Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 04-03-2007, 10:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/257/200

Height: 5'10"

Default Breast surgeries

Hi- I had breast reduction almost 2 years ago. I was HUGE and had 6 lbs removed and 12 inches in length off each one. My results were really major but myself and my doctor were not pleased at all with how it turned out. I had oddly perfectly symmetrical breasts before and after I had one that was a whole cup size smaller.

Here is my point. I had bad skin for this surgery--very badly stretched and I am not good at drinking water so very dry skin. My poor doctor looked shell shocked after the surgery. He is a very accomplished surgeon at Vanderbilt University Hospital and has done hundreds of breast reductions.

I am now scheduled for implants and another lift at the end of this month. I hate the idea of implants. I am not looking forward to this at all. I was wondering if anyone else had a bad plastic surgery and what was your outcome? Did you sue? Have more surgery? Leave it alone and just deal with it? I am not sure I am making the right decision but I don't want to regret not doing it.

Sorry this is getting long. Just needing some other opinions.
djamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:26 AM   #2  
RNY 3/1/06

Height: 5'2" and shrinking

I think you might be thinking of Hubs. She had some real issues with the surgeon (if he could be called that). I still think about her & wonder how she is.
Loodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 252/147/135

Height: 5'7''

Hello,

I had a terrible breast reduction about 8 years ago. I also had a large amount removed, 5lbs. A little less than you. He put my nipples on completely cock-eyed and scarred me terribly. I had these horrible bags under my breasts.

I also got implants in at the same time. I wanted to have little but very, um, perky boobs for once in my life. The whole time I had the implants in, I hated them!!!! I always felt this foreign object in my body and it just bothered me. However, with the right surgeon I would get them again, I want to try the gummy bear ones.

Anyway.... I did not sue, I wanted to, but I just didn't. I have had 2 corrective surgeries since, and could probably use one more, but I'm satisfied with how I look now. I hope it all works out for you!!!!
[B]
Shrinky Dink is offline   Reply With Quote