Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 11-29-2011, 07:48 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensualappeal View Post
I'd have to say your rule #2 works completely opposite for me. When I wear too tight pants I automatically put myself in a terrible mood which makes me more prone to overeating and maybe even binging because of the sad mood.
I find that the best pants for me are the ones that are snug enough to remind me that maintaining my weight is a priority for me, but not so tight that they induce a muffin top or camel toe. Since I have a relatively loose tummy, I will often wear shapeware as assurance since it's hard for me to wear snug pants that won't induce a muffin top in any position. It also helps with the reminder factor.

Oh, and the pretend/role playing thing? I have *so* done that (and I'm 50!)! But it was usually when I was very actively exercising. Now that I use a treadmill desk, I'm just browsing the web as I exercise and I haven't really been pushing myself very often.

Last edited by yoyoma; 11-29-2011 at 07:49 AM.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:23 AM   #17  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertTabby View Post

And going off the roleplaying aspect, I admit I do this too! It doesn't help that I am a gamer either! Heck, sometimes I even imagine it as 'leveling' my character (must increase endurance/stamina! Must increase strength! Must increase agility!) And sometimes I even think of it as a montage from movies...(even Rocky had a montage! ) Or that I am readying myself for the apocalypse/zombie invasion/vampire infestation/war.
I'm a big gamer and I LOVE this! Increase my stamina and strength, level up and prepare for the zombie apocalypse!

In Zombieland, Columbus' rule #1 was cardio after all!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:56 AM   #18  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I sometimes imagine I'm a character, too. When I'm hoopdancing and I do some moves, I feel like a samurai warrior and sometimes I pretend I'm a ballet dancer. I always wanted to be a ballet dancer!

I really like to use positive affirmations to encourage my weight loss.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:12 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 170/153/??

Height: 5'9"

I often pretend while running that I am either:

a) a soldier that must run to the next city and warn the people

b) a pro female soccer player that plays on a pro male team - and Manuel Neuer, the goalkeeper, is in love with me (best German goalkeeper EVER).

I really like this thread!
Unna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:48 AM   #20  

Wow I love this thread. I'm definitely going to encourage the charactor aspect for my workouts.

With my belly dancing workouts, I would wear the hip sash and pretend I was this sexy goddess seducing her prey. I felt so sexy and so inspired. But always avoided the mirror during this - talk about a buzz kill if I'd catch a glimps lol.
Teleutesl is offline   Reply With Quote