Excess skin removal surgery scheduled!!!

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I have scheduled my surgery to have the excess skin removed!!! I am so excited and so nervous! I will be have a full circumferential, which means they cut all the way around to not only get the skin on my abdomen and hips, but it will also mean a butt and outer thigh life (although I have very little extra skin on my outer thighs - my body just does not carry it that way).

The doc expects to remove 8-10 pounds of skin and will be lipo-ing more.
  • I am so happy for you! I can't even imagine how excited you are. I wish you the best experience and the speediest of recoveries! Please tell us all about it when you are done!
  • Congrats!!! That is amazing! Make sure you come back to tell us how it went!
  • So great!!! I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible, with as easy as possible a recovery as well!! and then onto a whole new you!
    I remember reading your 200-pound post and just read your blog... Thank you for sharing your story there, what an incredible couple of years it has been for you!
  • So glad for you, hope everything goes well!!
  • So basically, you're at goal!! CONGRATS!
  • That is so exciting! Hope you have a speedy recovery and see the results you want! Good luck!
  • Come back and tell us all about it. We want facts !
  • Best of luck for you and hopefully you'll have a quick healing process!!!!
  • Congratulations! I read your blog and must say you're an inspiration.

F.
  • So happy for you - all the best!
  • Thanks everyone! The surgery is tomorrow! I'll let everyone know how it goes. The doctor has repeatedly told me that I'll have a completely flat stomach. That is so hard for me to believe!

I still see myself as weighing over 200 pounds. My brain hasn't yet caught up to my body!
  • wow i am breathless reading this! I am also considering this... I have gone from 260 to 160... I also notice a lot of loose wrinkly skin on my boobs (but I think that surgery is harder to do...)

anyways I might schedule a consultation... I would be interested to hear how yours goes. I hope you are doing ok!!!

• Just letting everyone know that surgery went off without a hitch. I'm very uncomfortable and sore but not in severe pain. The pain pump helps that.

Details will follow...
  • Quote: Just letting everyone know that surgery went off without a hitch. I'm very uncomfortable and sore but not in severe pain. The pain pump helps that.

Details will follow...
    So glad it's done and went without a hitch. Continued healing vibes being sent your way!!!