Settling on a Weight

• So I was wondering, for those of you who are at a healthy weight and are dealing with the "vanity weight" issue, how do you deal with it? Would deciding on, "I'll only try to lose more weight for X amount of weeks longer and then I'll end it there and just maintain" be a good solution? Or is it best to just keep trying to lose the few vanity pounds that don't seem to come off?
  • good question!

I'm still trying to figure that one out myself.

As someone who has never been thin, I don't have anything to gauge as to what works for my body.

I am 150 lbs currently (and have been for quite some time) and I work out a lot so I'm rather muscular but I would LOVE to be between 140 - 145 lbs. I am getting a Mommy Makeover in October so this is my goal to achieve before then.
  • I'm struggling with this issue myself. I feel I"m probably at the right weight already but I am not sure whether I should really push to lose those last few pounds or not. I just started Chalean Extreme and having listened to Chalene talk about the whole concept of gaining muscle and having a 'tighter' bod is making me re-think the whole 'numbers' thing.

I need to let go and stop obsessing about a weight number. If I gain muscle then I'm going to be heavier, it really should be about how I feel and look, than what I weigh.

So, having lost more body fat % in the last month since I've weighed, I should be encouraged by that, (even if my actual weight hasn't changed) because for me it is now about body composition.

It's still tough, but I'm trying to change my obsessive thinking.
  • Me too! I got down to 142 and stayed at 142-145 for months. I do a lot of heavy liftig so I assumed some was muscle. My BF stayed at around 24% which was too high so I started focusing on reducing that. Left the calories and other macros alone but increased the cardio. I lost 4 more lbs in a month and continue to lose. It cycles. I can sit still for the longest time and one little tweak gets it moving again. I assume it will stop when it is suppsod to but I still sit at 24% BF.
  • I've been half-heartedly trying but not really trying to lose more. I might be OK at this weight since it's relatively easy to maintain. No solid game plan.
  • Quote: Me too! I got down to 142 and stayed at 142-145 for months. I do a lot of heavy liftig so I assumed some was muscle. My BF stayed at around 24% which was too high so I started focusing on reducing that. Left the calories and other macros alone but increased the cardio. I lost 4 more lbs in a month and continue to lose. It cycles. I can sit still for the longest time and one little tweak gets it moving again. I assume it will stop when it is suppsod to but I still sit at 24% BF.
    I know BF is something personal for everyone but 24% is actually a bit lower than normal, just sayin'. 25-31% (depending where you go for your info) is average for women and 21-24% is considered fitness. Good luck with whatever you decide!
  • I've actually decided to maintain 10lbs above my goal for now. I actually have never (healthily) been able to get my weight before 135 and it kind of drives me crazy trying. I get in this head space of constantly feeling bad about myself and dieting with no results..which sucks!

I'm trying to focus on eating well and doing cardio and lifting.