Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 07-19-2011, 12:04 PM   #16  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmom View Post
I didn't have a tremendous amount of weight to lose BUT I was pregnant twice so I can relate about the fear of stretch marks. I used cocoa butter from the moment I found I was pregnant - religiously, morning and night. Well, after two babies, I don't have one stretch mark, seriously. I know if you address the stretch marks while they are still fresh and pink-looking they are easier to fade. Once they turn white, it's not as easy. That's what my doctor told me. Hope this helps. Good luck!
It wasn't the cream - it was genetics. Everyone who didn't get them swears by the cream, but I can assure you every pregnant woman I know used cream religiously (if they believed in it) and they still got stretch marks if they were prone to getting them. I keep saying someone should a 50/50 cream/no cream on their belly to prove or disprove this myth. (and yes, doctors spread myths too - they don't study stretch mark prevention in medical school).
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:20 PM   #17  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
It wasn't the cream - it was genetics. Everyone who didn't get them swears by the cream, but I can assure you every pregnant woman I know used cream religiously (if they believed in it) and they still got stretch marks if they were prone to getting them. I keep saying someone should a 50/50 cream/no cream on their belly to prove or disprove this myth. (and yes, doctors spread myths too - they don't study stretch mark prevention in medical school).
I truly believe it was both, sorry to respectfully disagree. The cream kept my skin very silky as opposed to dry. As I previously mentioned, I was not very heavy to begin with and only gained 25 and 20 lbs. respectfully with the two pregnancies but I digress, lol.

It would be interesting to see the results of a study like that if they conducted one. A lot of women could benefit from the findings IMO.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote