and if body shape plays into it.

I am at a size 12 at this point moving to a 10, and wondering when the top belly will shrink enough so I don't feel pregnant in empire waist blouses. I am struggling with finding clothing at this point and seem to be feeling worse about my body than I did 65 pounds ago.
dstalksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #14  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I have a very long torso and still have this shape. I'm also a very defined hour glass (huge bust and hips, relatively tiny waist/ribcage).
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:02 PM   #15  
Fear does not = fate

S/C/G: 295/140/nogoal :)

Height: 5'2"

maybe it's an hourglass issue? I'm also an hourglass.
owlsteazombies is offline   Reply With Quote