The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

View Poll Results: Who's Gonna Be the Biggest Loser
Erik from New York 33 89.19%
Heather from Utah 0 0%
Kia from Alaska 3 8.11%
Wylie from Florida 1 2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2006, 02:03 PM   #46  

How did Erik lose so much weight so quickly? Does anyone know his weight loss "story"? I tried to find it on the net but nothing was very clear. I don't have tv so don't watch. Thanks.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:07 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 227/153/135

Height: 5'7"

Erik's interview with a NY paper mentioned that he hit the gym 3 times a DAY once he got home, plus sometimes he ran the 8 miles from his home to his deli. I don't want to do anything that feels GOOD 3 times a day, let alone work out, but he was obviously motivated! On the Today Show, he said the whole process was 8-9 months and he lost 125 on the Ranch before he went home (so about 4 months in). For a guy who owns a deli & slings pastrami & burgers all day, he totally amazed me!
Old 12-16-2006, 05:24 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Yeah, Wylie is def gay. He has a profile on myspace and it's in his profile.

That's great that Erik found that motivation, but that's why people gain weight after the finale. People are doing things that cannot be maintained forever more. Working out 3x a day for life just is not feasible, unless you work in a gym or are a trainer as a profession.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:07 PM   #49  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrbabe View Post
Yeah, Wylie is def gay. He has a profile on myspace and it's in his profile.
Not that there's anything wrong with it.....

Cracked me up when they were waiting for the trainers to come out and I think it was Kai who said "where's my girl?" She was referring to Kim, but Wylie said "she's right here".....referring to himself....
Old 12-16-2006, 10:02 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Of course not! Heck, now that I think about it, the gay people on the show are my favorite people from the show.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:58 AM   #51  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkDiva View Post

I totally disagree. I know for myself and for a lot of women, part of losing weight and looking great is being able to go out and buy cute outfits and what-not. I would have taken it as a compliment and added how great it is to be able to buy such cute clothes, but that's just me and I was raised right. I think Kai was incredible rude and just showed the nation she has no class. JMO
I think Caroline was putting out such a negative stereotype. 'OMG don't you totally love how shallow and absorbed you can be by your clothes?'

Kai looked hot, and she was all about HERSELF, and not about the fabric. I thought it was totally classless of Caroline to ask about the clothes, instead of Kai's new bod.

But that's just me, and I was raised right.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:07 AM   #52  

Red face

LOL! Well, I supose since we were both raised right, we can agree to disagree. I seem to remember one of the guys commenting on being able to buy smaller sized clothes and not having to shop anymore at Big & tall, and how great it was being able to tuck in their shirts without the belly hanging over. I supose it's a totally differnt thing for guys to mention clothes and fabric's but not the girls, because it makes them classless, much like when a guy goes and sleeps around it makes them a stud, but if a woman does it, they are sluts....Okay, thanks for clearing that up for me.... All these yrs I walked around deluded...geeez.... Whatever would I have done without people like you showing me the light? LOL!

I still think kai acted like a classless twit.

Have a great day all.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:10 AM   #53  
Want the old me back

S/C/G: 190/182/160

Height: 5 7"

I don't like Heather, and I have no doubt she will be back to where she started once she has the baby. Was that not her problem in the first place that after she had her daughter the weight started packed itself on? I think it was really unfair to other contestants in the long run who stuck it out and kept trying to lose the weight. She goes home and gets pregnant in the first week so it seems, and pretty much takes up space that an other contestant could have had. Since she was still somewhat overweight when she went home, I have no doubt if they were to go back to her in 1 year she would be back to her starting weight again.