Pear shaped ladies, talk to me!

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • aleigh3890: Yes! Finding tadasana in every asana is exactly how I've been trained, but I didn't realize it would help with the above knee area. Well there's one more reason to have active legs huh? If equanimity and making it through the eye of the storm isn't enough, I'm thinking over-knee-hang! Love it!
  • i too am pear shape or a hybrid of some kind and on top of that a larger then normal bone structure,let me tell you there is such thing as big boned unfortunately.. i have wide shoulders and wide hips both more bony then fat(normal 28inch waist and small boobs).. i am very insecure because of them..even when i lose weight i still look wide from the front because of my bones.. once i was 123lbs (lowest i've ever been) and i went to try on jeans in a very chic popular store for young adults and the jeans where so tight on me, the girl at the store said that was the larges pair they supplied ..yeah it made me feel like crap even though i lost all that weight..even at my lowest i still felt to big because of my hips being so wide.

i hate having a big frame and having wide shoulders and hips :<
  • I could call it final goal weight if it weren't for my hips and thighs too. To lose the thighs I should lose about 10 pounds more (I am at 114, 5 ft), but I am afraid if I go on losing I may lose the little that is left of my boobs! So I thought I would maintain for about three months and build muscle before I go in for another round of losing. I also plan to do research on cavitation and other non-invasive procedures to help lose thigh fat. Have you tried that? That is not too expensive where I live, so maybe that is a way out. Any info on this?
  • inglesita64: I don't but I'm starting to think about looking into procedures, finances allowing. Report back if you hear anything!
  • I'm super pear shaped! My upper body is looking better all the time but my legs are a mess.. especially when you see them in a certain light and the cellulite/skin cast a shadow.. eugh. I'm really hoping they get better/stop rubbing together.. I'd like to wear a nice dress this Summer! Here's hoping.
  • I want to second, third, fourth the weight suggestion. I'm training again, and I do about twice as many body weight or weighted exercises for the lower body as I do for the abs or the upper body. The way I see it, I can't fight my shape, so I might as well flaunt full but firm thighs. Also, they're the largest muscle group in my body, so if they're bangin', they're burning TONS of calories for me.

But yeah - the thighs have some hail damage. One word: sarong.

• LOL Hail damage; I need to remember that.
  • Quote: Have you tried weight training? I was a pear when I was heavy, but as I lost weight with strength and weight training it helped balance me out and I was an hourglass.

I still have thick thighs (my waist is 24" and my thighs are 20"!) but I think they're mainly muscle at this point. If you poke them you have a small layer of extra skin and then BAM hard stuff. I probably just kept all the muscle I had from being obese because I weight trained and did lots of spinning allll the way down.
    I vote for weight training. And squats and lunges, all variations.

I am a pear. I think. I am not really sure anymore. I have big thighs, but I am looking a little more hourglass these days. My legs are looking better with the squats and lunges (and walking uphill).

I've got a ways to go, bt my thighs are down about 3.5 inches since I started. They were about 27 or 28, and now they are 24-5.

I always *thought* I had saddlebags, but in reality, most of my flab is on my inner-thighs. It is pretty solid on the outer thighs.