The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 12-22-2006, 09:48 AM   #1  

Default Bob VS Jillian

Hi Everyone~ I’m Julie. It has been such a long time since I have been to 3 fat chicks. I didn’t even know that there was this thread.
My questions for everyone are these.
1) What is the difference between Bob’s plan and Jillian’s?
2) Has anyone tried either? If so are they hard and what are your results?

On the show I couldn’t stand Jillian she seemed like such a mean person, but after reading some of her old posts, she is wonderful and I wish she would come back. It was so nice of her to answer all of the questions posted for her. I hope she hasn’t forgotten about US!

Okay, thanks for all your responses and Have a very Happy Holiday!
Old 12-23-2006, 12:41 PM   #2  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Hi Julie - I don't know anything about Bob's plan so I can't really answer your specific question. I have worked Jillian's plan and have had great success with it. Her book is, of course, the primary source but she also sends out a newsletter that you can subscribe too for free. There is also an active thread here of people that are doing her plan. Feel free to join us over there. I am not even sure the title but it is the one with thousands of post, I guess the same one that Jillian was posting on. I don't think she has forgotten us so much as that she has her own message board now. You do have to pay to access that, I have not so don't know too much about it though one of the gals that posts on the aforementioned thread does. If you have time to go through that thread she has commented on that experience. Whatever you do, good luck.
Old 12-24-2006, 04:11 PM   #3  
TwinkleGirl

S/C/G: 220/179/154

Height: 5'9"

Hi Julie!
I'm the girl who pays to be a member of Jillian's online site. I like it there, but most of the information you can get from her book, so it really depends on your financial situation. Jillian focuses on counting calories and exercising. Her whole theory is 'calories in VS calories out.' So, if your burning more calories than you're taking in, you'll lose weight. She also likes us to do weight circuits, and a little cardio, so that we are gaining lean muscle while losing the fat.
I have also had great success with Jillian program, and i never thought i could weight what i do. After trying all of the gymicky diets, i was so happy to finally realise that cutting my calories and exercising worked!
Good Luck, oh and the other thread where those of us who are following Jillin program post is called Jillian's Girls Exercise Journal.