Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 05-21-2009, 08:26 AM   #31  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Count me in the "go sleeveless" group.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:17 AM   #32  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

I live in a REALLY hot place and I see people all the time hiding their arms and being misarable. LET them enjoy the air if you are cofortable I have really toned arms now and LOVE to show thm off BUT have always wore TANKS!!!!!
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:24 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 172/161/140

Height: 5'7

if there's one thing i could change about my body it'd be the lunch lady arms =) .. kinda a bad refernce but that's what i've always called em. i never wore sleeveless shirts around guys cause i always felt like omg my arms are gonna be bigger than theirs. while my body's proportioned, kinda hour glassy, my arms have always been the hardest. however lately, i kinda feel like i'm bettering myself and I know it, so I don't care if you know it. and if others don't like it, don't look..or i'll hit ya in the face with my flab. lol. either way ladies, we're all here to better ourselves for OURSELVES. just be happy with who you are, confidence is contagious!
Pnut Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:23 PM   #34  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Just reporting back mid summer... but I've been going sleeveless all the time, especially with several days in the triple digits! Haha. I've even worn halter sun dresses, etc. I'm really happy that I just got over it because I would have been so miserable if I had to cover up in this kind of heat... haha
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:27 PM   #35  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I'm glad you got over it! I go sleeveless a lot and I don't think I will know what to do when the weather gets cooler
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:42 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

In middle school this kid told me my arms were too fat for sleeeveless and i abandon like 20 shirts I owned for about 2 years. Now I figure it's stupid to listen to what other people say. It's about how you feel. My cutest tops are sleeveless; I rock them all the time!

Last edited by Aclai4067; 07-17-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:33 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

If you want to go sleeveless because the weather is hot, please do so. I have sometimes thought about how others might not like looking at my flabby arms but then I remember the woman in white capris who was wearing striped underwear that we could all see, the young girl in front of me at a check out line whose skirt was sooooo short I could actually see her crotch (she did have on underwear thank goodness but none the less), and the young man who wore a t-shirt with the F word on it while I was grocery shopping with my then little children. etc etc. I just say to myself, if they can go out in public like that then I can certainly be comfortable in the hot weather.

I hope you get my point....

Enjoy!

ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:20 PM   #38  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

ANewCreation, you make an excellent point. I love the short skirt reference. eeks!
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:55 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 213/165/140

Height: 5'8"

It took me a long time to get over this, too. I hate my upper arms, but when it's hot, you just have to do it. Try using self-tanner or gradual self-tanning lotion (makes me more confident about them, conceals stretchmarks).
Eurodiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:51 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

I have always gone sleeveless. I go sleeveless now, and I am a heavy girl. I know I haven't lost all the weight I want, but I don't think I could get by without going sleeveless now and again.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:41 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I never wear sleeveless, but I don't wear long sleeves either. Elbow lebgth or a longish short sleeve is OK. I don't care what other women wear but I notice that some would look better with a bit of a sleeve.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:49 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 208(preg)/179/135?

Height: 5'3"

Even when I was at my heaviest and could see all the weight in my arms, I wore tanks. I do not wear spaghetti straps, nor do I think i ever will My weight is all in my upper body, so spaghetti straps are freaking nasty on me.
ryeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:35 PM   #43  
Fat Chick on a Mission

S/C/G: 216/ticker/150

Height: 5ft 3in

Ya know, I'm sure there are folks out there who see me and think I should be wearing sleeves at all times. But I really don't care lol. If I knew who they were I'd be sure to parade around in spandex in front of them every chance I got just to make the point that I am not dressing for favorable judgment from the masses.

I love sleeveless shirts, especially tanks. I love sundresses. I love to wear flip flops with it all. I wear what I like, not what I think everyone else likes. Heat is a BIG factor here, and I refuse to make myself miserable so that I don't chance making a fashion faux pas. Besides, it's not like by covering it all as much as possible that I'm fooling anyone into thinking I'm not as fat as I really am.

When I look in the mirror I am worried about pleasing ME. Sure, there are things I don't like at the moment, areas I want to change and be as fit as I can...but nobody is perfect. I have stretchmarks. I have arm and belly and thigh flab. I'm not going to hide because I have imperfections. People can either love me or look the other way.
dragonlady1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:03 AM   #44  
Calorie Counter-Runner

S/C/G: 309/158/164

Height: 5'8

I'm in the middle....I want to wear tank tops but my arms sorta look like curdling pile of flab if they land just right along my side. Ugh. I hate it. I'm struggling to find peace with myself with this issue. I too have been throwing a small 3/4 sleeve waist high cardigan over my tanks to hide my arms...not going to be able to get away with this when it 80 degrees this summer! Going to have to suck it up and live my life I suppose and if I wear t-shirts vs a tank well then I'll just be hotter, lol. (ok not really laughing...sigh...)
twinmommaplusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:26 PM   #45  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

I just wore a sleeveless top for the first time a couple weeks ago...it was a girls night out and I was feeling brave! I have been working hard on my arms, so I felt "ok" about it. Still lots of work to do, but I have actually purchased a couple of other sleeveless tops to wear this summer!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote