Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 07-26-2010, 09:43 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 255/144 and maintaining

Height: 5'9

This thread makes me sad. You all look absolutely beautiful. I got to goal and decided to lose a few more pounds just for my belly, but WOW, I'm beginning to think there's something seriously wrong with my stomach. I can't even post pictures but TRUST me, mine looks NOTHING like any of yours and I'm 5'9 and in the 140s at the moment. Sighhh.
jkinboston89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:38 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 235/149/135

Height: 5'5

does it at least look a little better? i'm just not sure...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo 24.jpg (19.1 KB, 430 views)
File Type: jpg Photo 34.jpg (21.6 KB, 417 views)
elleohelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:12 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 240/188/130

Height: 5'6"

This is a bit unrelated, but has anyone also noticed a difference in their breasts after weightloss?

I've lost about 50lbs and of course you lose weight in your breasts first, but I was starting to notice that they are turning into deflated balloons. I have another 40lbs to go and I can't imagine the state of my boobs if I make it to my goal.

Lol...no boob pics necessary :P
ladycarbivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:26 AM   #64  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I've heard quite a few here compare their boobs to a tennis ball in the bottom of a sock, so I would guess it's happening to others as well.

I've lucked out and lost only a inch off my boobs so far, It's my lower half that's losing the most weight.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:31 AM   #65  

I am getting the ball in a sock effect. I'm 27 and it's killing me, my boobs look 90 . They weren't great to begin with, but now they're worse and I can't afford to have them fixed. Ever.

And I have been told in the exercise section that no exercise or weight lifting techniquie will help either.

Pretty bras DO NOT cut it for me. The minute the bra comes off, they hit my knees ,and I feel like slicing the damn things off just to be rid of them. Same goes for the lower belly fat.

Last edited by honeythorn; 07-31-2010 at 07:31 AM.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:08 AM   #66  
The Last 10lbs!

I can see a difference elle! Definitely in your lower stomach, it looks tighter!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:40 AM   #67  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

I'm around your height and at 140.
If you click on my profile you'll see a full
body image of me. I've never complained
much about my stomach because the weight
is mostly in my chunky legs.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:08 AM   #68  
Bella Signora ♥

Since all of you brave ladies posted, I will too!

Height: 5'5'' Weight: 140-ish lbs Age: 15 years old

Like I said, most of the weight is
in my very chunky legs!
Old 08-02-2010, 08:24 AM   #69  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieM View Post
I've heard quite a few here compare their boobs to a tennis ball in the bottom of a sock, so I would guess it's happening to others as well.

I've lucked out and lost only a inch off my boobs so far, It's my lower half that's losing the most weight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
I am getting the ball in a sock effect. I'm 27 and it's killing me, my boobs look 90 . They weren't great to begin with, but now they're worse and I can't afford to have them fixed. Ever.

And I have been told in the exercise section that no exercise or weight lifting techniquie will help either.

Pretty bras DO NOT cut it for me. The minute the bra comes off, they hit my knees ,and I feel like slicing the damn things off just to be rid of them. Same goes for the lower belly fat.
I just went bra shopping and was asking the lady about giving the boobs a lift. I tried a few different bras, but it was like all it was doing was pushing up skin. So sad! So I ended up with a full coverage bra that gives me no cleavage, and I've got the goods darnit!

I may post tummy pics. You guys are just too awesome!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:03 PM   #70  
Never ending story

S/C/G: 213/160/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Shar pei puppies are cute, unlike my stomach and boobs.
LouisaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:28 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I'm 15 lbs away from goal, and have lost almost 90 lbs. I'm 26, but unfortunately my skin doesn't have youthful bounceback qualities I hoped for.

My stomach still has a panni, though it is deflated, so more a hanging skinflap, it is wrinkled, especially at the bottom, there is no way this will fix itself, no matter how much weight I loose. When I lay on my side there is a pool of skin next to me, I should mention I was an apple shape before.

My boobs are also deflated balloons, the nipples point straight downwards, but with a good bra at least this isn't noticeable when fully clothed!

I have no idea how people in my situation find bathing suits, I really wanted to swim this summer, but no swimming suit has been able to keep the flap at bay.
Quillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:21 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 240/188/130

Height: 5'6"

"My stomach still has a panni, though it is deflated, so more a hanging skinflap, it is wrinkled, especially at the bottom, there is no way this will fix itself, no matter how much weight I loose.

My boobs are also deflated balloons, the nipples point straight downwards, but with a good bra at least this isn't noticeable when fully clothed!"

Quillie,

I hear you on this one, but my question to you is what your thoughts are about plastic surgery? I think that depending on how badly I felt about the loose skin once I've maintained my goal weight and won't be having kids I might think about a tummy tuck. I'm not completely sold on it because it is a major surgery and I'd hate to have the results worse than when I went in.

Does your significant other mind your new body and skin? Despite the loose skin are you happy about your weight loss? It's a bit of a double edged sword.
ladycarbivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:48 PM   #73  
I love my muscles!

S/C/G: 169/149/135

Height: 5' 5 1/4"

I don't know if this is helpful to you or not...I'm not done losing weight yet, but weighed in at 154 this morning.

I lost 49 lbs from my highest weight (pregnant). I had 2 C-Sections and 2 9 pounder babies I have an "apron" of skin that hangs down (you can see the bulge in my undies ) I have stretch marks on my legs and thighs all over from growing so much while pregnant....But my 2 precious babies were worth it. I am quite certain I'm going to have to lose quite a bit extra weight to make up for the loose skin in my belly, but am considering a tummy tuck after I lose the rest,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stomach 2 aug 3 10.jpg (17.7 KB, 246 views)
File Type: jpg stomach1.jpg (18.5 KB, 193 views)

Last edited by pinkflower; 08-03-2010 at 07:51 PM.
pinkflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:48 PM   #74  
Bella Signora ♥

@sun & pinkflower - I have some stretch marks too
from being plain overweight as a kid.

@pinkflower - I think you look great for having two kids!

@sun - And for being 5'1'' and 157 lbs I really think you look great!

Last edited by Ciao; 08-03-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:52 AM   #75  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

It's nice seeing real women with real bodies, I love this thread.

You can't really see it in the photo's that I posted, but I have the same stretch marks as someone who's had a child, and that's just from gaining a lot of weight rapidly after high school. (And not noticing until I stepped on a scale and got smacked in the face with reality)

If only I was more self aware...

I'm only a couple pounds down from my stomach pic, but now I'm seeing that the stretch marks are more noticeable and the scars from my old belly buttom piercings are starting to pop out. My lower stomach has this weird line that's about two inches long going across it under my belly button.

I'm hoping moisturizing, trying a body scrub, and weight training will help. Those are the main ones I've seen. I might pick up some more bio oil to help with the stretch marks, I heard it's effective if they aren't too old (Mine are about 5 years I think?)

Last edited by StephanieM; 08-04-2010 at 10:52 AM.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote