Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 07-04-2011, 12:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Wink Boobs and weight loss

I was wondering if others have experienced serious sagging/loose skin problems as related to boobs after losing weight. I am 24, my starting weight was 222 @ a 42 DD and my GW is 140 and I believe that I will be a C cup then. I am looking to see (well not really see but find out, lol) how bad the sagging is after weight loss. I have drooping problems (sorry guys) as it is and I wanted to know if it will stay the same.
Sunshine87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:55 AM   #2  

Unfortunately, no two people are alike and there are no generalities.

Not even a physician can tell you how your body will respond to weight loss.

You'll just have to wait and see how things play out.
beginme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:22 AM   #3  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

I can only speak for myself but --- The bad news is they look like half deflated balloons. You know the kind that have been hanging out on the mailbox for 3 days past its prime? But the good news is that because I had become a "sagger" in my early 30's anyway there is just less to sag now. And I actually prefer that.

The men I date are the age where they expect this from someone my age (late 30's) anyway so it doesn't bother me in that aspect. But I wouldn't say no to plastic surgery if it was offered!

Yeah, no real advice because everyone loses weight differently. Exactly what beginme said!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:15 PM   #4  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Quote:
The bad news is they look like half deflated balloons. You know the kind that have been hanging out on the mailbox for 3 days past its prime?

OP, I've noticed that while they initially deflated the way ShanIam describes above, they have firmed up substantially (can wear no bra camsoles now) since I've started rubbing pure organic coconut oil and pure vitamin E oil on and around them. They are still very small (from 38D to 34b), but are actually looking pretty nice as of recently.
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

I will say "time" is on your side. When I had my daughter when I was only 26she was 11 lbs and I nursed and my bust went to a 52 DD and it went back to normal size withing a year and didn't sag and didn't have stretch marks. Now that I am 53, a little different story. lol
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 287/175/180

Went from 42DD to 38DDD (explain that!- boobs were the last to go for me.) to now, 34C.

They look much better now. Kind of the same shape, but smaller so it makes them seem higher. They seem less droopy. I'm 33. It's going to be different for each individual as others mentioned, but could go either way. I would not consider surgery.
k8yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
I can only speak for myself but --- The bad news is they look like half deflated balloons. You know the kind that have been hanging out on the mailbox for 3 days past its prime?
Love it!

I hope that I can be as lucky as some of you. At 24 (yes, now I am 24), deflated balloons on the side of mailbox are just unacceptable. However, I would not get surgery...unless of course I married a plastic surgeon. LOL.
Sunshine87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #8  
Fat Chick on a Mission

S/C/G: 216/ticker/150

Height: 5ft 3in

Unfortunately there is no way to know ahead of time whether you'll have this problem. Being younger helps because your skin naturally has more collagen and elasticity than later in life, but even youth doesn't make everyone immune.

Once the damage is done it is all but impossible to undo it without surgery, and then you're just trading sag for scars

Your best bet is to start now and try to prevent it. Get yourself a good moisturizer, something with collagen added. The stuff joyfulloser suggested has been used forever by women to prevent sag and stretchmarks from the fast swell/deflate of preggie bellies and people swear by it, so it couldn't hurt to try them either
dragonlady1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:03 PM   #9  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

I've got some sagging, but I attribute that more to having given birth to and nursed 6 children, not to mention gravity and age. The way I look at it is that I'd rather have saggy boobs than all the excess weight and the associated health risks. After all, there's Victoria's Secret to help with the sags!
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:46 PM   #10  

S/C/G: >138/124/114

Height: 5'4"

As everyone else has mentioned, no one can predict the future (but don't we love trying?).

I would treat myself to a fitting and some beautiful lingerie as I lost the weight. Most women wear improperly fitted bras (thanks VS!! /endsarcasm)
Here are some great resources:
Invest In Your Chest
Size 80B (36B) Does Not Exist
The Lingerie Addict
How To Fit Your Bra
How o fit Your Bra (different and more in-depth method)
The last one is, IMHO, one of the best methods for bra fitting.

I wish you well on your journey, and good luck with your boobs!

Last edited by Esenin; 07-06-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Esenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:19 AM   #11  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

hey i went from a 40 E-F at 269lbs , to a 36-38 DD-E at 205-210 lbs (round 1).

then gained back to 225, and now im at 204, and at a 36DD. boobs were the last to go, but they went . although no sagging!
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:32 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 210/209/174

Height: 5ft 10

I have sagging and there's something of a deflated-balloon look which is more noticeable when lying down. But I was a G cup in the past and I'm 47. I think in my case losing weight, regaining most of it then losing it again 9 years later made things much worse. I'm very glad I've lost the weight anyway: viewing everything as a whole, I look and feel better overall. Even at my age I've noticed some loose skin improvements after maintaining for a year, particularly my neck - the boobs I'm less sure about so any tightening there might be slight. I'm sure the chances are better for many younger women though.

Last edited by lora m; 07-07-2011 at 11:33 AM.
lora m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:02 PM   #13  

Height: 5'5

Since you are in the process of losing weight, you might consider going to a health food store and buying a skin product designed to be used during weight change.

"Mother's Special Blend" is a blend of oils that is marketed for women who are expanding and contracting due to pregnancy.

I don't think oil is absolutely proven--but I really doubt it hurts your skin.

Also, Jojoba oil is supposed to be closest to your skin's natural oils, so that might also be a good idea.

You should, if you choose to use it, use it during the weight loss process. Don't wait till after.
Stopfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:59 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 285/169/Ticker

Height: 5'6"

A lot of people seem to have exp. decent boob changes.. I wish I could say the same! I've already lost a cup size. (Starting weight: 225lbs; Starting bra size: 38D (sometimes DD)). Now I'm at 192 lbs and 36 C. I've already begun to notice sagging. At this rate, I know I'm going to be a B or A by the time I reach my goal.
shellofself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:38 PM   #15  
Jeri

S/C/G: 286/142.6/150/new goal 140

Height: 5-4

I'm not sure what size I was when I started, but about 40 lbs down I was a 38H. Then I went to a 36 G. Now I have bras that are both 32 Hs and 32GGs. So, my cup size hasn't really changed, but the volume of the breast has (because a 32H is actually smaller cup size by volume than a 32H). Anyhow, my breasts have never been perky (I've been wearing a bra since I was 8 and was stuffing myself into a C cup by 6th grade, though I was probably at least a D cup by then!), but they do sag a lot more since I've lost weight. Part of that is that I no longer have a large upper stomach to help prop them up. They do look stretched out and hang down a lot, but I've also had three kids and breastfed all of them (though pregnancy seemed to hurt them far more than breastfeeding did). I'm hoping to get my insurance company to pay for a reduction at some point, and then I might finally get to have the perky boobs I always wanted.
eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote