Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 11-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #16  

Looking Good enjoy your life and your new body thanks for sharing
jumphigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #17  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Thank you for the kind words, everyone. It's really appreciated.

I received a message from a moderator that someone complained about the pictures so in order not to offend anymore people, I will request to have it removed.

Last edited by Mom3LoveBugs; 11-10-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

Thanks for sharing; your surgeon did amazing work. And congrats on that weightloss! You must be soooo ready for swimsuit season!!
Lakilaulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #19  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Holy wow!! You look FANTASTIC! You've made me start thinking too...
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:07 PM   #20  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post

I know I'm not going to be able to stop thinking about this. I had pretty much decided that I'd never undergo surgery, but these pictures ...
Agreed. I had honestly not considered the surgery for myself figuring that it would just add more scars to a body that looks just fine clothed. But after seeing this...
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #21  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by caryesings View Post
Agreed. I had honestly not considered the surgery for myself figuring that it would just add more scars to a body that looks just fine clothed. But after seeing this...
That is how I felt initially at first too! After really thinking about it, I decided having the scars was not that big of deal to me and a trade off I was willing to make to get rid of the skin. Besides, I had to hide that skin in clothes so it wouldn't be a big deal to hide the scars instead, KWIM?

I have NEVER in my life worn a bikini and that was in no way a driving factor for me... it was all about how I FELT and had nothing to do with how I looked. Like you said, in clothes I looked pretty damn good. That is why I struggled so much with this decision... unlike people who have lost a lot more weight (200 lbs or so), you could physically not see my hanging skin in clothes. With that being said, it really came down to having NOTHING to do with anyone else but myself. This was all for me.
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:21 PM   #22  
2Hot2BFat

S/C/G: 368/344/150

Height: 5'7.5"

You look fantastic!!!!!!
Megan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:32 AM   #23  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Wow, thanks for posting these. You look amazing!

I have to say, I'm also suddenly thrown into the camp of considering surgery. I look a little like your before picture, although to a lesser extent.

I haven't had children yet though, and I think it's best I wait until I'm done having them before I consider anything.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
Thank you for the kind words, everyone. It's really appreciated.

I received a message from a moderator that someone complained about the pictures so in order not to offend anymore people, I will request to have it removed.
That's crazy, what about modifying them a little, and making the circles a little bigger. Some people are much too sensitive. I'm sorry someone complained
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #25  
Just keep swimming!!!

S/C/G: 183/152/140

Height: 5'6"

Amazing Results!!! Does it take along time for the scar to fade? I would love to do my wings on my arms. They bug me along with all my stretch marks...
dorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #26  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

For photographs like this, the context means a great deal. To me, these are primarily medical in intent.

And unlike a lot of photos used in advertising by cosmetic & plastic surgeons, they're unbiased.

I feel this website is a place where I can go for the truth, the absolute real-life lowdown truth on what it's like to deal with being fat in this society, with trying to adopt healthy habits in eating & exercising, with losing weight, with bingeing, with maintaining, with what happens to our bodies when we've lost a lot of weight.

This place helps combat a widespread misconception that if you are obese, and you lose the weight, your life is perfect and your body is perfect and everything's okay forever after.

My loose skin is such a weird thing for me. I feel often that it sets me apart from others around me. I don't see anyone else at our gym in my classes or in the dressing room who has it, because no one there has lost as much weight as me. I work terribly hard. I have muscles like other people who work hard. But I started off fat, so I will never look like them. It's frustrating. But I can come here, and see these photos, and confirm what loose skin looks like. Where else can I do that in an unbiased setting? And there are people popping up in this thread who have the same issue. And it feels so good to know that I am not alone. Because I feel alone with this body thing so often.

Mom3LoveBugs' post and pictures are invaluable to me for that reason. So I hope that will be taken into consideration. Perhaps the photos can be modified a bit more, but please, please, leave them up in all their honesty. It was so brave of her to share them. I love that braveness. I love that impulse to share & confide in us. I love this site for supporting us all in that way.

Last edited by saef; 11-11-2012 at 11:58 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 257/257/145

Height: 5'5"

wow, your results are awesome. Congratulations on the weight loss and taking the brave step to get the surgery. You have inspired me. We're almost the same heighth and our starting weights are close. This is my first week so your pics have given me the motivation to stick to it and get the job done. Thanks, Janet
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
For photographs like this, the context means a great deal. To me, these are primarily medical in intent.

And unlike a lot of photos used in advertising by cosmetic & plastic surgeons, they're unbiased.

I feel this website is a place where I can go for the truth, the absolute real-life lowdown truth on what it's like to deal with being fat in this society, with trying to adopt healthy habits in eating & exercising, with losing weight, with bingeing, with maintaining, with what happens to our bodies when we've lost a lot of weight.

This place helps combat a widespread misconception that if you are obese, and you lose the weight, your life is perfect and your body is perfect and everything's okay forever after.

My loose skin is such a weird thing for me. I feel often that it sets me apart from others around me. I don't see anyone else at our gym in my classes or in the dressing room who has it, because no one there has lost as much weight as me. I work terribly hard. I have muscles like other people who work hard. But I started off fat, so I will never look like them. It's frustrating. But I can come here, and see these photos, and confirm what loose skin looks like. Where else can I do that in an unbiased setting? And there are people popping up in this thread who have the same issue. And it feels so good to know that I am not alone. Because I feel alone with this body thing so often.

Mom3LoveBugs' post and pictures are invaluable to me for that reason. So I hope that will be taken into consideration. Perhaps the photos can be modified a bit more, but please, please, leave them up in all their honesty. It was so brave of her to share them. I love that braveness. I love that impulse to share & confide in us. I love this site for supporting us all in that way.
I agree 100%!!
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

Wow. The results look amazing and make this transformation totally worthwhile. I have been blessed with elastic skin so far, but am deflating upstairs. This got me thinking.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #30  

S/C/G: HW-267/SW-252/ticker/GW-180

Height: 5'2"

You look fabulous! We have fairly similar starting/goal weights and height, so when I saw your pics I called my husband over to show him. We are done having kids, so the plan is for me to get the surgery after I have maintained for a year. This is so inspiring!!
westcoast rosa is offline   Reply With Quote