Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 06-11-2011, 10:35 AM   #16  
amber

S/C/G: 318/288.8/220

Height: 5'5"

Yep, I think you're thinking too much about it. And IF anyone is "offended" it's simply because they aren't doing anything for themselves. Not so much offended by you, but just knowing you did it and they can they just choose not to.

I love all my friends dearly, most are skinny, beautiful girls. I've always been heavy, but I've never felt inadequate, nor have they ever made me feel anything but good about myself- always pointing out my positives and now all so excited to see me working and losing weight.

I do have one bigger friend, who wants to lose weight but she is simply too lazy. I don't show her my weight loss pics, or tell her how much I've lost. I tried once to show her pics and I got "cool". So, I leave it alone. But, I'm not going to go out feeling less sexy to make her feel better. Only SHE CAN CHANGE herself. Basically, I don't flaunt it, but I'm not going to dumb myself down- especially with all my hard work.
ButterCup85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:35 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/149.5/140

Height: 5'6''

Wow, I can relate to this!

I never worried about dressing up, wearing makeup, or doing my hair when I was obese.

Now I love all three of these things! I'm not saying that people who don't care about those thing have bad self-esteem, but for me, that was definately the case.

Now that I love my body, I want to take care of it and show it off.

Go get it, girl. Don't worry about offending people with your newfound sense of style. You deserve to look hott!
NewGirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote