Called "fat" more often AFTER losing weight

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • It's a button they know they can push and get at you. Teenagers are inherently self-conscious and some take it out on others to make them feel better about themselves. No matter how thin you are, that will never change, so just be happy with yourself. You can't please some people and there's no reason to try to.
  • Thanks a lot for the input, guys! I've deduced that I probably could stand to lose another 20 lb or so... and that whiny teenagers can suck it.
  • I would seriously pummel the teenager who said this to me. What the bleep is wrong with some people?!

It sounds like you have a good sense of humor though. If it happens again, I think you should say something like "you should have seen me in '09!" It's hilarious and will probably catch them off guard. THEN you can pummel them, haha
  • I know what this is. It happened to me too. Someone has explained it to me.
    If you're at a way larger weight- they don't insult you because they assume that you know that you're fat.
    When you're smaller, you're in that borderline territory where they think you should know you're fat so they'll tell you.
    Some teenagers are just mean. They'll do what they can to bring you down. I just brushed it off.
  • I'm a teen - I'm shocked that anyone would EVER say something like what you guys are all describing! Be strong, all of you.
  • Wtfudge,
    I don't think you have to lose any more, or much more depending on your body type. My doctor told me at the same height as you, that my goal weight is 155-165. But I have a solidly built frame. Perhaps you need to focus on toning instead of losing weight, thus making your thick legs slimmer. Part of weight loss is also building muscle, and that weighs more than fat. Be strong and confident in yourself, and screw those worthless d-bags, who wouldn't know a real women if she kicked them in the nuts.
  • im 24 and 276 currently, when i was in my teens and 170ish (im about an inch shorter or less than you) guys bullied me alot and there were alot of fat jokes. but when i got bigger i couldnt keep the men away lol. i guess 170 was just an awkward weight for me where as skinny or fat looks better than awkwardly chubby? no idea but since getting big i havent been single for long, ive always had long term relationships, one of which im in now. but at 170 i was ugly fat? i have no clue. i think alot of taller girls have an awkward weight maybe?

not that im saying youre at an awkward weight! just commenting on some of the things and ideas ppl ahve said in this thread lol at your height and weight youre probably a stick. im aiming for 150 and im 5'8 so roughly my goal is what you are already at. ppl are just judgemental and envious
  • lol I concur with the toning thing. I'm positive that if I was 18% body fat versus the 29ish% I usually am, even at the same "weight," I'd look a lot better. I guess I do need to tone, and I promise I am not a stick! I had a flat-ish belly a few days after running 3 miles, and that was awesome, but that was last week, and the belly fat and thigh fat is conspicuous -_-

Thanks a lot for the pro-tips! I feel like while I am acknowledging that I don't have the perfect body and that there is still some work that needs to be done, you can't please everybody. There will be unhappy people, chubby-chasers and skinny-chasers and like... Omg, to **** with chasers :P