Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 07-12-2007, 02:32 PM   #61  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Uhh and the weirdest thing happened this morning. I have been wearing the same bra for a couple months (I actually have a couple, same size, same brand, same style). This morning I noticed that I am majorly popping out of it. I don't want to buy new bras yet and I'm not sure about going up to a D cup. I started at a B cup at my highest weight.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 02:47 PM   #62  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I have no girls. At my highest weight, I was a B. At my lowest, I'm hovering at A. I have the most unfeminine figure imaginable (no hips, no boobs...just straight up and down, sigh).

I find its a lot easier to find wonderbras and other padding with a smaller band size, though. Manufacturers make more reducing or minimizing styles in the bigger band sizes, because most larger women get the larger boobs to go along with. So I hit 34 band size and promptly went on a reshaping/restructuring/ridiculously padded bra buying binge.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:13 PM   #63  
hara hachi bu

Nelie, my bra-fitter lady told me that sometimes if you go down a size in band, you can go up a size in cup (and vice versa). Maybe you've lost weight around the band area, but not the cup?

I lost 70 pounds and went from a 44DDD to a 42DDD. I also lost no inches from my upper arms. In high school when I was height-weight proportionate, I was a 34C. I'm hoping that the next 90 pounds will bring some of that off.

I recommend that anybody who has issues with their breast shape or size (like I do) to go to google and type in "normal breasts". One of the first pages that comes up is a photo gallery (with comments) from women with real breasts - I think the site is 007b dot com. I'd post a link here, but I wouldn't want anyone clicking on it at work inadvertently, as there are bare breast photos on the first page. It is enlightening to see such a huge variety of breasts, compared to the ONE shape of breasts we find in media.

Sports bras - I've never been able to find one in a store and try it on. I totally lucked out with the Enell Sports Bra - $58 and the girls don't move! Makes exercise a heck of a lot easier!
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:35 AM   #64  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful View Post
~I am so excited to loose my boobs.....

I have been packing these boulders around for soooo long, I am sick of them!!!!

I have pictures of fancy pretty girly bras dancing in my head!!!

No more underwire, super duper big thick shoulder straps for me!

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen! I'm squeezing into a 46D because it's the biggest wal-mart carries where I live. I would LOVE to be a 36 D
mkat321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:36 AM   #65  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

Quote:
Enell Sports Bra
must look at this when I have the money
mkat321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:35 PM   #66  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

When I was at 185, I was a 38 DDD. I've lost about 32 pounds since then and I've dropped down to a 36 DD--which is SO nice. I would love to end up at a D. The only place I can find CUTE bras to buy is Fredricks of Hollywood (not that I mind shopping there for cute bras...they've got some hot stuff!). If I were a regular D, I could find stuff in other stores, too.

My girls are looking a little saggy to me, though. I guess they always have been a little--a side effect of large boobs and gravity--but I'm 22! I've considered breast augmentation for after I lose all the weight--if I can get perky girls, I'll take 'em!
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 02:59 PM   #67  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Breast augmentation makes your breasts bigger by inserting implants. If you want your boobs a bit smaller then I do not recommend that!

I think you mean a breast lift? The ps can always remove a little bit of extra breast tissue at the same time so if you were still looking for them to be a smidge smaller then that would be the route to take I would think.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:12 PM   #68  
Just Me

I'm hoping for a breast lift when I get somewhere near goal. When I mentioned the thought to DH, he was a bit dubious. He isn't one much for "unnecessary" medical treatments and he thinks that a breast lift would be unnecessary. He has no problem though if I want to get rid of the excess skin elsewhere. Of course he has no idea what these babies will look like in another 50-70 lbs!

(Not that I really need permission, he just probably wouldn't be happy unless I convinced him somehow that it wasn't for vanity reasons or what not)
Old 07-19-2007, 06:36 PM   #69  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
he just probably wouldn't be happy unless I convinced him somehow that it wasn't for vanity reasons or what not
It isn't. I had an aug/plexy and it was simply to give me the normal breasts of a 23 year old who never had to lose over 140lbs. It was for physical "normalcy" and psychological "wholeness."
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:38 AM   #70  
Just Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingchica View Post
It isn't. I had an aug/plexy and it was simply to give me the normal breasts of a 23 year old who never had to lose over 140lbs. It was for physical "normalcy" and psychological "wholeness."

Oh I know! I think DH thinks that skin removal to have "normal" skin due to extreme weight loss is different than anything that has to do with the breasts. I think my breasts look pretty damn good right now but I fear what may happen as I continue
Old 07-20-2007, 09:55 PM   #71  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightengaleShane View Post
It totally depends on the person. I've always had big knockers - whether I weighed 175 or 105. They're 36D right now, but they were 36C even when I was super skinny.

Mary, have you always had big boobs? If so... I doubt they will shrink just weight weight loss.
I know this is late, but what the heck. I honestly don't know if my boobs are big or not. I steadily gained weight at the same time I should have developed breast, and also went on birth control...So who KNOWS. I do know my mom and grandma are both DD+ depending on weight..I was a only 40D when I started the weight loss, and I am only a 38D even at close to 200 pounds...but they haven't gotten any smaller this first 25 lb (33%) loss so my fingers are crossed. They are already kinda saggy and far apart anyway LOL, I have never had good cleavage! I think "water wings" is the term I have heard used to describe my breast shape?
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:08 PM   #72  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantastica View Post

I recommend that anybody who has issues with their breast shape or size (like I do) to go to google and type in "normal breasts". One of the first pages that comes up is a photo gallery (with comments) from women with real breasts - I think the site is 007b dot com. I'd post a link here, but I wouldn't want anyone clicking on it at work inadvertently, as there are bare breast photos on the first page. It is enlightening to see such a huge variety of breasts, compared to the ONE shape of breasts we find in media.
Oh wow! Thanks so much for that link! That second pair of boobs in the Normal Breast page looks just like mine, and that girl is 21 too!! I don't feel so bad now! Cool beans
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:36 PM   #73  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingchica View Post
Breast augmentation makes your breasts bigger by inserting implants. If you want your boobs a bit smaller then I do not recommend that!

I think you mean a breast lift? The ps can always remove a little bit of extra breast tissue at the same time so if you were still looking for them to be a smidge smaller then that would be the route to take I would think.
No, I actually did mean augmentation. I've seen pictures of lifts and they always look a little weird to me--like not filled out-looking. I really think I'd like a D cup--and I'm hoping I'll drop down into one after I'm done with my weight loss/fitness goals. I really want lifted, full-looking, ROUND-looking breasts...and I think that an implant might help with a -more- lifted look. Granted, I haven't seen a plastic surgeon at this point, but that was my idea. I'd rather end up as a DD with high, round, perky breasts than a lifted D with wonky-looking breasts.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:30 AM   #74  

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine in NJ View Post
I went from a 42J to a 34I.

Wow. J's and I's. I've never known anybody personally who had that much boobage. You should be proud, but I could so understand why you would want those smaller.

I personally don't exactly know what size I am. I think I am like a DDD to an E, but alot of people say they think I am bigger. I was also wondering about this too. I really don't want to loose my boobs. I do however at 19 want surgery to make them more perky. Stupid big boobs weigh to much on there own and pull down. It's sad, but one day. I'll have em perky..but first theres weight loss to be done.
broken wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:20 AM   #75  
Back to the beginning....

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'5"

I have noticed a great amount of loss in my boobs. I was a 38d when I started and now 46 lbs later...I have no idea but I do know that I no longer fill out my bras and that you can see the extra material in certain clothes. I went to Target and tried on some other sizes but they had too much padding and look funny now after I have washed them. I am hopping that dh will hold true to his word and pay for a lift and implant (along with tummy tuck).
Petra6998 is offline   Reply With Quote