Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 03-02-2013, 12:50 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 268/211-ish/maybe 150'ish?

Height: 5'2

Oh, most certainly, I do have that B belly!!! In fact, this entire post sealed my approval for this forum & I had to register! I would have sworn on any unborn children that I may or may never have that I caused this by wearing pants WAY too tight...however, back in the mid-late 90's, I promise you that I tried to find some to fit, unfortunately, cute-ish pants in my town seemed to only go to a size 13. I remember in middle school wearing really baggy t-shirts to try to disguise the ever-so-epic muffin top. And then, it got to where only khakis would come in sizes I could fit in. Thank GOD that plus size clothes are easier to find now!

I have found that with my weight loss so far, I still look the same in the mirror, just smaller. That includes both the top & bottom halves of my belly. Aggravating, since I'll probably never have the belly I'd be proud to flaunt on a beach in a bikini...but I'll live. I just might have to rock the **** out of a tankini & just pray that young children do not flock to the shade that my flappy batwings may provide.
melsweetie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #32  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Oh yeah, I have it too. What kills me is that the upper belly sticks out further than the lower, STILL. I'm losing hope that it will ever be well proportioned.

I now have a collection of shaping camisoles that I wear almost every day.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddy View Post
Oh yeah, I have it too. What kills me is that the upper belly sticks out further than the lower, STILL. I'm losing hope that it will ever be well proportioned.

I now have a collection of shaping camisoles that I wear almost every day.
YES! that's me exactly! Flat lower abdomen (well if you don't count the flap of loose skin!) and a little pooch above my belly button! I would rather have a bit of a rounded LOWER tummy and flat around the middle.

Can i ask what shapewear you like the best for flattening that area? I have a "waist nipper" that doesn't work, it works great for nipping in the sides of the waist which i don't need but not for flattening the front part of the waist (ie the tummy)
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:55 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 346/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

I'm not positive what this 'B' looks like... I think my mother has one. Are you all talking about the crease across someone's stomach from wearing their jeans over their stomachs?
alyssarof2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 309/165/159

mine looks like a "B" as well. add to that my belly button looks like a pissed off mouth starting to say w.t.f..

Last edited by baltimora; 06-08-2013 at 10:23 PM.
baltimora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 293.2/293.2/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learning 2 Live View Post
Yeah, I got the B.

But I always assumed that it was due to the way I wore my pants. I would always button my pants at my belly button. So as I gained weight, it was just easier for my belly fat to expand where it wasn't held in by a waistband. I seriously didn't think this was weird at all. So I have the upper roll and the lower roll. As I've lost weight the lower roll has shrunk 5 inches and the top roll shrunk by 2 and 1/2. The lower roll used to be 6 inches bigger than the lower roll. Now they are only 3 1/2 inches different. I call that improvement.
I always assumed it was because of the way I wear pants, too.
wordsthatrhyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5'10"

Aaaand add another one to the list. I am always super jealous of the pictures of people with single rounded bellies. I'm 5'10", size 8-10 and I still have a B belly. My upper roll is actually bigger than my bottom roll at this point (which just exacerbates the problem).

Some of it may be loose skin, but there is definitely still at least a spare bike tire of fat in there. That said, it has gotten noticeably better as I've lost weight, and I am holding out hope, while I may never have a perfect vertical belly button, I may at least have a visible one not hidden by a belly fold.

Last edited by my2cats; 06-16-2013 at 08:41 PM.
my2cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:29 PM   #38  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Sorry, ReillyJ, just saw your question.

This is my everyday favorite - stocked up on ebay for less when i decided i loved it.
www.qvc.com/Kathleen-Kirkwood-Sonic-Slimmers-Down-for-Good-Cami-Search-Results.product.A222999.html?sc=A222999-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-A222999&catentryImage=http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/a/99/a222999.001?$uslarge$

I also have a Spanx hosiery tank and a fabric cami for super shaping, plus a couple tanks from Teez-her that are cotton on the outside. It's cold enough at my work that I'm still wearing the Kathleen Kirkwood camis now.

Last edited by Riddy; 06-17-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 03:27 PM   #39  
New-b

S/C/G: 219/ticker/155

Height: 5ft

B
WannaB2cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 04:39 PM   #40  
Counting bites!

S/C/G: 282/255/130

Height: 5'5"

I've got the "B" belly and it only shrank for me when I got down to about 160 pounds. It was still there but much smaller. Looks like I will have to hit goal or go under goal to get rid of it.
izzyboomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:09 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 232/197/145

Height: 5'4"

Yep, have the B. Contemplating a tummy tuck because of the B
FatAbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 03:29 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I had this too which is why when i had my tummy tuck, I had the fleur de Lys one done. Its where they cut vertically from right Under the breast all the way down and then horizontally like a regular tummy tuck. Its more extensive and leaves more scars but my dr felt that just pulling everything down wouldn't do the trick. PM me if anyone wants to see pictures before making a big decision.
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 10:13 PM   #43  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

I have that kind of stomach and I'm an hourglass (40-28-40) so I don't think that it's the body shape that is causing it. I've had it since I was little, before I got fat. It's just that when I got fat I looked like I had a six-pack made of fat, like the one kaplods described.

There were two rolls of fat under my boobs, two more above my elbow and the last two under my elbow. The first set of rolls has completely disappeared, the second set has mostly disappeared and the third one is going strong. Basically, I'm starting to look like I did before I got fat. That is, there's a tiny protruding tummy (tiny when compared to the rest of me) with a dividing line across my belly button. Except I still have some overhang left and some wrinkling in my lower stomach.
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 11:30 PM   #44  

While I have my own problems with the belly and losing weight on other areas (I have thick tights) I think that if you lose enough weight properly then your stomach will get flat. That is just one of the areas where the body stores the fat and since fat burning cannot be targeted you will have to deplete your fat on other areas before you get a flat belly. I have seen cases which is where this comes from. In some cases you still get to see evidence of weight loss bellow the belly button but that too can go away naturally.
kingw364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 03:20 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingw364 View Post
While I have my own problems with the belly and losing weight on other areas (I have thick tights) I think that if you lose enough weight properly then your stomach will get flat. That is just one of the areas where the body stores the fat and since fat burning cannot be targeted you will have to deplete your fat on other areas before you get a flat belly. I have seen cases which is where this comes from. In some cases you still get to see evidence of weight loss bellow the belly button but that too can go away naturally.
I would have to be UNDERweight for that to happen
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote