3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing-184/)
-   -   THe biggest loser final chat thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing/94287-biggest-loser-final-chat-thread.html)

Big BL Fan 09-21-2006 05:45 PM

I liked the show last night, great motivation. I had an awesome workout today and had a yummy salad for lunch and feel great. I like Bob a lot, but his mohawk? What the heck was that about he looked really weird I thought. But anyway, I too love being apart of a team!!

Idealmuse 09-21-2006 06:03 PM

Well someone started a thread to talk about the TV show but it got closed in the chaos, so that's why it's mixed in with the chatter thread.

So back to US and our challenge... what did you guys do today ?

Today I tried 2 new workouts. TurboJam Cardio Party live and Kathy Smiths aerobox (did the jumprope sections on the rebounder) - Wow that aerobox one was killer! ugh.

So I got an hour of cardio in for the day! woot!

how about you guys?

andreaphilip3 09-21-2006 06:07 PM

sup yall?
yes this is the thread for chat and chat like things.
go rosie! you taped it? i wish i had!
you all are doin great. i need the weekend to find my motivation cuz i seemed to have lost it.....

nibs 09-21-2006 06:19 PM

You need to jump back on the wagon andreaphilip3 when you're ready. Don't wander too far over the weekend. Motivation is just around the corner.;)

Danaka 09-21-2006 06:40 PM

Thanks for starting this group Andrea.

I am hoping the BL can get me back on track to sustain my weight loss. I have lost 50 pounds already. I had a tough summer (including the death of my father) and that really got me unfocused on my weight loss. But I am feeling strong and ready now.

I rejoined WW and following a healthy diet. My gym closed the pool this summer, so I am looking for a new gym. I will probably join the local Y which is new and beautiful.

I enjoyed the show last night, although they have taken product placement to new levels! I guess it works on me though, I have been thinking of Jello LOL.

Kathy

melissa73 09-21-2006 11:57 PM

I am so excited for this challenge. After watching The entire BL show today (that I taped) I was soooo motivated. (Go Massachussetts...:) ) I have been yo-yoing for far too long. I was losing consistently and down 30lbs but then I was diagnosed with thryoid cancer and after my surgeries and during the radioactive iodine treatment I had gained 10lbs back and have been yo-yoing each week. That has to stop and i'm hoping this challenge will help me put that into perspective.

GO RED TEAM!!!!

I had no time for anything today outside of school. Although during recess I was playing tag with my students so I got some running in...LOL. But I am hitting the gym hard tomorrow night...doing at least 30 minutes of cardio and about 40 minutes of weights....back and biceps....and my 100 crunches and 15 pushups. :-) I plan on hitting the gym for my cardio and weight training routine at least 3 nights a week (Monday, Wednesday and Fridays when my son is at soccer practice) and then on my off gym days I will be doing some kind of cardio (DVD, walking or bike riding) as well as my crunches and push ups.

TERAPET 09-22-2006 10:13 AM

Good Morning Big Losers!

(I hope that sounds okay!) I am already struggling to be good and wondering what I got myself into. I didn't want to run yesterday but I remembered the challenge. I wanted to quit running before I finished my usual route but I kept thinking about how hard the people on the show are working and that helped me continue. I wanted to eat ice cream last night when I was watching TV but my DD reminded me of the team. Gosh, bad habits are hard to break! Anyhow, I am glad I made it through the day and definitely did much better calorie-wise then I have in a long time. I am really looking forward to losing some weight so a big thank you to the team and this challenge for spurring me on.

Rosario 09-22-2006 10:23 AM

Well I watched the season premier last nite. I am definitely rooting for the Red team!! Woohoo!!! One question: was that their weight loss for 1 week?? If it was...WOW!!!! I would love to lose 20 pounds in 1 week!!

Terapet--I know what you mean!! I have yet to even think about excercising.

melissa--your workout plan sounds like a good one!!

Danaka--wow. 50 pounds already?? that's great!!!

andreaphillip--i need to find my motivaton too this weekend!!! Let's both work at looking for it and make this game work for us. We can do it!!!!

I started reading the Fat SMash Diet. Sounds like something I can do!! If I work on that and the excercise...then I'll be good to go!!!

Good Luck Everyone!!!!!!!!!

Jen415 09-22-2006 10:30 AM

Hey Rosario! I'm following the Fat Smash Plan (although not strictly) and it works!

About the show: Sometimes their weigh ins are past a week--like 10 days or so. They are never specific about it, so you never know for sure how much time has lapsed from one weigh in to the next.

*skrog* 09-22-2006 10:36 AM

well it's friday! and i am off to a decent start, yesterday is day one of my weight watchers week, and i did good ate my daily points and 5 of my weekly flex points so not bad at all, i did not do any structured excercise, but i cleaned hard ALL day, and i do mean all day, from like 9 am to about 7 pm, then i did 5 pushups right before bed, i am going to try to add more excercise to my day but other than that i am feeling pretty good!

GO RED!!!! :carrot: :carrot:

CharityKB 09-22-2006 11:01 AM

Hello everyone! This challenge is also really helping me to stay on track and to get more exercise. I have exercised more this week than I have in months! I have my ww weigh in tomorrow, so we will see where I am.

GO BLUE TEAM!!!!

andreaphilip3 09-22-2006 11:37 AM

tgif ladies!!!

whats up charity? could you plz email me and tell me how the wt loss percentagee thing works cuz i know you said it wouldnt matter w uneven teams? thanks. [email protected]

CharityKB 09-22-2006 11:44 AM

Andrea, I just sent you an e-mail!

Ottoette 09-22-2006 12:05 PM

I'm not doing so great on the exercise, but pretty good on the food. I wish I could resolve the afternoon munchie thing!
You have to remember that the contestants are exercising with a personal trainer more than 2 hours a day as well as following a very strict diet. 1200-1500 cals a day for women, almost all unprocessed foods if you saw the lists they posted on the premiere. The contestants are also monitored by medical staff, plus it was their first week. Many of you know the dramatic first week results you can get from SBD or Atkins just by eliminating refined carbs!
Anyway, I just wanted to remind everyone not to strive for the kinds of weekly results you will see on TV. Let's compete against each other in the real world and not the folks lucky enough to be secluded on the ranch far far away from MickeyD's and vending machines!

Ottoette 09-22-2006 12:10 PM

Testing new sig - hope you guys don't mind!