lipo before a wedding?

• I have managed about 20 pounds of loss, and plan to lose quite a bit more over the year. However, my daughter is getting married in June, and I am considering lipo of my tummy ( and maybe upper arms) this month.
    I am uncomfortable being this vain. BUT: the wedding photos will be around forever. I have been taking photos as I try on Mother of the Bride dresses, and while some look ok, I Do still look fat. Less fat, but fat none the less.
    I think some sculpting would help.
    Is is way too soon?
    What happens a year or two later? With further weight loss?
    Where does fat settle later?
    The cosmetic surgery sites don't seem to address these issues.
    thanks
  • I wouldn't. I have a friend that had lipo while she was still overweight and now that she's losing more, her skin looks VERY lumpy. It looked good when it was first done, but it's a mess now . Just keep on truckin'. It'll be ok!
  • Body wraps work good for short term inches lost. I think it lasts about a week. That might be a good alternative.
  • I would not go for the surgery. If you really stick to your weight loss plan and try exercising those problem areas you may get the same effect. It takes 6-8 weeks for the swelling to go down after liposuction. When you gain weight or lose weight after liposuction is may not go back in the same areas or it may look worse, I think it is totally individual. My old boss had it done, and I noticed only a small change. Whatever choice you make just be prepared to wear the binder for atleast 6 weeks-very uncomfortable but that may be worth it to you
  • I have had lipo and the recovery is HEINOUS! I don't think you have enough time to recover between now and a June wedding. Also, it is absolutely true that you gain back the weight in different areas. I had my tummy lipo'd and the weight came back in my bust and upper back and I hated it. So be very very careful.