3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/body-image-issues-after-weight-loss-219/)
-   -   Good Tee to hide arm flab (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/body-image-issues-after-weight-loss/231879-good-tee-hide-arm-flab.html)

jcmmfolz 04-26-2011 11:15 AM

Good Tee to hide arm flab

Does anyone know a brand of tee shirt that would not be to baggy yet the sleeves would be long enough and fit snug to help hide some arm flab. It sucks summer is here and I feel as if I can't wear t-shirts to the gym because I get to self conscious. I know there has to be something out there. Any suggestions are welcome. I was thinking about getting a arm band for the top of my arm to hold it up. Has anyone ever tried something like that. Mine is bad but ive seen worse. I have about a inch of loose skin hanging from a few inches above my elbows to the arm pit. It gets worse towards the arm pit and not as bad towards the elbow. When I put on a regular tee it covers it pretty good but its so baggy and the sleeves are baggy as well.

bargoo 04-26-2011 11:21 AM

I wear 3/4 length sleeves. You have to look atound a bit to find them, but they do the job and don't look bad at all.

WendeeLou 04-26-2011 11:32 AM

Oooh OOhh OOhhh!! I just bought an under armour tee shirt that has a little longer than average short sleeves.. and it is perfect for that! If you have a sports apparel store near you look for the under armour and the shirt was called a "loose" shirt so you might want to get a size smaller than your norm.. but I LOVE it, if I could wear it every day to the gym, I would. Plus, its the absorbant material! Love love love it!

Prism21 04-27-2011 01:05 PM

I have to 2nd the Under Armour suggestion. It is all I wear to the gym. I have bought every single color I can get my hands onto. LOL The Loose is very flattering in the arms and everywhere actually.

WendeeLou, you are so cute. Love your avatar!

jcmmfolz 04-28-2011 01:32 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I will definatly look for the Under Armour.

thinin08 05-03-2011 06:58 PM

I buy all my t shirts from Land's End. Just google.

WendeeLou 05-03-2011 07:03 PM

thanks girlfriend!

Good luck!! <333

BlueGirl15 05-04-2011 02:19 AM

Jc
I have the same problem as you and I want to hide my arms. I try to look for shirts that reach my elbows. I found a few on oldnavy.com and as I was looking for other similiar shirts I found some on victoriassecret.com. They're called elbow sleeve shirts.

bluemonday 05-15-2011 02:53 PM

Oh. I have the same issue. I just looked these up but they are poly and I need cotton ones. Poly exercise gear sets off my texture issues and totally squicks me out.

jcmmfolz 05-20-2011 01:47 PM

Thanks BlueGirl15. I ordered one of those Elbow Sleeve tees from Amazon. They look like they will work good for my situation.