Australia's Biggest Loser

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • I really doubt that you'll get in the States. But don't worry, we'll keep you updated.
  • I agree with you Renny Sue, who can sit down and eat 3 big macs in one sitting? Who can really eat that much food. I see these statistics in magazines of what people "ate" in their before diet meals and I'm eating a third of what they supposeably ate and I'm 85 kgs. I have big servings that I need to cut down on but not THAT big. I read both of her books, and had a look at her site, but I'm sure not going to sign up to it. She reckons it costs you the same price as a pizza, not likely, when we buy pizza it costs us $4.50. Her site is a lot more than that. I enjoyed her first book, but notthe second one.

I hope tonites biggest loser is better than it has been.
  • They seem to be a meaner more sarcastic bunch than the yanks but i suppose that's australians for you! ha!
    I'd like to see more working out happening!

So far of all contestants red and blue the only one i dislike is jo. I don't know why but the annoys the F*** out of me. I really didn't want jillian to pick her. She's red team now so... she'll have my support i suppose! Darn it!
  • Hey, I'm 110kg (what she was when she started) and I certainly don't eat that. I'd be sick.

I still enjoy it. I watched it at the gym today, and when I looked around, eight out of ten TVs were on that.
  • Hope we get it in the UK. We've had Australia's Top Model (as well as US and UK) on the channel that runs The Biggest Loser UK and US - so I'm betting we'll get the Aussie next. Hope so - I need my fix of Bob!

For the UK one, we didn't get Bob and Jillian - got our own homegrown versions. The lady one was well vicious - really tough as old boots, and screamed constantly at her team. The bloke one was like Bob - all holistic and New Age - so you had this hilarious contrast between Boot Camp style and lovey-dovey New Age guru style training.

Interestingly, the presenter was also a bit podgy, not the usual stick insect.
  • I thought with last nights show that the blue team was rather mean to the red team and really childish. I mean come on, crowing about some of the red team members having to eat stuff. I couldn't believe it.

I too would like to see more of the workouts. I really dont know how Jillian got her team to jog, I dont think I could do it, but if I have a chance I'm going to give it a go.
  • Well I'm loving that it's on every night. The first night was slow but once Bob and Jillian got there I've loved it. I enjoy it most when they're kicking their teams butts. I liked the bridge thing tonight too.

AJ has seemed quite uncomfortable, better tonight though. Hopefully she's just settling in.

Anyway good news foreigners. You can download the first three episodes and I'm sure the fourth will be there soon also.

http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=biggest+loser

Hmm I hope I'm alowed to post a link.. ??

Enjoy!!
  • So, what did you think of the weight that was dropped? And who do you think will go? I'm hoping for Jo.

I never thought i'd see someone drop 15kgs in one week! That's gotta be a record?!
  • That was a record. I was impressed by Kristie's efforts myself.

Dave's going this week.
  • Have they mentioned anything about why Bob had to go back to the U.S.?

Just curious. I've been reviewing aussie recaps and everyone keeps asking about it.
  • Turns out his mum died (on tonight's eppisode) Poor Bob. They said three days, but that dosen't sound right, I'm going to assume it means three TV days, and he'll be there on Monday.
  • wow
    so sorry to hear about Bob's mom
  • So what happened last night? Anything exciting? Or just more build up for the weigh in?
  • They pulled Mac trucks in a race.

So I had my day at BL and it was great.

Jillian totally made sure she introduced herself to me. What a star.
  • Quote: They pulled Mac trucks in a race.

So I had my day at BL and it was great.

Jillian totally made sure she introduced herself to me. What a star.
    That is awesome. Did she know you/remember you from the board?

When you're able (when it airs) you should definately give us some more details.