3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/body-image-issues-after-weight-loss-219/)
-   -   Saggy Boobs (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/body-image-issues-after-weight-loss/201152-saggy-boobs.html)

MelloFatto 05-05-2010 05:27 PM

Saggy Boobs

So, I've heard with weight loss your boobs sag? Is this true, and if so, is it preventable?

mescelestus 05-05-2010 05:32 PM

You are young...as am I...my boobs shrunk (not that much)...and they are not as perky as they used to be, but they don't sag enough to bother me. Of course results will vary person to person. I think one of the most important things is make sure you have A LOT of support at all times but ESPECIALLY when you work out. The best thing I have found is to wear a normal firm cup bra, with a tight sports bra over it. This will prevent gravity from doing its thing while you are bouncing around.

roxmysox 05-05-2010 05:36 PM

I'm worried about the girls, too. I'm 28 and have been through weight gain and loss, pregnancy and breastfeeding for 26 months- now losing again. It's taking an obvious toll.

My grandmother always told me to wear a bra at all times to help, but they are still heading further and further south every year! They are huge though, and I'm sure that makes a big difference.

If there is way to combat it, I haven't heard about it yet!

sweetnlow28 05-07-2010 10:01 AM

I have noticed the girls becoming flat and heading south..sigh. I have had two children and breast fed one. They were slightly saggy after the second child. I used to be a 42D - DD depending on the bra. I have shrunk to a 34C and they are getting flatter and looking a bit lower. I still look ok with a bra on though. I think a lot depends on how much of your breast is tissue and how much is fat. You will lose some of the fat but not the tissue inside the fat. I hope genetics don't matter very much because my grandma's breasts start half way down her chest and hang in her lap!

lauralyn 05-07-2010 12:23 PM

Just having had a mammogram recently I have learned that my breasts have hardly any fat in them anymore...*sigh*

Terre 05-07-2010 03:03 PM

Mine are flat and hang...not just sag. But they have excellent bras that will help. But I am an old married woman..I am 35 been married almost 19years. Hubby doesnt care what my boobs look like. He saw em when I was 16 too lol

MaddiesMom 05-07-2010 03:07 PM

I think part of it is genetics too. I've lost almost 70 pounds and my chest size hasn't changed at all. The cup size has stayed the same and everything. I agree that it depends on how much is fat and how much is tissue. I had a baby and breastfed before starting to lose the weight. So, it's not like losing weight automatically means your boobs sag.

Issa 05-11-2010 01:44 PM

Heres hoping my genes are good! :)

Shmead 05-11-2010 07:40 PM

I don't know if it's any consolation, but big, plump boobs can sag every bit as much as deflated boobs. They don't look any better. Trust me. So you might as well lose weight!